Hi there. I have a problem with some files I am trying to process. It goes as follows:
I receive an email with a MIME attachment
I use metamail to extract the data to a flat file named "email.txt"
I decode "email.txt" using metamail
This works great with one tiny issue
Information in the file that I receive is 1000 rows of invoice data that needs to be stripped of ANY extra characters that may be in the file, so that all I am left with is the pure data.
But at the end of every file is something like:
or like this:
------_ÿextPart_000_01C1E6F8.678CC080-- (once I have metamailed it)
I need to be able to get rid of these extra characters some how. I thought of using grep somehow (?) or some other techinique, but these "weird" characters seems to be changing with every file, so I am at a loss on how to do this.
I am using a PERL program that calls metamail using "system(..)", so maybe there is a cool trick in PERL as well?
If anyone could help, I would really appreciate it.
Thanks in advance
We have been trying to Install Metamail on our Solaris 10 server but have failed to do so.
We are a bit topo short of time here so are now trying to Explore any Meta Mail alternatives.
What we basically want to do is:
Server will recieve email, Procmail will recieve the email... (0 Replies)
We are trying to Load Metamail on our Solaris 10 Server but are not able to.
This is what we get:
(cd metamail ; make CONFIGDIR=../. CFLAGS="-g -I. " CC="cc" LDLIBS="")
sh: make: not found... (1 Reply)
Hi. I´m have installed the metamail from skunkware and when I´m trying to use mailto (the complete script is bellow), I got this message:
Set splitsize to 2048000
Please choose which kind of data you wish to insert:
0: A raw file,... (2 Replies)
I have downloaded metamail from internet e I´m trying to compile it at a SCO 5.0.5. In this server it´s working fine (let´s name it as mission1)
i´m using the developer package in this server (mission1) and when I use mailto, i got the e-mail fine. It´s forwarding to a exchange server... (2 Replies)