Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Relation between kernel & weblogic thread Post 302146714 by porter on Thursday 22nd of November 2007 01:08:44 AM
Old 11-22-2007
1. The kernel parameter will determine the system limite.

2. It will have no effect on weblogic if weblogic is using "green threads" ie, user threads.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

2.4.9 Linux Kernel & PCMCIA Wireless Problems

We are installing a PrismII chipset wireless PCMCIA card with a new 2.4.9 linux kernel. The card is a D-Link DWL-650. The 2.4.9 kernel uses the orinoco_cs.o driver. Anyone running this configuration? The 2.4.9 Linux kernel has built in PCMCIA support and the README says it supports the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

2. Solaris

How to tune kernel Parameters in Solaris 10,9 & how to measure performance

Hi, I want to tune my SUN servers for best performance. My servers are heavily loaded and used. They have Solaris 10. How to tune Kernel Parameters of solaris ? And How can I measue performance before changing parameters and after changing parameters ? Please help Thanks NeeleshG (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: neel.gurjar
2 Replies

3. SuSE

SuSE Linux Kernel & Veritas MultiNIC Configuration...!!!

Dear All, I would like to install VERITAS Cluster 4.1 on SuSE Linux 10 with SP1 & following is the requirement of the kernel from VERITAS side; SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 with SP1 with following kernel level: 2.6.16-37-0.18-smp/2.6.16-37-0.18-bigsmp After installing the SuSE 10 with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jumadhiya
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

nk thread kernel parameter

Hi. I wanted to know, that if an issue is coming, where ,on running a load test, the memory of the APP server(unix) increases, but does not come down once the test is over, in that case, does tuning the nk thread paramter help in teleasing of the memory..??? plz answer soon (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TC123
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

wake up user space thread from kernel space ISR

Hello, I'm searching for a proper way to let the kernel space ISR(implemented in a kernel module) wake up a user space thread on a hardware interrupt. Except for sending a real-time signal, is it possible to use a semaphore? I've searched it on google, but it seems impossible to share a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaronwong
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

nfs on RHEL5.4 in relation to the selected kernel

I have 2 RHEL5.4 systems connected by a network. I start nfs server on one (fill /etc/exports , exportfs -ra, service nfs start, portmpa is up) and the client is on the other . I can mount the exported directory on the client and work there . Now the RH54 kernel is 2.6.18 . I now installed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dubi
2 Replies

7. Linux

Linux kernel & Trusted Computing

Anyone have a current/cumulative list of all Trusted Computing-based drivers, modules, etc., that have been added to the kernel? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Varsel
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

One to many relation by awk

Hi, I have a file with more than 50,000 rows. The file is **hsa-miR-10a** ** ABBA-1 ** **hsa-miR-10a** ** ABCA1 ** **hsa-miR-10a** ** ABCC3 ** **hsa-miR-10a** ** ABCC3 ** **hsa-miR-10a** ** ABI3 ** **hsa-miR-10a** ** ACAD11 ** **hsa-miR-10a** ** ACAD11 ** **hsa-miR-10a** ** ACRC **... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
3 Replies
XInitThreads(3) 						  XLIB FUNCTIONS						   XInitThreads(3)

NAME
XInitThreads, XLockDisplay, XUnlockDisplay - multi-threading support SYNTAX
Status XInitThreads(void); void XLockDisplay(Display *display); void XUnlockDisplay(Display *display); ARGUMENTS
display Specifies the connection to the X server. DESCRIPTION
The XInitThreads function initializes Xlib support for concurrent threads. This function must be the first Xlib function a multi-threaded program calls, and it must complete before any other Xlib call is made. This function returns a nonzero status if initialization was suc- cessful; otherwise, it returns zero. On systems that do not support threads, this function always returns zero. It is only necessary to call this function if multiple threads might use Xlib concurrently. If all calls to Xlib functions are protected by some other access mechanism (for example, a mutual exclusion lock in a toolkit or through explicit client programming), Xlib thread ini- tialization is not required. It is recommended that single-threaded programs not call this function. The XLockDisplay function locks out all other threads from using the specified display. Other threads attempting to use the display will block until the display is unlocked by this thread. Nested calls to XLockDisplay work correctly; the display will not actually be unlocked until XUnlockDisplay has been called the same number of times as XLockDisplay. This function has no effect unless Xlib was successfully initialized for threads using XInitThreads. The XUnlockDisplay function allows other threads to use the specified display again. Any threads that have blocked on the display are allowed to continue. Nested locking works correctly; if XLockDisplay has been called multiple times by a thread, then XUnlockDisplay must be called an equal number of times before the display is actually unlocked. This function has no effect unless Xlib was successfully ini- tialized for threads using XInitThreads. SEE ALSO
Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 libX11 1.5.0 XInitThreads(3)