Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SNMPGET unix script - help
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers SNMPGET unix script - help Post 302128709 by langdatyagi on Thursday 26th of July 2007 07:43:33 AM
Old 07-26-2007
SNMPGET unix script - help

Hi need urgent help , for creating unix script .
To collect system name,This is command i want to execute n (integer) no. of times for for a differnt IP addresses .IP is variable in every execution.
Other string & collecter name is constant .
snmpGet %IP% sysName.0 -c <string> -S <datacollecter name>

Please help in this . thanks a lot.

rgds
LT
langdatyagi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP script for sending a file from one unix directory to another unix server director

Hi, My local server is :/usr/abcd/ Remote server is :/Usr/host/test/ I want to send files from local unix directory(All files starting with O_999) to remote host unix directory. Can any body give me the Unix Shell script to do this. One more doubt: Shall we need to change the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raja_1234
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

snmpget command not working

HI to all Unix gurus and Lovers, I am having one snmpd problem somewhat strange. When I execute 'snmpget -v2c -c public <local_ip> system.sysDescr.0' initially 4-5 times it executes properly,But after that it gives a message of 'Timeout: No Response from... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagdish.machhi@
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

snmpget in a perl programme

Hi Guyz can u tell me how to write a programme in perl using snmpget. Regards' Harrr (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harikrishna
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

snmpget/snmpwalk for dskPercent not working.

snmpwalk -v1 -c myname {ip address} dskPercent. Error in packet Reason: (noSuchName) There is no such variable name in this MIB. Failed object: UCD-SNMP-MIB::dskPercentNode snmpget -v1 -c myname {ip address} dskPercent.1 Error in packet Reason: (noSuchName) There is no such variable... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ynilesh
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Net-SNMP v5.4 - sub-id not found in log, but can query with snmpget and snmpwalk

Hi everyone, I'm configuring Net-SNMP v5.4 on Solaris 10, sending traps to OpenNMS 1.2.9-0.20061212.0. I'm setting up disk monitoring (% of space free) for 5 directories. Here's what I'm working with: (snmpd.conf - disk and monitoring portions) # # Disk Usage monitoring: # disk / 20%... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mariognarly
0 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

snmpget not working on AIX shared wpar

Hi, I have a shared AIX wpar configured. I have started snmpd process on shared AIX wpar. But when i tried to query a MIB id using the following command /opt/OV/bin/snmpget -d -v 1 -c public -p <hostname> .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.7.0 i get the following error message #... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: avazeer
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

snmpget

Good morning All, I'm just wondering if I can get help with writing a simple script that check for Community names and make a comparison to the new community name given. Thanks T (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lemseffert
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to write a script to reformat a file in unix but not familiar with unix

unix script must do the fiollowing open a file containing comma delimited records > each record contains 10 fields > removes the 2nd field and use that same field containing fields 2 to 10 the original record after fprocessing should containing fields 1 and 3 a new erecord must be... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dwightja
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP from windows to unix server using unix shell script

Hi, Is it possible to ftp a huge zip file from windows to unix server using unix shell scripting? If so what command i need to use. thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shri123
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i run sql queries from UNIX shell script and retrieve data into text docs of UNIX?

Please share the doc asap as very urgently required. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 24ajay
1 Replies
SCRIPT-EMAIL(8) 					  System Administration Commands					   SCRIPT-EMAIL(8)

NAME
script-email - Amanda script to send email notifications DESCRIPTION
script-email is an Amanda script implementing the Script API. It should not be run by users directly. It sends a notification email to the addresses specified in the MAILTO property. PROPERTIES
This section lists the properties that control script-email's functionality. See amanda-scripts(7) for information on the Script API, script configuration. MAILTO List of email addresses that will receive an email on command execution. It is a multi-valued property: property "MAILTO" "amanda@domain.com" "sysadmin@domain.com" "amandauser@domain.com" EXAMPLE
In this example, script-email is scheduled to be run before the DLE, on the server. The unqualified email address amanda will be passed to the email system unchanged. The script is then attached to a dumptype, which can then be specified for any DLEs which require notification. define script-tool pre-email { comment "email me before this DLE is backed up" plugin "script-email" execute-on pre-dle-backup execute-where server property "mailto" "amanda" } define dumptype user-tar-email { user-tar script "pre-email" } SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amanda.conf(5), amanda-client.conf(5), amanda-scripts(7) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHORS
Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Dustin J. Mitchell <dustin@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Amanda 3.3.3 01/10/2013 SCRIPT-EMAIL(8)