Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Where we can get the logs for a command execution successfully? Post 302126067 by susinthaa on Tuesday 10th of July 2007 12:35:45 AM
Old 07-10-2007
Thanks.We can check the command execution only by using $?...Is it so?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

command execution ??

hi i have small shell script as follows cd /utilities/promoter/tmp grep SENDREPLY $1 | grep 'zzzzz@zzz.com' | awk -F" -f1 > /tmp/$LOGNAME/$1.request cd /tmp/$LOGNAME grep -e "\.sql" -e "\.md" $1.request > upd_$1.txt grep -v -e "\.sql" -e "\.md" $1.request > copy_$1.txt ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zedex
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command logs

Is there a place were the system stores logs of command's? like does it log whatever changes I made? I'm using a Centos 5.x box Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcraul
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Code for execution command by command

a) cd /root/user/dir/sd/disk ./runInstaller -silent -responseFile b) cd /root1/user1 cp /root/user/dir/sd/disk/ram.txt now a) executes and starts running but b) interupts a) and is executed while a) is running on the other hand so I want b) to start only after successfull completion of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriki32
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

System Command dies even when command gets executed successfully

Hi I have created a perl script & running it using Linux machine. I want my script to die when system command is unsuccessful but script is dying even when system command gets executed successfully. :wall: I am using the command below :- system($cmd) || die "FAILED $!"; print "Hello"; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priyanka Gupta
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run command on each and every logs of dir

HI i have below command and i want to run it on each logs of each and every Dir. /home/Laco/Al I have sub dir in this folder /home/Laco/Al/04092012/LP/X/*.logs /home/Laco/Al/04092012/LP/Y/*.logs /home/Laco/Al/04092012/LP/Z/*.logs /home/Laco/Al/04092012/LP/P/*.logs I want to run... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

Collecting logs by running command

Hi, i am a general user of linux but we work mostly on windows next i am moving full time on linux. here is my question: We have product which consist or several subsystem each subsystem has one module to create logs file dump. and i am going to write that support dump tool. we need to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayyadavmca
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to terminate command execution when string found in the command output

Hi Experts, I am very much new to linux scripting, I am currently working on reducing my manual work and hence writing a script to automate few task. I am running below command to snmpwalk the router.. snmpwalk -v 3 -u WANDL_SU -a MD5 -A vfipmpls -x DES -X VfIpMpLs -l authPriv... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hanumant.madane
19 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple command execution inside awk command during xml parsing

below is the output xml string from some other command and i will be parsing it using awk cat /tmp/alerts.xml <Alert id="10102" name="APP-DS-ds_ha-140018-componentFailure-S" alertDefinitionId="13982" resourceId="11427" ctime="1359453507621" fixed="false" reason="If Event/Log Level(ANY) and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

Mailx command running successfully but no mails received.

Hi, I am working on a HP-UX box. Mailx command running successfully but no mails received. Here is what I am doing rocfm@comhp73 - mailx -s "subject" abc@gmail.com < abc.txt Null message body; hope that's ok rocfm@comhp73 - echo $? 0 rocfm@comhp73 - echo "something" | mailx -v -s... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sunayna
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to echo command successful if command is executed successfully

Hello, I have written a command n shell script : srvctl relocate service -d t1 -s s1 -i i1 -t t1 -f If the above command executes successfully without error I need to echo "Service relocated successfully and If it errors out I need to trap the errors in a file and also need to make... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
1 Replies
qstart(8B)								PBS								qstart(8B)

NAME
qstart - start pbs batch job processing at a destination SYNOPSIS
qstart destination ... DESCRIPTION
The qstart command directs that a destination should process batch jobs. If the destination is an execution queue, the server will begin to schedule jobs that reside in the queue for execution. If the destination is a routing queue, the server will begin to route jobs from that queue. In order to execute qstart, the user must have PBS Operation or Manager privilege. OPERANDS
The qstart command accepts one or more destination operands. The operands are one of three forms: queue @server queue@server If queue is specified, the request is to start that queue at the default server. If the @server form is given, the request is to start all queues at that server. If a full destination identifier, queue@server, is given, the request is to start the named queue at the named server. STANDARD ERROR
The qstart command will write a diagnostic message to standard error for each error occurrence. EXIT STATUS
Upon successful processing of all the operands presented to the qstart command, the exit status will be a value of zero. If the qstart command fails to process any operand, the command exits with a value greater than zero. SEE ALSO
pbs_server(8B), qstop(8B), and qmgr(1B) Local qstart(8B)