Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem with File Conversion
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem with File Conversion Post 302087690 by mbketan on Tuesday 5th of September 2006 03:11:04 AM
Old 09-05-2006
setting 'bin on' helps sending compressed files also.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Conversion Problem

hi, i am reading a string values from a file.the values are 2000 20000 300 10 5000 now retrieving each value one by one and printing if they are greater than 1000. i use this statement for the same (in perl script) if ($_ gt 1000){ print $_ } but its now prininting all... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivekshankar
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Conversion problem with date field and formatting.

Hi, My input file contains the record(s) as below with space as FS. 01-01024180 35000 MV010 02/03/09 0306 03060226 03 02-00410330 470000 MV010 02/03/09 0301 03010276 03 1. I need to convert the field 02/03/09 (dd/mm/yy) to yyyymmdd yet retain the Field separator. Using the modified... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: talk2pawee
2 Replies

3. Programming

timestamp conversion problem.

Hi all. I have the following code: #include<stdio.h> #include<time.h> int main() { struct tm tm; time_t time = 1262322000; /*Jan, 01, 2010*/ char temp; int i = 0; while(i < 4) { memset(temp, 0, 128); localtime_r(&time,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adm1n
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Typeset conversion problem from ksh to bash

Hi, typeset -l sgf # all lowercase letters typeset -u SGF # all uppercase letters sgf=$1 SGF=$sgf these lines used in my scripts . It ran fine in ksh but when we convert this to bash it erroring out. I like to know what the use of typeset ?? Thanks & Regards kanagaraj (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanagaraj
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell or perl script needed for ldif file to text file conversion

This is the ldf file dn: sdcsmsisdn=1000000049,sdcsDatabase=subscriberCache,dc=example,dc=com objectClass: sdcsSubscriber objectClass: top postalCode: 29600 sdcsServiceLevel: 10 sdcsCustomerType: 14 givenName: Adelia sdcsBlackListAll: FALSE sdcsOwnerType: T-Mobile sn: Actionteam... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LinuxFriend
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conversion of below Tabs Tex file into CSV format file : shell script needed

Request if some one could provide me shell script that converts the below "input file" to "CSV format file" given Name Domain Contact Phone Email Location ----------------------- ------------------------------------------------ ------- ----- ---------------------------------... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreenath1037
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conversion of spaces Text file into CSV format file

Input file (each line is separaed by spaces )given below: Name Domain Contact Phone Email Location ----------------------- ------------------------------------------------ ------- -----... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreenath1037
18 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Characterset conversion problem using iconv command

Hi Friends, I am not able to conver character set from UTF-8 to IBM-284 throwing an error "cannot open convertor" . Could you please help me how to get out of this error. Below command is working fine iconv -f ISO8859-15 -t UTF-8 fromfile.txt > tofile.txt But the below command is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivakumarl
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

File conversion problem

To convert file epcdic to ascill format,i am using below code.Getting some junk characters in output file.not sure what the issue is.Please correct if below command is wrong. DD conv=ascii if=filename of =output_filename. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivalli
2 Replies

10. Linux

File conversion and removing special characters from a file in Linux

I have a .CSV file when I check for the special characters in the file using the command cat -vet filename.csv, i get very lengthy lines with "^@", "^I^@" and "^@^M" characters in between each alphabet in all of the records. Using the code below file filename.csv I get the output as I have a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
2 Replies
BZEXE(1)						      General Commands Manual							  BZEXE(1)

NAME
bzexe - compress executable files in place SYNOPSIS
bzexe [ name ... ] DESCRIPTION
The bzexe utility allows you to compress executables in place and have them automatically uncompress and execute when you run them (at a penalty in performance). For example if you execute ``bzexe /bin/cat'' it will create the following two files: -r-xr-xr-x 1 root bin 9644 Feb 11 11:16 /bin/cat -r-xr-xr-x 1 bin bin 24576 Nov 23 13:21 /bin/cat~ /bin/cat~ is the original file and /bin/cat is the self-uncompressing executable file. You can remove /bin/cat~ once you are sure that /bin/cat works properly. This utility is most useful on systems with very small disks. OPTIONS
-d Decompress the given executables instead of compressing them. SEE ALSO
bzip2(1), znew(1), zmore(1), zcmp(1), zforce(1) CAVEATS
The compressed executable is a shell script. This may create some security holes. In particular, the compressed executable relies on the PATH environment variable to find gzip and some other utilities (tail, chmod, ln, sleep). BUGS
bzexe attempts to retain the original file attributes on the compressed executable, but you may have to fix them manually in some cases, using chmod or chown. BZEXE(1)