Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: change 43% to 43.5
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting change 43% to 43.5 Post 302085798 by nortypig on Sunday 20th of August 2006 02:48:57 AM
Old 08-20-2006
Tools change 43.5% to 43.5

I have a column in % and I want to display it as a one decimal place number for sorting - what function would I be looking at for dropping the % sign?

Last edited by nortypig; 08-20-2006 at 04:15 AM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

How to change ip ?

hi , Is there anyway to change ip on sco5.04 i tried using netconfig on the prompt but gives me error . how do u manually change ip cant use acoadmin and netconfig .... thx art (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: art_malabanan
2 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Want to change my Name

Hello, Pls change my login name to Awadhesh instead of awadhesh if possible. it will be more better if it become Awadhesh Pandey. Thanks a lot. Awadhesh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Awadhesh
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

change wc -l

Hi, I would like realize a script that it can change " wc -l" with "wc -l | sed 's/ //g'", but my problem is that i can have a pipe ,a variable ( many variable different) or a file after wc -l ?how i could test this several case ? wc -l | cut -d' ' -f1` if wc -l ${F} | awk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: francis_tom
1 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

change

bh,lg.yu.,fgh,ry,.tyl,tyk,ty,ty,ty,. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankycool
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh; Change file permissions, update file, change permissions back?

Hi, I am creating a ksh script to search for a string of text inside files within a directory tree. Some of these file are going to be read/execute only. I know to use chmod to change the permissions of the file, but I want to preserve the original permissions after writing to the file. How can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the content of files but not change the date

I have 100 files in a directory , all the files have a word "error" and they are created in different date . Now I would like to change the word from "error" to "warning" , and keep the date of the files ( that means do not change the file creation date after change the word ) , can advise what can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the content of files but not change the date

I have 100 files in a directory , all the files have a word "error" and they are created in different date . Now I would like to change the word from "error" to "warning" , and keep the date of the files ( that means do not change the file creation date after change the word ) , can advise what can... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
7 Replies

8. SCO

How to change raid controller driver ? (hardware change)

Hello I'm trying to virtualize an instance of Sco Unix 5.0.5 in VirtualBox (called VM-A) , but sco I have problems set to launch with the new raid controller . The physical machine has a raid controller adaptec (alad driver) but VirtualBox uses buslogic (blc driver) What ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: flako
3 Replies
CAPNG_CHANGE_ID(3)						   Libcap-ng API						CAPNG_CHANGE_ID(3)

NAME
capng_change_id - change the credentials retaining capabilities SYNOPSIS
#include <cap-ng.h> int capng_change_id(int uid, int gid, capng_flags_t flag); DESCRIPTION
This function will change uid and gid to the ones given while retaining the capabilities previously specified in capng_update. It is not necessary and perhaps better if capng_apply has not been called prior to this function so that all necessary privileges are still intact. The caller is required to have CAP_SETPCAP capability still active before calling this function. This function also takes a flag parameter that helps to tailor the exact actions performed by the function to secure the environment. The option may be or'ed together. The legal values are: CAPNG_NO_FLAG Simply change uid and retain specified capabilities and that's all. CAPNG_DROP_SUPP_GRP After changing id, remove and supplement groups that may come with the account. CAPNG_CLEAR_BOUNDING After changing the uid and gid, clear the bounding set regardless to the internal representation already setup. RETURN VALUE
This returns 0 on success and a negative number on failure. -1 means capng has not been initted properly, -2 means a failure requesting to keep capabilities across the uid change, -3 means that applying the intermediate capabilities failed, -4 means changing gid failed, -5 means dropping supplemental groups failed, -6 means changing the uid failed, -7 means dropping the ability to retain caps across a uid change failed, -8 means clearing the bounding set failed, -9 means dropping CAP_SETPCAP failed. Note: the only safe action to do upon failure of this function is to probably exit. This is because you are likely in a situation with par- tial permissions and not what you intended. SEE ALSO
capng_update(3), capng_apply(3), prctl(2), capabilities(7) AUTHOR
Steve Grubb Red Hat June 2009 CAPNG_CHANGE_ID(3)