Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: I need help with lilo
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory I need help with lilo Post 18974 by aojmoj on Thursday 4th of April 2002 03:12:59 PM
Old 04-04-2002
MySQL Lilo

Thanks to all that help, I have both OS's working and couldn't of done it w/out the help that you gave

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Red Hat and LILO

Hi well ive got a slight prob with LILO, ive been trying to delete my linux partition and merge my entire hard drive back into one but when I do so LILO is still there, even after I erase the linux partition and I was pretty sure that it was on the boot record or something anyway, but all it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Drainy
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Lilo

Does anyone know what LILO stands for and what it exactly does during the boot process? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jensam
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Lilo

Guys, Any idea how to Install Lilo after Instal linux 7.2 ( 2.4.7 ). At first when i was installing Linux 7.2 i didnt install LILO because i have alllready installed Boot Magic from Power Quest (Having dual boot Windows2000 Server and Linux Red Hat7.2 ). I didnt install LILO because i was... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: killerserv
20 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Lilo

I have installed linux.. but it wont boot.. it says: "LI" and then my computer freezes.. it has worked before.. A couple of days ago, I tried to install OpenBSD.. I used the whole disk for it.. I think it's something with the MBR-settings I made in the OpenBSD installation.. How can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hamcha
1 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Lilo Boot

i hade and Win 2000 and and Linux 6.2 on a machine, the Lilo boot worked properly . . after i had changed the Partion size with Partion Magic in w2k and rebooted my computer hangs and just says "Li" in the upper left corner . . can some one plz explain to me where the problem is, can i get the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sajjan2
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux Lilo

i hade and Win 2000 and and Linux 6.2 on a machine, the Lilo boot worked properly . . after i had changed the Partion size with Partion Magic in w2k and rebooted my computer hangs and just says "Li" in the upper left corner . . can some one plz explain to me where the problem is, can i get the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sajjan2
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

LILO question again. Need help.

I know that this question has been asked here many times before, but after 4hours of reading and conf file changing I'm still where I started. Here's the scenario. I have a machine that has 60GB HDD, RedHat 7.3 & Win2K. 19 first GB are win2k (FAT32; /dev/hda1). Then comes RedHat 7.3: hda2 -> /boot... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: D-Lexy
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

removing lilo

I have a machine that dual boots win2k and linux, and we are handing it off so it no longer needs linux. Linux is a separate partition so I can delete the partition, but I need to remove lilo- how do I do that ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
7 Replies

9. Red Hat

lilo.conf for lvm

Does anyone know how to write a lilo.conf for lvm configurations. I have the devices addressed as: /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 / (root) /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01 (swap) When running lilo, Error states: can't put the boot sector on logical partition 0xFD02 Would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: imrank27
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

lilo question

I use redhat7.0, and I want to update kernel to 2.4.0,I make following steps: #gzip -cd linux-2.4.0.tar.gz | tar xvf - #cd linux #make mrproper #make config #make dep #make bzdisk #make modules #make modules_install #cp linux/arch/i386/boot/bzImage /boot then I modify lilo.conf,like... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: konvalo
0 Replies
LILOCONFIG(8)						     liloconfig documentation						     LILOCONFIG(8)

NAME
liloconfig - create new lilo.conf file (with diskid and uuid) SYNOPSIS
liloconfig [-h] [-v] [-f] [lilo.conf] DESCRIPTION
liloconfig is an simple program for creating a new lilo.conf file. After creating the new configuration file you must execute '/sbin/lilo'. liloconfig use the lilo.example.conf file as template. In the final lilo.conf file you find many useful comments for custom changes. OPTIONS
-h Print a brief help. -v Print verbose messages. -f Force overriding existing lilo.conf. EXAMPLES
Lines in the configuration file /etc/lilo.conf: ### LILO global section ### #large-memory lba32 boot = /dev/sda map = /boot/map install = menu menu-scheme = Wb:Yr:Wb:Wb prompt timeout = 100 vga = normal #default = Linux ### LILO per-image section ### #boot = /dev/sda boot = /dev/disk/by-id/ata-SAMSUNG_SV1604N_S01FJ10X999999 image = /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.32-5book-686 label = "Linux" #root = /dev/sda1 root = "UUID=18843936-00f9-4df0-a373-000d05a5dd44" read-only # restricted # alias = 1 # optional initrd = /boot/initrd.img-2.6.32-5book-686 image = /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.32-5-686 label = "Linux Old" #root = /dev/sda1 root = "UUID=18843936-00f9-4df0-a373-000d05a5dd44" read-only # restricted # alias = 2 # optional initrd = /boot/initrd.img-2.6.32-5-686 COPYRIGHT and LICENSE Copyright (C) 2011 Joachim Wiedorn This script is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License version 2 can be found in `/usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-2'. AUTHOR
lilconfig was written by Joachim Wiedorn. This manual page was written by Joachim Wiedorn <ad_debian at joonet.de> for the Debian project (and may be used by others). SEE ALSO
lilo(8), update-lilo(8), lilo-uuid-diskid(8) 23.1 2011-03-20 LILOCONFIG(8)