Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Creating a menu within a script file Post 302150025 by sinjin on Sunday 9th of December 2007 10:51:16 PM
Old 12-09-2007
Confused

Robs,

Thank you for the reply, but I'm still confused after reading it. For example, I have no idea what the "cat << ENDINPUT" means. What do "sun," "ansi," and "wyse50" have to do with anything? It would be much easier if you could use the information I provided to include with your response.

I can kinda figure out that "termchoice" relates to the selection that the user makes from the menu. However, you then have "sun", ansi, and wyse50 followed by a single parentheses on the following line. I don't get that at all either. Please provide an example that has to do with the information I gave. I could understand that much better. Thank you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating a menu for recycling and permanently deleting files.

Trying to alias rm to move files to a hidden trash directory in the bash shell. I've tried to create this alias numberous ways and it's just not working. Here's what I've tried, anyone have any suggestions. alias rm='mv $* ~/.trash' alias rm= 'mv$* ~/.trash' things like that... I've also... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: strmy_ngts
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating menu list from configuration file

Hi folks, I have the following function ,which generates menu for installation type: select_install_type() { echo echo ======================================== echo Please select the type of installation: echo ======================================== ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nir_s
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a menu from find

Hi I am wanting to create a menu that will list all the log files in a specific directory such as /apps/logs. So it would be something like this: #!/bin/ksh print 'Select The Required Log File' PS3='log? ' select choice in <this is to contain a list of files that are in a directory that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: markrj
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a menu

Hi, I need your help co create a very small menu somthing that look like this: 1. first step 2. second step 3. last step from step : ___ to step : ___ If the user choose 1 --> it will echo : Hellow If the user choose 2 --> it will echo : World If the user choose 3 --> it will echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoavbe
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Menu in Menu script issue

Problem: I am trying to create a menu in a menu script and I am running into an issue with the calculator portion of the script. I am first presented with the ==Options Menu== which all 5 options working correctly. Now comes the fun part. I select option 1 which takes me to my ==Calculator... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iDdraig
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Select Menu Script

Hi All, I need to develop a bash script list “list of files” and able to select if any and set as globe variable in script and use for other function. I would like to see in menu format. Example out put Below are the listed files for database clone 1. Sys.txt 2. abc.txt 3. Ddd.txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashanabey
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution Problem with dispalying file content using menu driven script

HI All.. below is my menu options script. in option 2,3 and 4 im giving input and they are saving into their respective text file. problem is when im trying to "cat" those files in options 7,8 and 9 im not getting the output. no respective file contents are displaying on screen. but if i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saichand1985
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to call a menu script and redirect each option to a text file

Hello, I want to design a script that will call an existing menu script and select options one by one and redirict the out put to a file. For example;- In the script MENU.sh there are 10 options i want to design a script MENU2.sh that will select option 2 3 4 6 7 10 and redirict the output... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: spradha
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help creating a menu.

Hi Master of masters, Thanks for ur reply. Need ur help for following. Is it possible to create menu for following in linux or a function. > Look in logs > Status > Action > End Action > CONFSUCCESS > Success > Show message as successful > Enter to continue > CONFFAIL > Failure > Show... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajeshwebspere
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating bash script to process a data file based on the menu

Hey, im fairly new to unix and Im trying to make this unix project that would display a menu and do the following. MENU =========================== (p, P) Print users info (a, A) Add new user (s, S) Search user (d, D) Delete user (x,X) Exit Enter your choice: Trying to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimaxtrd
3 Replies
xpachanges(7)							SAORD Documentation						     xpachanges(7)

NAME
XPAChanges - Changes For Users from XPA 1.0 and 2.0 SYNOPSIS
This document describes changes that will affect users who migrate from XPA 1.0 to XPA 2.0. DESCRIPTION
There have been a few changes that affect users who upgrade XPA from version 1.0 to version 2.0. These changes are detailed below. o XPA commands no longer have a resolver routine (this is open to negotiations, but we decided the idea was dumb). For the SAOtng pro- gram, this means that you must explicitly specify the access point, i.e.,: cat foo.fits | xpaset SAOtng fits instead of: cat foo.fits | xpaset SAOtng o By default, xpaset, xpaget, etc. now wait for the server callback to complete; i.e., the old -W is implied (and the switch is ignored). This allows support for better error handling. If you want xpaset, etc. to return before the callback is complete, use -n switch: echo "file foo.fits" | xpaset -n SAOtng o The old -w switch in xpaset and xpaget is no longer necessary (and is ignored), since you can have more than one process communicating with an xpa access point at one time. o The new -p switch on xpaset means you need not read from stdout: xpaset -p SAOtng colormap I8 will send the paramlist to the SAOtng callback without reading from stdin. SEE ALSO
See xpa(7) for a list of XPA help pages version 2.1.14 June 7, 2012 xpachanges(7)