Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: unix on a small drive?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers unix on a small drive? Post 23379 by silverraindog on Friday 21st of June 2002 04:39:13 PM
Old 06-21-2002
unix on a small drive?

has any body put freebsd on a drive smaller than 80megs?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

small unix!

i'm looking to put a very minimal unix on a 386 i just acquired. it needs to be downloadable and i need to install it using 3.5 floppies! thanks for suggestions, -nydel (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nydel
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tape Drive on Unix 7.1.1

I am trying to install a tape drive on this system (Unix 7.1.1) where will I start? 1. Do I need to load the driver on the on board scsi? How? 2. Is there a driver for the tape drive itself? Things done: 1. Terminated the device on the controller board. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: a4tech
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Wiping UNIX Hard Drive

Hello all, Maybe someone can help? Please?!?!? How do I wipe a UNIX hard drive, For dos I use Norton. Is there something like that for UNIX. I am just barley understanding UNIX, so please forgive my ignorance. Also, is there a government approved method of sanitization? Thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocky123
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Small UNIX problem

I have a shell script that carries out an extraction process as follows: For a given input file dummy which looks like the following: a.txt a 1 a 2 xnzbcnzbxcbzxncbmnzxbcmzx 546 456 45 5 6 56 a 3 b.txt b1 b2 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nbvcxzdz
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

RAM Drive in UNIX?

Hello, I will be processing 47000 zip files each of size 5.5 MB. Following operation will be performed for each zip file: 1. Unzip the file. 2. Read each text and binary file. 3. Preprocess the files. 4. Store the files in different tables in Oracle. 5. Delete the extracted... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: joshivaibhav
7 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

How to duplicate a drive in Unix?

I have a drive that I need to make a sector-by-sector or exact image copy of. In Windows, I use a program call Ghost by Symantec, but the version I have does not support Unix. Does anyone know of a good product for Unix? Thanks, Brett Gibson Gibson Teldata, Inc. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: bgibson
13 Replies

7. Programming

execution small C++ program in UNIX

Hi my friends I am beginner unix programmer I have written small c++ program in text editor and I have change it mode to 555 to make it executable file to use it in unix O.P. #include<iostream.h> main() { cout<<"Hello World"; } but some syntax erroe came for << can any one help... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bintaleb
5 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Need small help to write the code in unix

Hi all, I get data-files which has a particular identified on the 1st record( header ), based on which I've to load a constant for the 1st column of every row. How do I set in the control file using unix shell script. Appreciate if someone can give me some directions on this. Thanks in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lkeswar
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help to move .csv file from UNIX path to windows shared drive or c:\ drive

Hi Guys, Can any one help me on this. I need help to move .csv/.xls file from unix path to windows shared drive or c:\ drive? Regards, LKR (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lakshmanraok117
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Small database that can be bundled with UNIX

Hi All, I am working on a file transfer tool between unix servers. for this i am looking for a small database which is free and compatible with all unix OS and can be bundled in a package with other scripts. Any suggestions (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jcpratap
8 Replies
body(n) 							    [incr Tcl]								   body(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
body - change the body for a class method/proc SYNOPSIS
itcl::body className::function args body _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The body command is used outside of an [incr Tcl] class definition to define or redefine the body of a class method or proc. This facility allows a class definition to have separate "interface" and "implementation" parts. The "interface" part is a class command with declara- tions for methods, procs, instance variables and common variables. The "implementation" part is a series of body and configbody commands. If the "implementation" part is kept in a separate file, it can be sourced again and again as bugs are fixed, to support interactive devel- opment. When using the "tcl" mode in the emacs editor, the "interface" and "implementation" parts can be kept in the same file; as bugs are fixed, individual bodies can be highlighted and sent to the test application. The name "className::function" identifies the method/proc being changed. If an args list was specified when the function was defined in the class definition, the args list for the body command must match in mean- ing. Variable names can change, but the argument lists must have the same required arguments and the same default values for optional arguments. The special args argument acts as a wildcard when included in the args list in the class definition; it will match zero or more arguments of any type when the body is redefined. If the body string starts with "@", it is treated as the symbolic name for a C procedure. The args list has little meaning for the C pro- cedure, except to document the expected usage. (The C procedure is not guaranteed to use arguments in this manner.) If body does not start with "@", it is treated as a Tcl command script. When the function is invoked, command line arguments are matched against the args list, and local variables are created to represent each argument. This is the usual behavior for a Tcl-style proc. Symbolic names for C procedures are established by registering procedures via Itcl_RegisterC(). This is usually done in the Tcl_AppInit() procedure, which is automatically called when the interpreter starts up. In the following example, the procedure My_FooCmd() is registered with the symbolic name "foo". This procedure can be referenced in the body command as "@foo". int Tcl_AppInit(interp) Tcl_Interp *interp; /* Interpreter for application. */ { if (Itcl_Init(interp) == TCL_ERROR) { return TCL_ERROR; } if (Itcl_RegisterC(interp, "foo", My_FooCmd) != TCL_OK) { return TCL_ERROR; } } EXAMPLE
In the following example, a "File" class is defined to represent open files. The method bodies are included below the class definition via the body command. Note that the bodies of the constructor/destructor must be included in the class definition, but they can be redefined via the body command as well. itcl::class File { private variable fid "" constructor {name access} { set fid [open $name $access] } destructor { close $fid } method get {} method put {line} method eof {} } itcl::body File::get {} { return [gets $fid] } itcl::body File::put {line} { puts $fid $line } itcl::body File::eof {} { return [::eof $fid] } # # See the File class in action: # File x /etc/passwd "r" while {![x eof]} { puts "=> [x get]" } itcl::delete object x KEYWORDS
class, object, procedure itcl 3.0 body(n)