Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: gzip: FSUM7351 not found
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications gzip: FSUM7351 not found Post 302148741 by bijus76 on Monday 3rd of December 2007 01:30:15 PM
Old 12-03-2007
gzip: FSUM7351 not found

But,normally where can i find this file?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GZIP help, please!

Gurus, My own stupidity (or ignorance...or both) put me in the situation I am in and I need help please: 1-My shell account (OS: HP UX v11) contains several work directories (/docs, /scripts...) 2-Our sysadmin has implemented aggressive disk quotas so I have to compress the files I put here... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alan
2 Replies

2. SCO

gzip

ciao a tutti, premesso che sono un principiante di unix, avrei bisogno di gzip/gunzip e SOPRATTUTTO delle istruzioni (ahimè dettagliatissime, come per un bimbo!) per installarlo... grazie mille, ciao (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mfran2002
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

gzip

Hi All, I have some files which are 01.tar.gz, 02.tar.gz,03.tar.gz ........30.tar.gz. when I want to extract the files I 'm using this command "gzip -dc *.tar.gz | tar -xvf -" but it just uncompress 01.tar.gz how can I uncompress all of them ? thanx alice (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alisevA3
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i check in csh if command found or not found ?

hello all im trying to use in sun Solaris the information received from the top command now i several machines that dont have install the top program so when im running the script im geting error saying after im running this code : set MemoryInfo = `top | grep Memory` if (... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

java: runjar_new 1: FSUM7351 not found

Hi, I am getting are error message when i call a java program from shell script. I have the java class in specified folder. I could not find command 'java' in /bin folder.Is it the issue? Please help me in this. Thanks Biju (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bijus76
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

gzip

Hi, I want to gzip files in loop. for i in `ls *.xml`; do gzip $i; done But i am gettin error like "/usr/bin/ls: Arg list too long" Also please tell me how to do it with while loop and also using find and then exec. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tushar_tus
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

gzip vs pipe gzip: produce different file size

Hi All, I have a random test file: test.txt, size: 146 $ ll test.txt $ 146 test.txt Take 1: $ cat test.txt | gzip > test.txt.gz $ ll test.txt.gz $ 124 test.txt.gz Take 2: $ gzip test.txt $ ll test.txt.gz $ 133 test.txt.gz As you can see, gzipping a file and piping into gzip... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hanfresco
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sh: gzip: not found ERROR

I am creating a script to run the SysInfo tool under HPUX servers, this is my script! #!/usr/bin/ksh # # Date: February 29th 2011 # #Definicion de variables PATH_TMP=/home/eponcede > HPUX_SysInfo.log for host in `cat $PATH_TMP/servers/host_hp2_test` do echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eponcedeleonc
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

gzip

how to zip all log file in a folder expect the latest gzip * ---> will zip all log files but I don't want the latest file to be zipped ex: file1, file2, file3, file4, file5 any single command to gzip all files excpet file5 ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmann
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gzip

if ;then echo "mrnet greater 5000" gzip /var/log/mrnet.log /var/log/mrnet.log.1.gz fi i'm looking if mrnet.log is bigger then 5000 then compress mrnet.log to mrnet.log.1.gz but it won't compress. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Froob
3 Replies
sane-find-scanner(1)					      General Commands Manual					      sane-find-scanner(1)

NAME
sane-find-scanner - find SCSI and USB scanners and their device files SYNOPSIS
sane-find-scanner [-h|-?] [-v] [-q] [-f] [devname] DESCRIPTION
sane-find-scanner is a command-line tool to find SCSI and some USB scanners and determine their Unix device files. It's part of the sane- backends package. For SCSI scanners, it checks the default generic SCSI device files (e.g., /dev/sg0) and /dev/scanner. The test is done by sending a SCSI inquiry command and looking for a device type of "scanner" or "processor" (some old HP scanners seem to send "processor"). So sane-find- scanner will find any SCSI scanner connected to those default device files even if it isn't supported by any SANE backend. For USB scanners, first the USB kernel scanner device files (e.g. /dev/usb/scanner0), /dev/usb/scanner, and /dev/usbscanner are tested. The files are opened and the vendor and device ids are determined if the operating system supports this feature. Currently USB scanners are only found this way if they are supported by the Linux scanner module or the FreeBSD or OpenBSD uscanner driver. After that test, sane- find-scanner tries to scan for USB devices found by the USB library libusb (if available). There is no special USB class for scanners, so the heuristics used to distinguish scanners from other USB devices is not perfect. sane-find-scanner will even find USB scanners, that are not supported by any SANE backend. sane-find-scanner won't find parallel port scanners, or scanners connected to proprietary ports. OPTIONS
-h, -? Prints a short usage message. -v Verbose output. If used once, sane-find-scanner shows every device name and the test result. If used twice, SCSI inquiry informa- tion and the USB device descriptors are also printed. -q Be quiet. Print only the devices, no comments. -f Force opening all explicitely given devices as SCSI and USB devices. That's useful if sane-find-scanner is wrong in determing the device type. devname Test device file "devname". No other devices are checked if devname is given. EXAMPLE
sane-find-scanner -v Check all SCSI and USB devices for available scanners and print a line for every device file. sane-find-scanner /dev/scanner Look for a (SCSI) scanner only at /dev/scanner and print the result. SEE ALSO
sane(7), sane-scsi(5), sane-usb(5), scanimage(1), xscanimage(1), xsane(1), sane-"backendname"(5) AUTHOR
Oliver Rauch, Henning Meier-Geinitz and others SUPPORTED PLATFORMS
USB support is limited to Linux (kernel, libusb), FreeBSD (kernel, libusb), NetBSD (libusb), OpenBSD (kernel, libusb). Detecting the vendor and device ids only works with Linux or libusb. SCSI support is available on Irix, EMX, Linux, Next, AIX, Solaris, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, and HP-UX. BUGS
No support for parallel port scanners yet. 15 Sep 2002 sane-find-scanner(1)