Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: can't understand
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers can't understand Post 101928 by Perderabo on Tuesday 14th of March 2006 08:36:32 AM
Old 03-14-2006
MySQL

Thanks for the info. Now I see what is happening. Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can't understand this at all.

Ok, i've been trying to write some shell scripts. nothing challenging, but just automating All of the tutorials i read say to start the file with #!/bin/bash or whatever your path to bash is. So i do it, and all of my scripts error out saying ./nameofscript:command not found when i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: severndigital
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't quite understand this regex

The following regular expression is found in a book I have been reading. It apparently can be used on an /etc/passwd file to find any accounts which have no password. I am having a heck of a time seeing how it works, and I was wondering if someone could run me through it. I will take a stab at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kermit
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Understand PATH

I'm new to unix so sorry for the confusing question. I installed OPENSSL following these instructions. Installing OpenSSH Packages - SPARC and Intel/Solaris 8 I need to run this command, "openssl req -newkey rsa:1024 -keyout server.pf.key -out req.pem" from a keyreq folder I created. ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kjons76
13 Replies

4. Programming

Trying to understand kernel

Hi all, I'm a user and a programmer of UNIX based systems (mainly FreeBSD and Linux). I have never programmed or tried to fully understand the kernel layer. I haven't a special propouse for learning it, but I'd like to. Can anyone suggest me books, documentation or examples that may help me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help can't understand the code

Hi All, Good day, i'm just wondering what is the meaning of this code? COUNT_EXTRACTED_FILE=`${ECHO_CMD} "${SE_IN_PATH}${SE_IN_FILE}" | ${AWK_CMD} -F"__" '{print $2}'` Thanks, -niks(newbie) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikki1200
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

can't understand!

Hi All, can you please help me to figured out what's the meaning of this. ${SERVER_DATABASE} -b << EOF 2>>/dev/null THanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikki1200
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to understand IFS

Hi , i am in my initial learning phase of unix. i was going thru the function part. below is the example which was there but i am not able to understand logic and the use of IFS(internal field separator) lspath() { OLDIFS="$IFS" IFS=: for DIR in $PATH ; do echo $DIR ; done IFS="$OLDIFS"... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

understand sed

cat teledir.txt jai sharma 25853670 chanchal singhvi 9831545629 anil aggarwal 9830263298 shyam saksena 23217847 lalit chowdury 26688726 If i use the below command , it is giving me the output with "," in between two name. how ? and also i would like to know the reason for the space used in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Antony Ankrose
1 Replies
gvfs-info(1)							   User Commands						      gvfs-info(1)

NAME
gvfs-info - print information about files and directories using the VFS system SYNOPSIS
gvfs-info [-w] [-f] [-a] [-n] URI DESCRIPTION
gvfs-info prints information about files and directories using the VFS system. The printed information contains its access properties: owner and permissions; time: access, modification and creation; mime type; and other information. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -w List writtable attributes -f Get filesystem information -a The attributes to get -n Do not follow symbolic links EXAMPLES
Example 1: Read the information of a local file example% gvfs-info file:///usr/bin/gvfs-info Example 2: Get the information of a remote file example% gvfs-info http://www.sun.com/ ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables: NLSPATH. EXIT STATUS
The exit value 0 is returned regardless of success or failure. FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gvfs-info Executable to print information about files and directories using the VFS system ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-gvfs | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gvfs-copy(1), gvfs-cat(1), gvfs-less(1), gvfs-ls(1), gvfs-mkdir(1) gvfs-monitor-dir(1), gvfs-monitor-file(1), gvfs-mount(1), gvfs-move(1), gvfs-rename(1), gvfs-open(1), gvfs-rm(1), gvfs-save(1), gvfs-trash(1), gvfs-tree(1), attributes(5), environ(5) NOTES
Written by Alvaro Lopez Ortega, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2008. SunOS 5.11 25 Mar 2008 gvfs-info(1)