Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: network set up question
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers network set up question Post 302096712 by blowtorch on Friday 17th of November 2006 10:08:20 AM
Old 11-17-2006
What OS and version? Different systems have different ways of doing this.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network question

Hey, Just need a little help I'm not sure wat I should do. We have several little networks setup for testing different things. One of these networks we need to have running at full dulpex. Right now we run 2 hubs (to go off to 2 differnt parts) and they are half dulpex hubs. Is is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: merlin
1 Replies

2. Solaris

network config problem - how to set the server for others to ssh without password

Hi, I want to ssh the linux server without inputting the password, how can I config this server? Thanks in advance! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GCTEII
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

1st install Suse, network config set up

Hello, I'm a newbie to unix. I just about have the Suse 10.1 installed. During set up it automatically detected components to access the internet. But failed. I lost now. Any ideas? Thank You (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nick7269
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

network question

Hi here is my question; any help would be appreciated The Linux system pokey has two Ethernet cards. The first Ethernet card is connected to a companywide TCP/IP network covering the addresses 87.65.43.xx, where pokey's address is 87.65.43.21. The second Ethernet interface is connected to a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scofiled83
2 Replies

5. IP Networking

Network question

Folks; I have 2 SUSE servers similar in all configuration & both on the same network (192.168.151.10 & 192.168.151.11) with the same default gateway of 192.168.151.1 and the same netmask of 255.255.255.0 and the same firewall configuration the first one works fine and i can ssh to it & i can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to set server's ip address, router, network mask and set if it is an internal or external ip?

Hello, I need to write a program which sets server's ip address, router, network mask. Program also should set if it is an internal or external ip. Maybe someone can help me ? Any information from u is very useful :b: I stopped at .. :( #!/bin/sh A=`hostname -i` echo "server ip address is $A"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zagaruika
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: connect to network devices, run set of commands

I am trying to write a script for my own use that will allow me to connect to network devices, then run a set of commands. I start with a list of ips in a text file. Each ip is on its own line. I start with a second file of commands. Each command on one line. for illustration .. the cmd.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
2 Replies

8. SCO

Set NIC correctly , but the network does not work

I'm trying to virtualize an instance of SCO Open Server 5.0.2c in VirtualBox (called VM- A) , I can not configure the network (NIC). The NIC I'm using is PCnet -FAST III (Am79C973 ) (this NIC works with VirtualBox + SCO 5.0.5M) When I add from ' Add new LAN adapter' I detects the NIC... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: flako
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to set static routes for packets, within the same Network?

I have three systems A,B,C. I want to configure A in such a way that all packets from A to C goes via B. I tried: 1. ip route add 'ip of C' via 'ip of B' 2. route add -net 'net address' netmask gw 'ip of B' These commands work initially when I try a ping or traceroute and expire after... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanak
2 Replies
GETTABLE(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       GETTABLE(8)

NAME
gettable - get NIC format host tables from a host SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/gettable [ -v ] host [ outfile ] DESCRIPTION
Gettable is a simple program used to obtain the NIC standard host tables from a ``nicname'' server. The indicated host is queried for the tables. The tables, if retrieved, are placed in the file outfile or by default, hosts.txt. The -v option will get just the version number instead of the complete host table and put the output in the file outfile or by default, hosts.ver. Gettable operates by opening a TCP connection to the port indicated in the service specification for ``nicname''. A request is then made for ``ALL'' names and the resultant information is placed in the output file. Gettable is best used in conjunction with the htable(8) program which converts the NIC standard file format to that used by the network library lookup routines. SEE ALSO
intro(3N), htable(8), named(8) BUGS
If the name-domain system provided network name mapping well as host name mapping, gettable would no longer be needed. 4.2 Berkeley Distribution November 17, 1996 GETTABLE(8)