Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Tokenising into array (KSH)
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Tokenising into array (KSH) Post 302123447 by radoulov on Monday 25th of June 2007 06:17:18 PM
Old 06-25-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockysfr
[...]
I need to extract the names of all directories within a specified directory, grab their names and then place each name as an entry in an array
[...]
Code:
set -- */

$1, $2 ...$n are the elements.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

using array in ksh

hi all, need help with putting names in an array, i have a few servers which i look up by doing a 'find . -name "*.pid' and the format of the output is like following : ./servername/myserver.pid i was wondering how can i iterate through and store each name in one array my code is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass ksh array to oracle

Hi all.. Does anyone know have an example of passing the contents of a ksharray to oracle? basically I am looking to loop through the contents of a file and store each line into a bash ksh. Once i have this I can then pass the array into an oracle procedure that accepts an array as an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kiranlalka
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ksh array solution.

I was wondering if ksh supported arrays. I have a script that may work with several hosts. I'd like a means of knowing how many hosts I'm working with and an easy way to access them (as variables) in a loop. I'm assuming there's some kind of foreach in shell scripting. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrwatkin
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Array copy in ksh

Hi all, Following code in ksh is giving error: fileLimit=5 func(){ dir="$1" format="$2" array="$3" i=0 ls -lrt $format | tail -${fileLimit} | while read f_det; do files="${f_det}," ((i+=1)) done eval $(echo set -A $array '"${files}"') } func "." "*.pl" "a" echo... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: PRKS
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extraction & tokenising

I have a txt file with entries like follows: absdb;ghasgs:agshasgh;asgag:asfhasfh 123;gjasg 563;tusts:gjsqg absdb;ghasgs:agshasgh;asgag:asfhasfh 123;gjasg 563;tusts:gjsqg absdb;ghasgs:agshasgh;asgag:asfhasfh 123;gjasg 563;tusts:gjsqg absdb;ghasgs:agshasgh;asgag:asfhasfh 123;gjasg... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with KSH Array assignment

The following command is only intermittently successful, depends on the data I give it: set -A ImageShifts_sorted `awk '/START_SECTION IMAGE_DEFINITION/ {getline;getline;getline;getline; print $2"-"$3}' temp.ASCII | sort -u` My Error: set: -1: unknown option Finally, If I run that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nerdcurious
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array in ksh with if-else

Hi All, My Requirement is as follows: 1. User will input Source Sytem Code as input. 2. I have source system codes as 11, 34, 56, 99, 45 etc. OS Version: SunOS 5.8 Generic_117350-62 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V890 My code is like... echo 'Source System Code: \c' read varSSCode... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saps19
3 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Array in Ksh

Hi Guys, My code is something like this set -A A1 1 7 13 19 set -A A2 2 8 14 20 set -A A3 3 9 15 21 echo "Enter a number" read number for i in 0 2 3 4 do if }" ] then do something elif }" ] then do something elif }" ] then do something (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeanzibbin
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] KSH: Array/If Help

RedHat 5 KSH I am creating an array, and then using case to go through and count for specific words. Then the count gets stored as an expression. string='ftp rcp rsh telnet ftp ftp' set -A myarray $string FTPCOUNT="0" for command in ${myarray} do case $command in ftp) FTPCOUNT=`expr... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitrobass24
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning * as value in a ksh array

I want to extract each and single character from a password string and put it in an array. I tried this : set -A password "echo $passwd | awk '{for (i=1; i<=length($1); i++) printf "%s ",substr($1,i,1)}'` It's working as long that the password string doesn't contains any * I tried a few... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ce9888
5 Replies
PHARDATA.EXTRACTTO(3)							 1						     PHARDATA.EXTRACTTO(3)

PharData::extractTo - Extract the contents of a tar/zip archive to a directory

SYNOPSIS
bool PharData::extractTo (string $pathto, [string|array $files], [bool $overwrite = false]) DESCRIPTION
Extract all files within a tar/zip archive to disk. Extracted files and directories preserve permissions as stored in the archive. The optional parameters allow optional control over which files are extracted, and whether existing files on disk can be overwritten. The sec- ond parameter files can be either the name of a file or directory to extract, or an array of names of files and directories to extract. By default, this method will not overwrite existing files, the third parameter can be set to true to enable overwriting of files. This method is similar to ZipArchive.extractTo(3). PARAMETERS
o $pathto - Path to extract the given files to o $files - The name of a file or directory to extract, or an array of files/directories to extract o $overwrite - Set to TRUE to enable overwriting existing files RETURN VALUES
returns TRUE on success, but it is better to check for thrown exception, and assume success if none is thrown. ERRORS
/EXCEPTIONS Throws PharException if errors occur while flushing changes to disk. EXAMPLES
Example #1 A PharData.extractTo(3) example <?php try { $phar = new PharData('myphar.tar'); $phar->extractTo('/full/path'); // extract all files $phar->extractTo('/another/path', 'file.txt'); // extract only file.txt $phar->extractTo('/this/path', array('file1.txt', 'file2.txt')); // extract 2 files only $phar->extractTo('/third/path', null, true); // extract all files, and overwrite } catch (Exception $e) { // handle errors } ?> SEE ALSO
Phar.extractTo(3). PHP Documentation Group PHARDATA.EXTRACTTO(3)