Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Log all connecting users
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Log all connecting users Post 302097823 by matrixmadhan on Tuesday 28th of November 2006 11:38:47 PM
Old 11-29-2006
just a pointer,

get the pids of daemons such as telnetd, sshd and other
accepting connections and granting ttys

periodically check for any child process of the parent pids extracted above.
From the child pid and ps info, can extract few information.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Log off idle users

How to set a timer for log out users that have been idle for a long time? It is a AIX 5L (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wtofu
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

log users real time

hi.... how i can configurator a log file on real time....on unix solaris.... thanks a lot.... Best Regards... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chanfle
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

??? Log file users login and logout..???

hi all... only one question.... what is the file...where show me records login and logout of the unix user's..?? thank you.... I waiting for response... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chanfle
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to log what users are doing??

Guys i am new in forum and come to ask some help in this. What i want is to log what users are doing. Someone told me to make a script and get the history commands of all users and storage this in a DB. but the problem in this is, i want to log all things. Why this? why my 2 machines is only a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amgrim
4 Replies

5. Solaris

RCP users log?

Hello, I'm scurying a server and I'm trying to control what users are using rcp to copy files right now. I've tried to find in last, but it doesn't log there, searched in Sun documentation, so I cannot anywhere telling were rcp stores a log with the users logins. Do you know if is there one and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nefeli
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need A Script To List All Failed Log In Users

I need to list all the failed log in users as part of audit report. How can I do so in Linux to find all the audit log records and then upload to a table for future reference. I am using oracle 10g on Linux. Hope I will get a quick response from the experts. Thanks in advance for the tips. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: oraQ
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring a users log in time?

how do i start with this guys? Sample run: $ LOGTIME it2015678 <enter> User it2015678 is CRUZ Tommy H And has logged on to the system for: 8 hours 12 minutes from the time this script was run. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skypigeon
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log to find users who accessed server before

Hi, please provide the steps/commands to find out the user id list who accessed server before i logon same server. Thank you very much ffor all your support. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sridhardwh
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Specified log in time for users

I have this task : Check the logintime.txt every minute to only allow user to log in at the specified time. logintime.txt has the following content: USER TIME_START TIME_STOP Example: john 17:00 18:00 My idea is locking the user at the TIME_STOP and unlocking at the TIME_START while... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muffle
4 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Users Access - AD Authentication - User can't log in?

I have a user who's having troubles logging into one of my servers, that is authenticating with AD. After glancing over /etc/passwd, I found the users account is different than mine and others who aren't having any issues. What's the difference between these two accounts? What's the "1 60 14 60" ?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nvizn
1 Replies
ptree(1)																  ptree(1)

NAME
ptree - print process trees SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/ptree [-a] [-c] [-z zone] [pid | user] ... ptree prints the process trees containing the specified pids or users, with child processes indented from their respective parent pro- cesses. An argument of all digits is taken to be a process-id, otherwise it is assumed to be a user login name. The default is all pro- cesses. The following options are supported: -a All. Print all processes, including children of process 0. -c Contracts. Print process contract memberships in addition to parent-child relationships. See process(4). This option implies the -a option. -z zone Zones. Print only processes in the specified zone. Each zone ID can be specified as either a zone name or a numerical zone ID. This option is only useful when executed in the global zone. The following operands are supported: pid Process-id or a list of process-ids. ptree also accepts /proc/nnn as a process-id, so the shell expansion /proc/* can be used to specify all processes in the system. user Username or list of usernames. Processes whose effective user IDs match those given are displayed. Example 1: Using ptree The following example prints the process tree (including children of process 0) for processes which match the command name ssh: $ ptree -a `pgrep ssh` 1 /sbin/init 100909 /usr/lib/ssh/sshd 569150 /usr/lib/ssh/sshd 569157 /usr/lib/ssh/sshd 569159 -ksh 569171 bash 569173 /bin/ksh 569193 bash The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful operation. non-zero An error has occurred. /proc/* process files See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |See below. | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ The human readable output is Unstable. The options are Evolving. gcore(1), ldd(1), pargs(1), pgrep(1), pkill(1), plimit(1), pmap(1), preap(1), proc(1), ps(1), ppgsz(1), pwd(1), rlogin(1), time(1), truss(1), wait(1), fcntl(2), fstat(2), setuid(2), dlopen(3C), signal.h(3HEAD), core(4), proc(4), process(4), attributes(5), zones(5) 11 Oct 2005 ptree(1)