Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Intro: Josh
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Intro: Josh Post 302131229 by uwoodyjk on Thursday 9th of August 2007 05:47:16 PM
Old 08-09-2007
Intro: Josh

Hey,

I had been working in UNIX environments from 1997 to 2007.

From 1997 - 1999 I worked as an Operator in a Solaris environment.

From 1999 - March 2007 I worked mostly in HP-UX, some SCO, some RedHat Linux as an Operator/Programmer(scripter)/Admin.

No luck finding work, so I am going to try and stay connected to UNIX by participating in these forums.

So if you are reading this, what do you do with UNIX?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Our First Flash Intro ?

Well, someone created a flash intro for us (their first attempt at SWiSH!) OK, SECOND DRAFT: https://www.unix.com/test_intro2.swf --------------------------- FIRST DRAFT: https://www.unix.com/test_intro1.swf Notice it says "Search before posting a question"..... Well????... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
24 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

New Flash intro from Forum Member.....

New submission for flash intro: What do you think? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies

3. Tips and Tutorials

PERL & CPAN Intro for Newbies

So you want to learn a unix scripting language that you'll be able to use in any situation? Perl is your answer ! This is a little intro to installing CPAN modules. If you don't know what CPAN is, check out http://search.cpan.org/. Basicly, it is a massive archive of perl libraries that will... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: obitus
0 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Intro ( Mark Thomas )

Houdy everyone! yes I'm a newbie here I'm a big fan of the BSD's, in particular NetBSD. Don't have much use for Linux or the various "distro's" of it ( no flame intended ). I'm going to try Solaris 10 on an i386 box real soon. By day I'm a CAD tech for a local government entity, by night... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mark Thomas
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

intro to UNIX - making a sort-of recycle bin (for fun)

Hello, I'm only taking Intro to UNIX in school right now, so please bear with me. My problem is with a sort-of recycle-bin rig I've created for fun. I'm using Ubuntu 9.04, I am the admin. (only user, actually) of this computer. I'm using this script in ~/.bashrc # if files exist, remove contents... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jzacsh
6 Replies
TTYTYPE(5)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							TTYTYPE(5)

NAME
ttytype - terminal device to default terminal type mapping DESCRIPTION
The /etc/ttytype file associates termcap(5)/terminfo(5) terminal type names with tty lines. Each line consists of a terminal type, fol- lowed by whitespace, followed by a tty name (a device name without the /dev/) prefix. This association is used by the program tset(1) to set the environment variable TERM to the default terminal name for the user's current tty. This facility was designed for a traditional time-sharing environment featuring character-cell terminals hardwired to a UNIX minicomputer. It is little used on modern workstation and personal UNIX systems. FILES
/etc/ttytype the tty definitions file. EXAMPLE
A typical /etc/ttytype is: con80x25 tty1 vt320 ttys0 SEE ALSO
termcap(5), terminfo(5), agetty(8), mingetty(8) Linux 2012-12-31 TTYTYPE(5)