Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sendmail and message alert
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users sendmail and message alert Post 302074248 by abhijeetkul on Monday 22nd of May 2006 06:48:47 AM
Old 05-22-2006
MySQL sendmail and message alert

gurus,
i need to know 2 things,
first: how can i send mail over the internet in case of system failures/crash?
second: how can i receive SMS alert on my phone in case of failures?

do i need to start any service on my box?

thanks & regards
abhijeet

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sendmail message body buffer limit?

when sending the contents of a ascii file to the body of an email then sending it off. it seems sendmail is breaking up the lines with a "!" thus ruining the data. Has this ever happened to anyone? i am guessing there is a line buffer limit in either the mail command or in sendmail itself. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
3 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Sendmail keep a user from send message

Hello, i have a problem with my sendmail, i want' to keep a user from sending mail, how can i process ? My user is titi, and i don't want' that titi can't send mail via sendmail is it possible ? thnak a lot (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: westside
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sendmail alert msg- How to

Sorry for such a simple question, but being new cannot find any info.. I am trying to ftp a file and checking if the ftp was successful or not. Either way I want to send an e-mail to myself to left me know if good ftp or ftp was not sent. I have the code in the program to do this and am going... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: roncayenne
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Sendmail [279] [ID 702911 mail.alert] ERROR!!!

Why do I heep getting this error: I do have another domain name on the network "ciscolab.com" And it is a windows server. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: louisd11
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email alert doesnt contain any message

I have created a script which will monitor disk space in unix, it will send an email alert that will notify the specified receipients. I used echo in the mailx command but the email doesnt contain any message. I have used printf to store the message ($message2) and when tried to display on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lscanaleta
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

begin 644 in received message sent with sendmail

I send an attachment 123.pdf using the below script:- << script content >> #!/usr/bin/ksh /usr/lib/sendmail -C sendmail.cf abc@gmail.com << END Subject: HELLO `uuencode 123.pdf 123.pdf` END However, the message I got in gmail look like:- begin 644 123.pdf ... garbage ... ... many... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pok.fung
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sendmail[1234]: [ID 702911 mail.alert] dowork: sl_hrtob failed

When changing my server back as the mail server, I get the following error: sendmail12345]: dowork: sl_hrtob failed When looking at previous posts similar to my issue, none of them work. I do not have DNS and have ensured that the mail domain is correct. Can anyone else help out with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PuterGirl5
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sendmail error message

Hi i am having a probleme with my sendmail server. using it as a mta to send out email. keem on getting this error message back. ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- <XXX@XXXX.co.za> (reason: 554 Denied (Mode: normal)) ----- Transcript of session... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sakie
1 Replies
register_assert_handler(3alleg4)				  Allegro manual				  register_assert_handler(3alleg4)

NAME
register_assert_handler - Registers a custom handler for assert failures. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> void register_assert_handler(int (*handler)(const char *msg)); DESCRIPTION
Supplies a custom handler function for dealing with assert failures. Your callback will be passed a formatted error message in ASCII, and should return non-zero if it has processed the error, or zero to continue with the default actions. You could use this to ignore assert failures, or to display the error messages on a graphics mode screen without aborting the program. You can call this function even when Allegro has not been initialised. Example: int show_but_continue(const char *text) { alert("Uh oh...", "Fasten your seat belts.", text, "&Go on!", NULL, 'g', 0); return 1; } ... register_assert(show_but_continue); ASSERT(0); /* This won't crash the program now. */ SEE ALSO
al_assert(3alleg4), ASSERT(3alleg4), register_trace_handler(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 register_assert_handler(3alleg4)