Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to use another server's CD Post 302096166 by FredSmith on Tuesday 14th of November 2006 08:22:14 AM
Old 11-14-2006
How to use another server's CD

I have a Sun server with a broken CD drive. I have a 2nd Sun server next to it.

How can I make ServerA "mount" ServerB's CDrom?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

preserving the timestamp of a file when copied from remote server to local server using ftp

Hi, I need to copy few files from remote server to local server. I write a shell script to connect to the remote server using ftp and go to that path. Now i need to copy those files in the remote directory to my local server with the timestamp of all those files shouldnt be changed. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumarmc
5 Replies

2. Red Hat

when users ftp to server the timezone reflected is UTC but the server is set to TZ in localtime

Guys, Need your help coz my server runs in local time GMT +8, but when client use ftp and login, the resulting timestamp seen in each file is in UTC format. We need to set that the time should be the same as GMT +8 when in ftp session. I am using RHEL 5.3. root@]# ll total 1740... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shtobias
2 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Office server => laptop =>client server ...a lengthy and laborious ftp procedure

Hi All, I need your expertise in finding a way to solve my problem.Please excuse if this is not the right forum to ask this question and guide me to the correct forum,if possible. I am a DBA and on a daily basis i have to ftp huge dump files from my company server to my laptop and then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kunwar
3 Replies

4. Programming

Problem with Perl script after moving from a Windows/Apache Server to a UNIX server.

I have a Perl script that worked fine before moving it to justhost.com. It was on a Windows/Apache server. Just host is using UNIX. Other Perl scripts on other sites that were also moved work fine so I know Perl is functioning. The script is called cwrmail.pl and is located in my cgi-bin. When I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: BigBobbyB
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Access of Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) repository from Unix Server

Hello, Some of our application team uses Microsoft Team Foundation server (TFS) reposity tool for their .NET projects , I would like to access it form Unix/Linux machine. Please let me know how can access the TFS from unix. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: posix
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH fetching files from server A onto server B and putting on server C

Dear Friends, Sorry for this basic request. But I just started learning Ksh recently and still I am a newbie in this field. Q: I have files on one server and the date format is 20121001000009_224625.in which has year (yyyy) month (mm) and date (dd). I have these files on server A. The task... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrownBob
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to server-1 from server-2 and get a file from server-1

I need to connect to a ftp server-1 from linux server-2 and copy/get a file from server-1 which follows a name pattern of FILENAME* (located on the root directory) and copy on a directory on server-2. Later, I have to use this file for ETL loading... For this I tried using as below /usr/bin/ftp... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to copy a file from one server to anther server and execute the binary

Hi , Is there any script to copy a files (weblogic bianary + silent.xml ) from one server (linux) to another servers and then execute the copy file. We want to copy a file on multiple servers and run the installation. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nawrajesh
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transfer file from server B to server C and running the script on server A

I have 3 servers A, B, C and server B is having some files in /u01/soa/ directory, these files i want to copy to server C, and i want to run the script from server A. Script(Server A) --> Files at Server B (Source server) --> Copy the files to Server C(Target Server). We dont have RSA key... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran_j
4 Replies
scconf_quorum_dev_quorum_server(1M)			  System Administration Commands		       scconf_quorum_dev_quorum_server(1M)

NAME
scconf_quorum_dev_quorum_server - add, remove, and configure a quorum server type of quorum device. SYNOPSIS
scconf [-q quorum-options] DESCRIPTION
Note - Beginning with the Sun Cluster 3.2 release, Sun Cluster software includes an object-oriented command set. Although Sun Cluster software still supports the original command set, Sun Cluster procedural documentation uses only the object-oriented command set. For more infor- mation about the object-oriented command set, see the Intro(1CL) man page. Sun Cluster provides the option of configuring a quorum server as a quorum device. This configuration information consists of a device name that must be unique across quorum devices, the address of the host machine on which the quorum server is running, and the port number on which the quorum server is listening for requests. If your cluster requires multiple quorum devices, configure multiple quorum servers or use storage devices for the additional quorum devices. A quorum server can act as only one quorum device for a cluster. To configure the cluster to use a quorum server, the quorum server software must be installed, configured, and running on a machine that is accessible to all cluster nodes. The quorum server itself must be configured and running when this command is run on a cluster node. See clquorumserver(1M) for information about configuring the quorum server. OPTIONS
The following parameters are required for configuring a quorum server type of quorum device. See scconf(1M) for the list of supported generic options. Use the add and remove forms of the command to add shared quorum devices to and remove shared quorum devices from the configuration file. Use the change form of the command to change various cluster quorum configuration properties or states. The following quorum server spe- cific options can be used to change the cluster quorum configuration: Add a Quorum Server Type of Quorum Device Before adding a quorum device: o The quorum server must be running on the quorum server host machine. o You must enter the quorum server host name in the /etc/inet/hosts file. o You must set the netmask for the quorum server host. For information about the hosts file and netmask requirements, see the procedure on adding quorum server quorum devices in the Sun Cluster System Administration Guide. Once the quorum device is added, none of the parameters can be changed. # scconf -q -a name=devicename,type=quorum_server,qshost=qhost,port=portnumber name=devicename The name of a quorum server. This name must be unique among all quorum devices in the system. type=quorum_server Indicates the type of disk device group to create. For a quorum server type of quorum device, the value of this parameter must be quo- rum_server. qhost=qhost The hostname of the machine on the network that can be reached by all cluster nodes and that is running the quorum server. Depending on the IPv4 or IPv6 configuration of the host, this hostname must have an entry in the /etc/hosts file, the /etc/inet/ipnodes file, or both. port=portnumber The port on which the quorum server listens for requests. Note - If you need to change the port number of a quorum server while maintaining the same host name, remove the quorum device first, make your changes, then add the quorum device back. Change the Configuration Parameters of a Quorum Server Type Quorum Device # scconf -c -q name=devicename,maintstate | reset If other parameters such as qshost or port must be changed, add a new quorum device with the new parameters and remove the existing quorum device. Remove a Quorum Server Type of Quorum Device # scconf -q name=devicename When the scconf command is interrupted or fails while performing quorum-related operations, quorum configuration information can become inconsistent in the cluster configuration database. If this occurs, either run the same scconf command again or run the scconf command with the reset option to reset the quorum information. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Adding a Quorum Server Type of Quorum Device The following scconf command adds a quorum server quorum device with its port number configured as 9000. # scconf -q -a name=qd1,type=quorum_server,qshost=scclient1,port=9000 Example 2 Removing a Quorum Server Type of Quorum Device The following scconf command removes the quorum server quorum device named qd1. # scconf -r -q name=qd1 ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsczu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Intro(1CL), clquorum(1CL), clquorumserver(1CL), cluster(1CL), scconf(1M), gateways(4), hosts(4) Sun Cluster 3.2 18 Jul 2006 scconf_quorum_dev_quorum_server(1M)