Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers what is wrong in this awk or grep .... Post 302145740 by manas_ranjan on Thursday 15th of November 2007 04:46:28 AM
Old 11-15-2007
thankx a lot...but even if i tried this one...
grep '^\${array1[0]}.*' test.txt=> no use
but what is the problem in awk.......
awk -v find=${array1[0]} '/^find.*/ {print $0}' test.txt
any suggestions.....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

what is wrong with my awk statment?

I am looking to find something in the hour(in field $2) of 03:00:07 and 04:00:07 and 05:00:07 and must contain something in field 4... why doesn't below command work? I try to use grep .. but since I am running this in loop, it's best I use the awk .. can someone please advise.. I am pretty... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hankooknara
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

what i do wrong, find grep rm, help me plz

hello. i need find folders only with name 2006 and delete. find /path/to/dir/-07/ -type d | grep 2006 | -exec rm -rf {} \; and etc doesnt work :\ what i do wrong :? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: djdes22
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk... what is wrong?

Hi there, what is wrong with this? grep ">>" alarms_temp | awk '{print substr($5, 2), $7}' | read var1 var2 echo "$var1" echo "$var2" Both variable are empty, but if i run: grep ">>" alarms_temp | awk '{print substr($5, 2), $7}' I have: 0 9 as a result. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marimovo
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command showing wrong output in Linux

Hi All I am trying to run a script in linux wherein i have a command like this grep ^prmAttunityUser= djpHewr2XFMAttunitySetup_ae1_tmp djpHewr2XFMAttunitySetup_ae1_tmp is a temporary file in which the user value is stored but this command in the script returns me balnk value whereas it has a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vee_789
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

What's wrong with this awk?

ZSCORE=$(awk "BEGIN {if($STDEVIATE>0) {print ZSCORER=$(awk "BEGIN{print (${ALL} - ${AVERAGE}) / ${STDEVIATE}}")}else print "0"}") awk: fatal: division by zero attempted awk: BEGIN {if(0==0) {print ZSCORER=}else print 0} awk: ^ syntax error ALL=9 STDEVIATE=0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

what's wrong with my awk

echo "abc:bcd" |awk '{split($0,b,":");print "b" is good }' I want to "bcd" is good , anything is wrong with my, please don't change my thought with split, I just want to know what's wrong :o (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

What's wrong with this awk?

I have a file and if I'm doing following action on that file it's coming up correctly awk -F"," '/DATA_TYPE/ { cnt += $3 } END { print " DATA_TYPE count=" cnt}' inter DATA_TYPE count=19593131 now if I'm changing same AWK, so that now it can accept variable, then it's somehow not working.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is wrong with this awk statement?

echo $line | awk -F, "BEGIN {if(NF==10) && /'"${MONTH}"' '"${DAY}"' '"${TIMEH}:"'/,0 {print $10"-"$4} else {print $13"-"$4}}" if the fields in the line is equal to 10, print the values of this specified fields "$10 and $4". if the fields in the line is anything but 10, print the values of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

What's wrong with my awk

file1: maximum_delay time: 102.794 ms maximum_delay time: 92.977 ms maximum_delay time: 98.895 ms maximum_delay time: 96.891 ms maximum_delay time: 86.966 ms maximum_delay time: 95.91 ms maximum_delay time: 98.921 ms maximum_delay time: 89.881 ms maximum_delay time: 92.931 ms... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is wrong with my awk code?

Hi there, I am trying to select a number of lines based on the lat. lon columns in a file but my awk code gives me empty result. Here is my file: 20100213 102212 33.1185 39.4078 2.9 20100214 141753 33.1058 39.9068 2.9 20100218 115828 33.1907 39.3575 2.9 20100225 220001 33.1932 39.9448... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: johankor
10 Replies
merge_fonts(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual					      merge_fonts(3alleg4)

NAME
merge_fonts - Merges two fonts into one font. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> FONT *merge_fonts(FONT *f1, FONT *f2) DESCRIPTION
This function merges the character ranges from two fonts and returns a new font containing all characters in the old fonts. In general, you cannot merge fonts of different types (eg, TrueType fonts and bitmapped fonts), but as a special case, this function can promote a mono- chrome bitmapped font to a color font and merge those. Example: FONT *myfont; FONT *myfancy_font; FONT *lower_range; FONT *upper_range; FONT *capitals; FONT *combined_font; FONT *tempfont; ... /* Create a font that contains the capitals from */ /* the fancy font but other characters from myfont */ lower_range = extract_font_range(myfont, -1, 'A'-1); upper_range = extract_font_range(myfont, 'Z'+1, -1); capitals = extract_font_range(myfancy_font, 'A', 'Z'); tempfont = merge_fonts(lower_range, capitals); combined_font = merge_fonts(tempfont, upper_range); /* Clean up temporary fonts */ destroy_font(lower_range); destroy_font(upper_range); destroy_font(capitals); destroy_font(tempfont); RETURN VALUE
Returns a pointer to the new font or NULL on error. Remember that you are responsible for destroying the font when you are finished with it to avoid memory leaks. SEE ALSO
extract_font_range(3alleg4), is_trans_font(3alleg4), is_color_font(3alleg4), is_mono_font(3alleg4), exfont(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 merge_fonts(3alleg4)