Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: OpenSSH
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers OpenSSH Post 16996 by #1freebsddude on Saturday 9th of March 2002 09:35:13 PM
Old 03-09-2002
OK that's no problem, you can just create /usr/ports as root yourself and follow the link I suggested to download and build (if you wish).

Again, the assumption is that you have a FreeBSD Unix machine, the procedures for an OSX install may be somewhat different.

Also, check to ensure that you do not have 2 different versions of libcrypto libraries, it may be picking up the old one.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

OpenSSH Patch

Hi there, I am trying to install a patch for OpenSSH that will allow for a HeartBeat function to keep me from going idle. I am using a Powerbook G4 with Tiger OS 10.4. I have downloaded the patch but when I try and run it using the command: I get the following information: I have tried... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perryl7
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

OpenSSH install

I'm trying to install OpenSSH on HP-UX 11.11, so, first of all, I was going to install OpenSSL, but I get an error message during "make test"... 23324:error:24064064:random number generator:SSLEAY_RAND_BYTES:PRNG not seeded:md_rand.c:503:You need to read the OpenSSL FAQ,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: untamed
8 Replies

3. AIX

openssh 5.0 with aix 5.3

Hi All, I upgraded my openssh to 5.0. Now I need to modify the sshd_config file to my company's new policy. My problem? There are two config file on my system: /usr/local/etc/sshd_config and /etc/ssh/sshd_config Which should I edit? Please help. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A problem about openssh

When I first link a computer with ssh , the information "Warning: Permanently added ... (RSA) to the list of known hosts." will be occured. How can i avoid this information without use the parameter '-q'? tks!!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragehunter
2 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

OpenSSH

Hello, I downloaded Cygwin to practice on my coursework from home. I was told to download the OpenSSH from Cygwin website so that I can access my files from home. However, the file saves itself with a cgi extension and I have no idea as to what I am supposed to do next. I found info on some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: feliks0
1 Replies

6. Solaris

openssh and chroot.

Hi all. I have installed openssh 5.3 and set up jailed root. It works almost as I want it to I cant cd to any directory above my ch root. my config : entry in passwd: test2:x:103:113::/users2/test2:/bin/false sshd_conf: Match User test2 ChrootDirectory /users2/%u # ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vettec3
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SFTP with OpenSSH

Hi All, I am using SFTP command to download some files from a remote server. My both the servers are SFTP enabled. I am sending SFTP request to a Windows server from my Linux server via openSSH. and i have already exchanged publickey between both the servers. But still remote server is asking... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vipparlas
1 Replies

8. Fedora

OpenSSH Problem

Hello, I cannot seem to loggon to a machine using ssh/scp. Whenevr I do it closes the connection (error message : lost connection)but it appears to be the host machine closing rather than the destination which puzzles me even more. What is even weirder is that as a root user it works but as a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

9. AIX

OpenSSH always ask for password

Hello together, I have a Problem with openssh on AIX 5.3. We have a big amount of AIX-hosts that run with openssh but one donīt! Every time we try to connect via ssh to the host, we get a password prompt. The myth ist, that there is no Error or somthing else. Here the output of ssh -vvvv to... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: heifei
14 Replies

10. Red Hat

Openssh 6.8

Hi im using redhat enterprise linux 7 im trying to update to the latest openssh version 6.8 i ran the command yum update openssh and this upgraded only to version 6.6 how can i update to the latest version 6.8? thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: guy3145
5 Replies
PG_BUILDEXT(1)						 Debian PostgreSQL infrastructure					    PG_BUILDEXT(1)

NAME
pg_buildext - Build and install a PostgreSQL extension SYNOPSIS
pg_buildext action srcdir target opts DESCRIPTION
pg_buildext is a script that will build a PostgreSQL extension in a VPATH way. It supports the configure, build, install, and clean actions, and will choose to build for the intersection of versions known in debian/pgversions (versions supported by the package) and in /usr/share/postgresql-common/supported-versions (versions supported in this release). OPTIONS
action One of configure, build, install, or clean. srcdir Where to find the extension sources, including the debian subdirectory. (Usually $(CURDIR).) If not specified, defaults to the current directory. target The target directory where to build the sources, it will get created for you if it does not exist. If the target contains a %v sign, it will get replaced by the specific version of PostgreSQL being built against. (Usually build-%v.) opts %v signs in opts will get replaced as in target. configure Options to pass to the configure script. (Most PostgreSQL extensions do not have a configure script.) build Custom CFLAGS options to use for the build. install Package name to install for. Make will be called with DESTDIR="srcdir/debian/package". clean clean does not take extra options. USAGE
As pg_buildext invokes make for the build, install, and clean actions, invocations from debian/rules (which is a makefile) should be prefixed with + so the sub-makes can talk with the make jobserver. EXAMPLE
build-stamp: +pg_buildext configure $(CURDIR) build-%v "--libdir=/usr/lib/postgresql/%v/lib --datadir=/usr/share/postgresql-%v-plsh" +pg_buildext build $(CURDIR) build-%v install: build +pg_buildext install $(CURDIR) build-%v postgresql-%v-plsh clean: +pg_buildext clean $(CURDIR) build-%v AUTHOR
Dimitri Fontaine <dim@tapoueh.org>, with extensions by Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org>. Debian 2012-10-08 PG_BUILDEXT(1)