Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: unix process control
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory unix process control Post 21406 by killerserv on Thursday 16th of May 2002 05:09:36 AM
Old 05-16-2002
Pls try to maintain your post in one thread.

https://www.unix.com/filesystems-disks-and-memory/6222-thank-you.html

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Reading a process control block

Hello, I want to know what call to use to read the details of a process control block in solaris ?:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hmurali
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

control the process

I found that in my system , there are some strange process , it will make the system crash so I would like to control the system no such process is running , this is if the system process that its process name is "ora" AND its ppid is not "2" , then it will crash the system, can suggest how to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

2 Questions about my process control script

Hi all, My tiny mind is struggling with the following script that shuts down Tomcat on Sol. 8 and kills any defunct processes Tomcat might leave behind (as it so often does). I realize that fixing Tomcat would be best, but this is a band-aid so I won't have to do as much off-hours support of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkaplowitz
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

init and process control

I'm trying to wrap my head around process control in Unix... particularly init and how it fits in to the equation. Init is responsible for creating sessions by spawning instances of getty which calls login effectively creating sessions right? Why then can init belong to a session? If you ps jx... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dexfantasy
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to control/overide shutdown/reboot process?

Dear all, I want to control my server from shutting down and rebooting. It will ask for some question before the process, ex: who are you? what is the reason for shutting down? ... I think I can overide that binary of shutdown/reboot command, but it is confused. We have many way to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fongthai
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Control process from different terminal (over SSH)

I pressed CTRL Z and suspended the job. then I pressed bg, The process re-started to throw output on the terminal and its not allowing me to access the prompt. its not even accepting CTRL Z. The process has been running for about 2 hours now and I want to suspend it by opening another terminal.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshou
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

job/process scheduling or control

Hi forum, I have a problem concerning job or process scheduling and control. I have to run 24 jobs (could be more sometimes less) of the same programme with different parameters. The machine this code is running on is an 8-core machine, so I was thinking that running all the processes at once... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: deiphon
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

can some one give me some link about process and job control commands

can some one give me some link about process and job control commands (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alokjyotibal
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

control timeout of sqlplus process

Hi, I'm using simple sqlplus to test DB availability. When DB is going down, sqlplus command is hang for a few minutes I want to implement the following: 1. execute sqlplus 2. if after 20 sec I dont get a response, kill the process and exit with error. 3. if I get immediate response... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gdan2000
2 Replies
URL(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    URL(4)

NAME
url -- Realtek RTL8150L USB Ethernet driver SYNOPSIS
url* at uhub? urlphy* at mii? DESCRIPTION
The url driver provides support for USB Ethernet adapters based on the Realtek RTL8150L USB-ether bridge chip. The url driver supports the following adapters: CompUSA USBKR100 GreenHouse GH-USB100B Melco Inc. LUA-KTX Sitecom LN013 For more information on configuring this device, see ifconfig(8). DIAGNOSTICS
url%d: watchdog timeout A packet was queued for transmission and a transmit command was issued, however the device failed to acknowledge the transmission before a timeout expired. url%d: no memory for rx list The driver failed to allocate an mbuf for the receiver ring. SEE ALSO
arp(4), mii(4), netintro(4), usb(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The url device driver first appeared in NetBSD 1.6. AUTHORS
The url driver was written by Shingo WATANABE <nabe@nabechan.org>. BSD
September 18, 2006 BSD