Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: PPP in netcfg
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers PPP in netcfg Post 18884 by LivinFree on Thursday 4th of April 2002 02:11:08 AM
Old 04-04-2002
Did you use the wvdialconf tool to detect your modem? It should have set the AT commands correctly for you.
I don't know why it would hang up before starting pppd...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

PPP Network through TCP/IP

I have two unix systems. One is Redhat Linux and the other is Sun Solairs. I am runing PPP on my Linux machine but not on my Solaris machine. TCP/IP connects the two machines. I want to pick up PPP on both machines simultaneously with only one dial up connection on my linux machine. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Photon_Blast
4 Replies

2. IP Networking

How to get Caller Id in PPP

hello I am workin with PPP to send data from dos machine to unix & Linux machine using FTP with help of fax & voice modem(Caller id Enabled & Exchange provides facility). i need to identify phone(number) connect with Dos machine i.e. to identify from where data is send. so i want to get the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yspl
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error in connecting PPP connection

when i connect to SCO-Unix from Windows98 through PPP, the terminal window comes up asking for user name and password, when i enter PPP user name and password, it disconnects. kindly help me to sort out the problem in connection. thanks Nagendra Jaiswal (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nagendrajaiswal
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

CCP In PPP

Hi, I am using linux-2.6.10 mandrake. In which i am establishing PPP sessions with the peer.During the PPP negotiations i negotiate even CCP-deflate compression option. I just wanted to know the amount of memory which is being used in kernel space by the compression algorithms,when a ccp... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram.ec
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ppp errror message in logs

I am getting this message in the log file. Apr 29 15:32:02 router ppp: Warning: Label COPYRIGHT rejected -direct connection: Configuration label not found This repeats every so often, the link is up however...Any ideas why i am getting this. Its freebsd 6.1 and pppoE. Frank (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
1 Replies

6. Solaris

install PPP on Solaris 9

Background: I have been running Solaris 8 on an Ultra5 with 128MB and 4GB disk for years without upgrade. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Now my ISP has upgraded their software, and no longer talks to my old (asppp!) software. Sun no longer ships newer versions of Solaris 8. So I bought Solaris... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandee
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SLIP/PPP questions

Hello all.. I need to script SLIP dial-up connections and wanted ask others about the following; - does pppd support SLIP (noticed some releases do and some don't) - if pppd doesn't support SLIP can bash variables be passed to a dip script (e.g. phone-number, ip-address) - or is another... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LAVco
0 Replies

8. IP Networking

Load Balancing ppp

Hello everybody How can i Load Balance two slow ppp(gprs) connections with iptables . (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rink
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Not able to dial specific number using ppp

Hi all, I'm working on ppp establishment. When I tried calling a number using ppp, I could establish a PPP connection successfully. But, when I tried calling another ISP number, it is asking for authentication details whereas that is not the case with the other number. It throws an error saying... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sai2krishna
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

No SMS notifications once ppp up

Hi all, I have an Siemens IoT2020 with a Sim7000e cellular board that I connect via USB to the board and connect to Telstra Cat-M1 network. I can send and receive SMS and do so using Node-Red but can also do with Minicom etc. When connected I get : root@iot2000:~# dmesg | grep USB ACPI:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: antc
0 Replies
PON(1)								    Debian PPPD 							    PON(1)

NAME
pon, poff, plog - starts up, shuts down or lists the log of PPP connections SYNOPSIS
pon [ isp-name [ options ] ] poff [ -r ] [ -d ] [ -c ] [ -a ] [ -h ] [ isp-name ] plog [ arguments ] DESCRIPTION
This manual page describes the pon, plog and poff scripts, which allow users to control PPP connections. pon pon, invoked without arguments, runs the /etc/ppp/ppp_on_boot file, if it exists and is executable. Otherwise, a PPP connection will be started using configuration from /etc/ppp/peers/provider. This is the default behaviour unless an isp-name argument is given. For instance, to use ISP configuration "myisp" run: pon myisp pon will then use the options file /etc/ppp/peers/myisp. You can pass additional pppd options after the ISP name, too. pon can be used to run multiple, simultaneous PPP connections. pon takes the following command line options: -q --quick disconnect when ip-up finishes running. This function is only available to the root user. poff poff closes a PPP connection. If more than one PPP connection exists, the one named in the argument to poff will be killed, e.g. poff myprovider2 will terminate the connection to myprovider2, and leave the PPP connections to e.g. "myprovider1" or "myprovider3" up and running. poff takes the following command line options: -r causes the connection to be redialed after it is dropped. -d toggles the state of pppd's debug option. -c causes pppd(8) to renegotiate compression. -a stops all running ppp connections. If the argument isp-name is given it will be ignored. -h displays help information. -v prints the version and exits. If no argument is given, poff will stop or signal pppd if and only if there is exactly one running. If more than one connection is active, it will exit with an error code of 1. plog plog shows you the last few lines of /var/log/ppp.log. If that file doesn't exist, it shows you the last few lines of your /var/log/syslog file, but excluding the lines not generated by pppd. This script makes use of the tail(1) command, so arguments that can be passed to tail(1) can also be passed to plog. Note: the plog script can only be used by root or another system administrator in group "adm", due to security reasons. Also, to have all pppd-generated information in one logfile, that plog can show, you need the following line in your /etc/syslog.conf file: local2.* -/var/log/ppp.log FILES
/etc/ppp/options PPPd system options file. /etc/ppp/pap-secrets System PAP passwords file. /etc/ppp/chap-secrets System CHAP passwords file. /etc/ppp/peers/ Directory holding the peer options files. The default file is called provider. /etc/chatscripts/provider The chat script invoked from the default /etc/ppp/peers/provider. /var/log/ppp.log The default PPP log file. AUTHORS
The p-commands were written by Christoph Lameter <clameter@debian.org>. Updated and revised by Philip Hands <phil@hands.com>. This manual was written by Othmar Pasteka <othmar@tron.at>. Modified by Rob Levin <lilo@openprojects.net>, with some extensions taken from the old p-commands manual written by John Hasler <jhasler@debian.org>. SEE ALSO
pppd(8), chat(8), tail(1). Debian Project July 2000 PON(1)