Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: metamail execution error
Top Forums Programming metamail execution error Post 14696 by ahnishimi on Tuesday 5th of February 2002 07:47:12 AM
Old 02-05-2002
Question metamail execution error

Hi. I´m have installed the metamail from skunkware and when I´m trying to use mailto (the complete script is bellow), I got this message:

# mailto
To: test@bla.com
Subject: test
~/2048000
Set splitsize to 2048000
~*

Please choose which kind of data you wish to insert:
0: A raw file, possibly binary, of no particular data type.
1: Raw data from a file, with you specifying the content-type by hand.
2: An audio fragment
3: An X11 window image dump in GIF format
4: A reference to data stored in an external location
5: A Postscript File
6: An Andrew inset/document
7: An Apple Macintosh file in AppleSingle format
Enter your choice as a number from 0 to 7: 1
/etc/passwd

Enter the MIME Content-type value for the data from file /etc/passwd
(type '?' for a list of locally-valid content-types): text/plain
~.

dynamic linker: mailto: symbol not found: nuname
splitmail: Could not find the end of the headers!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Problem compiling metamail

Hi Guys. I have downloaded metamail from internet e I´m trying to compile it at a SCO 5.0.5. In this server it´s working fine (let´s name it as mission1) i´m using the developer package in this server (mission1) and when I use mailto, i got the e-mail fine. It´s forwarding to a exchange server... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahnishimi
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

metamail

Hi there. I have a problem with some files I am trying to process. It goes as follows: I receive an email with a MIME attachment I use metamail to extract the data to a flat file named "email.txt" I decode "email.txt" using metamail This works great with one tiny issue Information in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Atwill
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

error during the execution of script

Hi, I have a cron job which executes daily once 9 PM. The script is like if then TYPE=OC elif then TYPE=i elif then TYPE=mmc elif then TYPE=CB elif then TYPE=oth fi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: surjyap
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect Issue Serial Forground Execution vs Concurrent Background Execution

I have an expect script that interrogates several hundred unix servers for both access and directories therein using "ssh user@host ls -l /path". The combination of host/path are unique but the host may be interrogated multiple times if there are multiple paths to test. The expect script is run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: twk
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Metamail for Solaris 10

Hi All, We are trying to Load Metamail on our Solaris 10 Server but are not able to. This is what we get: m5k604d1@root# pwd /export/home/xpvh76/mm2.7/src m5k604d1@root# /usr/ccs/bin/make (cd metamail ; make CONFIGDIR=../. CFLAGS="-g -I. " CC="cc" LDLIBS="") sh: make: not found... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paragkhanore
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Metamail Alternatives on Solaris 10

Hi All, We have been trying to Install Metamail on our Solaris 10 server but have failed to do so. We are a bit topo short of time here so are now trying to Explore any Meta Mail alternatives. What we basically want to do is: Server will recieve email, Procmail will recieve the email... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: paragkhanore
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution error with awk script

Hi, I run an awk script and I got the error attached below: here are the lines that the compiler point to as an error: duration = timeEnd1-timeBegin1; print "Transmission: type of traffic " flow1 ; print “ - Total transmitted bits = ” totalBits1 ” bits”; print “ - duration = ”... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ENG_MOHD
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error in sh script execution

Script: #!/sbin/sh echo "Welcome to my First Script" echo "Enter a word" read PASS if then echo "You are correct" elif then echo "Thats incorrect" else echo "Bye" fi When i run the script shell says: Syntax error at line 7:'elif' is not expected I ran through some old posts and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit Kulkarni
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution Error!

I am having output in this format.. -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 20 Jan 01 14:32 abc.txt -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 40 Jan 01 14:32 abcd.txt -rw-r--r-- (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhargav456
9 Replies

10. Programming

Solr--Basic Example execution error

Hello , I am new bee to Solr and trying to run sample example for solr . java -Durl=http://locahost:8983/solr/update -jar post.jar books.csv Error SimplePostTool version 1.5 Posting files to base url http://locahost:8983/solr/update using content-type... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tomlight
3 Replies
MIME(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   MIME(1)

NAME
MIME - Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions SYNOPSIS
Not a command -- see the SEE ALSO section for usable commands. DESCRIPTION
MIME is the official proposed standard format for extended Internet electronic mail. The MIME format permits email to include enhanced text, graphics, audio, and more, in a standardized and interoperable manner. If you send and receive mail with a MIME-compliant mail sys- tem, you will be able to send and receive far more than ASCII text. Various different people and companies are implementing MIME-compliant software. This man page was provided, by user request, as part of the freely-available "metamail" distribution from Bellcore. Metamail provides a complete MIME implementation, but there may well be others at your site, too. The "SEE ALSO" section only refers to the tools that came as part of the metamail distribution. SEE ALSO
metamail(1), mailto(1), metasend(1), mmencode(1), richtext(1), splitmail(1), mailto-hebrew(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1991 Bell Communications Research, Inc. (Bellcore) Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this material for any purpose and without fee is hereby granted, provided that the above copyright notice and this permission notice appear in all copies, and that the name of Bellcore not be used in advertising or publicity pertaining to this material without the specific, prior written permission of an authorized representative of Bellcore. BELLCORE MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR SUITABILITY OF THIS MATERIAL FOR ANY PURPOSE. IT IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES. AUTHOR
Nathaniel S. Borenstein, Bellcore Release 1 MIME(1)