Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How to recognize that the server is currently unavailable? Post 302109979 by munna_dude on Friday 9th of March 2007 08:46:55 AM
Old 03-09-2007
How to recognize that the server is currently unavailable?

hi all

How to recognize that the server is currently unavailable?
by programatically.give some example.

am using fedora5 AMD

cheers

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Device PS1 AC UNAVAILABLE

Hi im getting this error on my solaris server. sscprvmds001 picld: Device PS1 AC UNAVAILABLE Does anyone know what this means (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dennisca
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Unix file temporarily unavailable

Morning, I logged on to my webserver today and checked /var/adm/messages. I just happen to run across this message: Sep 3 13:15:21 web1 nfs: file temporarily unavailable on the ser ver, retrying... Is there a problem with nfs? Are the files locked? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr. phreeze
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Fork:resource unavailable

Hello. I have code which create processes with fork(). I set a limit for processes by typing ulimit -u 20. Then I run my code who should create 100 processes. Unfortunately, I have a mistake there and I forgot to quit all of my forked processes when fork gave me return value -1. So I am trapped in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: samos
5 Replies

4. BSD

Network unavailable after start up

There is a FreeBSD machine which normally has a network connection, but after a recent start up no longer has such a connection. All other computers on the same router do have an active network. Where do I start looking to troubleshoot this? Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete unavailable soft link

Hi guys, Good day to all. I have a question that how to remove all unavialable soft link in one folder? Because I moved orginal (source) folder and the soft links which I created have been not available at all. And then how do I remove the soft links in one time? Any idea? Thanks &... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: heefan
3 Replies

6. AIX

VIOS IVM unavailable - how do I restart it?

Hi everyone, Sorry if this post is in the wrong place. I searched the forums for "IVM" and it turned up no results. Hopefully someone knows about this. My dilemma is that I have multiple IBM JS12 Express blades in our blade center, each running VIOS 2.1.0.10-FP-20.1 and hosting a couple LPARs. Out... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: need2bageek
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

fork: Resource temporarily unavailable , server unexpectedly unavailable network connection

Solaris 10 Server refuse to connect :wall: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable , server unexpectedly unavailable network connection , refuse error, disconnect message, fatal error type2, (protocol error type2) Issue has been resolved after taken few steps :b: First of all need to check... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: taherahmed
1 Replies

8. AIX

Tape device temporarily unavailable

Hi All, After (by accident) closing a session that ran a restore command I can not access the tape drive anymore. I get the following error: # tctl -f /dev/rmt0 rewind /dev/rmt0: Resource temporarily unavailable But I cannot find any processes associated with the tape device: # ps... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: petervg
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bc: File is unavailable

Hello, Unix-Forum! Yet another problem: var=1.5 bc $var + 3.2 results in File 1.5 is unavailable So I must be doing something wrong but I don't know what. intelinside (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: intelinside
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fork: Resource temporarily unavailable

Hi friends, Working on a linux X86-64 bit system, I suddenly started getting this error (mentioned in subject) from various scripts. I googled, found that there are couple of reason which causes this issue. - less memory I am pretty sure, memory seems to be stable on my system and at the... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: clx
15 Replies
AMDPM(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						  AMDPM(4)

NAME
amdpm -- AMD 756/766/768/8111 Power Management controller driver SYNOPSIS
device smbus device smb device amdpm DESCRIPTION
This driver provides access to AMD 756/766/768/8111 Power management controllers. Currently, only the SMBus 1.0 controller function is implemented. The SMBus 2.0 functionality of the AMD 8111 controller is supported via the amdsmb(4) driver. The embedded SMBus controller of the AMD 756 chipset may give you access to the monitoring facilities of your mainboard. See smb(4) for writing user code to fetch voltages, temperature and so on from the monitoring chip of your mainboard. SEE ALSO
amdsmb(4), smb(4), smbus(4) HISTORY
The amdpm driver first appeared in FreeBSD 4.5. AUTHORS
This driver was written by Matthew C. Forman. Based heavily on the alpm driver by Nicolas Souchu. This manual page was written by Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.org>. BUGS
Only polling mode is supported. BSD
December 31, 2005 BSD