10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers
Dear team , thanks for your support. I am trying to not to duplicate a thread if one is already there for what I am looking, which I am not able to figure out. Is it OK if I post the post the following question in new thread.
--- What follows was in blue.. we are to avoid using colours as we want... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ar103081
2. Shell Programming and Scripting
Ultimately, I'm looking to create a script that allows me to plug in a usb drive with lots of jpegs on it & copy them over to a folder on my hard drive. So in the process of copying I am looking to hash check them, record dupes to a file, copy only 1 of the identical files (if it doesn't exsist... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JonaQuinn
3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
Can any one help me on this.
I need help to move .csv/.xls file from unix path to windows shared drive or c:\ drive?
LKR (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lakshmanraok117
4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I have a fixed width unix file with 2 columns containing the following data
01 CASH & CARRY
02 DRUGSTORE - RX
04 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chumsky
5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
One of our production systems has a slice called "oldslice" that periodically runs low on space during normal operation. We have minimum requirements for online data retention, and whoever sized this slice didn't give it much wiggle room, so it periodically runs low on space. I'm getting tired of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: the.gooch
6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I need to delete partial duplicate lines
I have this in a file
and need to leave it like this:
sihp8027,/opt/cf20,1980182... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: C|KiLLeR|S
7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users
I will be processing 47000 zip files each of size 5.5 MB.
Following operation will be performed for each zip file:
1. Unzip the file.
2. Read each text and binary file.
3. Preprocess the files.
4. Store the files in different tables in Oracle.
5. Delete the extracted... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: joshivaibhav
8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I don't know if this can be done, otherwise, my project will come to
a screeching halt.
I have a SCO 5.0.5 machine connected to the internet with a static
I need to be able to share a drive : /shareddrive
I need to map to it from a windows machine:
hence, what i'd like to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gseyforth
9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I am trying to install a tape drive on this system (Unix 7.1.1)
where will I start?
1. Do I need to load the driver on the on board scsi? How?
2. Is there a driver for the tape drive itself?
1. Terminated the device on the controller board. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: a4tech
10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
has any body put freebsd on a drive smaller than 80megs? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: silverraindog