Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to direct-connect two UNIX boxes Post 302128013 by agcodba on Friday 20th of July 2007 04:24:32 PM
Old 07-20-2007
How to direct-connect two UNIX boxes

Hello,

I have a V880 and a 420 running Solaris 9. Each box has more than one NIC card. I'd like to know how to configure the network on the two boxes so that I can directly connect the NIC cards. Meaning, I don't want a switch or router between the two. I just want to run a CAT5 cable to each NIC card then use the Class A 192.x.x.x on both machines for network communications between the two.

Thanks for your help,

Rob

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

text boxes, radio buttons , check boxes in c++ on unix

Hi ! Please tell me how to get radio buttons, text boxes , check boxes , option buttons , pull down menus in C++ on Unix. I think it would be done using curses.h ..but that's all i know. TIA, Devyani. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: devy8
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dowe have other tools like Putty to connect UNIX boxes

New to UNIX, do we have only putty to work with UNIX boxes remotely ?????? any other tools.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nivaspIND
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem using connect direct

Hi, I have a script in which i'm using ndm connect direct to fetch data from the client server..syntax i'm using is ./con_using_connectdirect /load/nctrl nctrl $xhost where con_using_connectdirect is the script which establishes connection load/nctrl is the path from where data... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sheema
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Connect direct configuration on Solaris

Hi, I am configuring Connect direct on Solaries 6.0, but whenever i am giving the below command cdpmgr -i /export/app/cdunix/ndm/cfg/khello/initparm.cfg i am getting the message Component <cdpmgr ndmcmgr ndmsmgr ndmumgr cdstatm> permissions are not set. Please follow instructions in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidd
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

IBM Connect:Direct Error

Hi to all, I've installed IBM Connect:Direct 4.1.00 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.5, but when I try to execute the "direct cli", I obtain the following error: $ ./direct *********************************************************** * ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: f.vietti
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect:Direct

Hello all, I have a requirement to transfer files to mainframe usinf NDM connect:direct. So can anybody provide me a sample shell script on how to call a connect;direct script by providing filename as a parameter please? Thanks, Ajay (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaykumar4534
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect Direct for copying files from Mainframes to UNIX

Hai Friends, Please help me in providing unix shell script for pulling data from mainframe dataset to unix using connect direct (NDM). Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthikm
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect direct script for unix

I want to connect direct a xml file and a excel file each separately from unix system to another unix system.The size of the xml file and excel file may vary each time. Below is the possible connect direct script to transfer the files.Please check if it is correct? Also does DCB parameter... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bk_12345
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

Linux to Connect direct transfer

I am transfering a file using connect direct from Linux to Mainframe. Its a point to point transfer but its failing with below error: **** Error from CONNECT:Direct API - ndmapi_recvresp_c error Can we do PTP transfers? code tags for code, please. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gerryperillo
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connect direct - SFTP - List of servers that I can connect

Greetings Experts, I am working for a bank client and have a question on connect-direct and SFTP. We are using Linux RedHat servers. We use connect-direct to transfer (NDM) files from one server to another server. At times, we manually transfer the files using SFTP from one server to another... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
2 Replies
AN(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						     AN(4)

NAME
an -- Aironet 4500/4800 and Cisco 340/350 series wireless network driver SYNOPSIS
an* at pcmcia? function ? an* at pci? dev ? function ? an* at isapnp? DESCRIPTION
The an driver provides support for Aironet Communications 4500/4800 and Cisco Aironet 340/350 series wireless network adapters. This includes the ISA, PCI and PCMCIA varieties. The 4500 series adapters operate at 1 and 2Mbps while the 4800 series and 340/350 series can operate at 1, 2, 5.5 and 11Mbps. The ISA, PCI and PCMCIA devices are all based on the same core PCMCIA modules and all have the same pro- gramming interface, however unlike the Lucent WaveLAN/IEEE cards, the ISA and PCI cards appear to the host as normal ISA and PCI devices and do not require any PCMCIA support. The PCMCIA Aironet cards require PCMCIA support. ISA cards can either be configured to use ISA Plug and Play or to use a particular I/O address and IRQ by properly setting the DIP switches on the board. (The default switch setting is for plug and play.) The an driver has Plug and Play support and will work in either configuration, however when using a hard-wired I/O address and IRQ, the driver configuration and the NIC's switch settings must agree. PCI cards require no switch settings of any kind and will be automatically probed and attached. All host/device interaction with the Aironet cards is via programmed I/O. The Aironet devices support 802.11 and 802.3 frames, power manage- ment, BSS (infrastructure) and IBSS (ad-hoc) operation modes. The an driver encapsulates all IP and ARP traffic as 802.11 frames, however it can receive either 802.11 or 802.3 frames. Transmit speed is selectable between 1Mbps, 2Mbps, 5.5Mbps, 11Mbps, or ``auto'' (the NIC automat- ically chooses the best speed). By default, the an driver configures the Aironet card to join an access point with an SSID of null string. For ad-hoc mode, in which sta- tions can communicate among each other without the aid of an access point, the driver must be set using ifconfig(8). For more information on configuring this device, see ifconfig(8) and ifmedia(4). HARDWARE
Cards supported by the an driver include: Aironet 4500 Series Aironet 4800 Series Cisco Aironet 340 Series Cisco Aironet 350 Series DIAGNOSTICS
an%d: init failed The Aironet card failed to come ready after an initialization command was issued. an%d: failed to allocate %d bytes on NIC The driver was unable to allocate memory for transmit frames in the NIC's on-board RAM. an%d: device timeout The Aironet card failed to generate an interrupt to acknowledge a transmit command. SEE ALSO
arp(4), ifmedia(4), netintro(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The an device driver first appeared in FreeBSD 4.0, and then in NetBSD 1.6. AUTHORS
The an driver was written by Bill Paul <wpaul@ee.columbia.edu>. BSD
December 13, 2000 BSD