Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users GSM Modem (Wavecom M1306B) on AIX 5.3 Post 302103032 by darontan on Tuesday 16th of January 2007 04:00:17 AM
Old 01-16-2007
Hi,

The problem solved,
I think it's because of the machine's driver problem
When i change to another AIX machine,
Connection success
Anyhow, will further investigate if it's really because of physical machine problem

Regard

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

J need help to make callback by Modem (AIX)

Are there any of you who have a description which can help me to make a callback on AIX. My userīs call in by a telefonnumber at I want AIX to disconnect the line and make a callback to the user who had logged on AIX. The advantage of this is we have security on who we allow to call our... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Carsten Lesmark
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modem problem: "Sorry, modem is busy"

Hi! I have a little prob with dialing up to the internet... When I try connect, it says "Sorry, modem is busy"... Specs: Laptop 56K modem Slackware 8.0 Kernel 2.4.5 Cheers;) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: satan404
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modem - Test /dev/modem

Ok. I tried following the directions from some of the other threads, but I've hit a road block. I have red hat 7.3 and I installed the hcf package: hcfpcimodem-0.99lnxtbeta03042700k2.4.18_3-1rh.i386.rpm It installed ok, no errors, but I still can't get linux to find my modem. I've tried... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawadm1
2 Replies

4. AIX

GSM Modem (Wavecom M1306B) on AIX 5.3

Hi, I'm developing a Java Application which is able send out SMS Right now, this application needs to be deployed into AIX 5.3 Previously I was using RXTX Serial Comm for Sun Solaris, RH Linux and Win2k When it comes to AIX, I'd discovered not much info can be found in the web Anyhow,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: darontan
2 Replies

5. Programming

problem in coding for GSM interfacing using serial port

i am having some coding problem in c for interfacing the GSM module through serial port. i want to send/receive sms. i have done all the setting for the port and know the AT command to use in this but i am actually having problem in reading and writing from serial port how to handle the signal when... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: harsh_it
1 Replies

6. Programming

Elecrow GSM/GPRS/EDGE SIM5360E 3G Shield for Arduino

Normally I have very good experiences buying from AliExpress, but in this case with Elecrow, I'm disappointed. After confirming with Elecrow on AliExpress that their Elecrow GSM/GPRS/EDGE SIM5360E 3G Shield for Arduino would work with 3G SIM cards in Thailand, I purchased one. My plan was to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies
SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID-COMMIT.SERVICE(8)			 systemd-machine-id-commit.service		      SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID-COMMIT.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-machine-id-commit.service - Commit a transient machine ID to disk SYNOPSIS
systemd-machine-id-commit.service DESCRIPTION
systemd-machine-id-commit.service is an early boot service responsible for committing transient /etc/machine-id files to a writable disk file system. See machine-id(5) for more information about machine IDs. This service is started after local-fs.target in case /etc/machine-id is a mount point of its own (usually from a memory file system such as "tmpfs") and /etc is writable. The service will invoke systemd-machine-id-setup --commit, which writes the current transient machine ID to disk and unmount the /etc/machine-id file in a race-free manner to ensure that file is always valid and accessible for other processes. See systemd-machine-id-setup(1) for details. The main use case of this service are systems where /etc/machine-id is read-only and initially not initialized. In this case, the system manager will generate a transient machine ID file on a memory file system, and mount it over /etc/machine-id, during the early boot phase. This service is then invoked in a later boot phase, as soon as /etc has been remounted writable and the ID may thus be committed to disk to make it permanent. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd-machine-id-setup(1), machine-id(5), systemd-firstboot(1) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID-COMMIT.SERVICE(8)