Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Slackware 13.
Operating Systems Linux Slackware Slackware 13. Post 302599956 by openation1 on Sunday 19th of February 2012 03:04:43 PM
Old 02-19-2012
Question Slackware 13.

Hello everyone. I am a newbie in operating systems. so far I've been playing with Ubuntu and I like it a lot. I heard about Slackware and I wanna try it. Last night I download the iso but It didn't fit in my usb or Dvd. it is a 4.2 GB. Is there one less than 4.2GB that will fit in my usb or DVD? (another question) Slackware is Unix or Linux?

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Slackware

DNS on Slackware

Hi. I'm glad join the unix.com forums. Here is my first problem: I've installed Slackware 13 on my PC and configured the IP, Mask and the default gateway. But now I cannot edit the resolv.conf correctly. Can you give me an example with DNS servers like 4.4.4.2 ; 4.4.4.4 ; 8.8.4.4 and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: intelfan
1 Replies

2. Slackware

Slackware

I want to know more about the Concurrency(Process Synchronization, Deadlocks) of a slackware, i know already the Concurrency but i want to know further what else is the Concurrency(Process Synchronization, Deadlocks) of a slackware. :cool: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: green12
1 Replies
pkg2du(1M)						  System Administration Commands						pkg2du(1M)

NAME
pkg2du - convert driver packages to Driver Update format SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/pkg2du [-f] [-v] [-d dir] [-o iso] [-l label] [-r release] pkg [pkg ...] DESCRIPTION
The /usr/bin/pkg2du utility takes one or more packages as input and converts them to Driver Update (DU) format. If the -d option is speci- fied, the resulting DU directory tree is placed in the directory dir. If the -o option is specified, a Solaris ISO image of the DU direc- tory tree is written in the file iso. The ISO image can be burned onto CD/DVD using cdrw(1) or cdrecord(1) (not a SunOS man page) and used during Solaris installation. At least one of the -d and -o options must be specified. If both are specified, then both an ISO image and a directory tree are generated. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -d dir Directory where the DU directory should be created. -o iso Create a Solaris ISO image of the DU directory. -f If dir/DU or iso exists, remove it without asking first. -l label Label/volume name of the ISO image (if -o option is specified). -r release Solaris release number to use. It takes the form of the return from uname -r command, for example, 5.10. If unspecified, the release number of the currently running Solaris is used. -v Verbose. Multiple -v options increase verbosity. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: pkg [pkg...] One or more packages to be converted to DU format. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Creating a DU CD/DVD The following commands create a DU CD or DVD containing packages SUNWfoo and SUNWbar. # /usr/bin/pkg2du -r 5.10 -o my.iso SUNWfoo SUNWbar # /usr/bin/cdrw -i my.iso ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cdrw(1), mkcd(1M), attributes(5) mkisofs(8), (/usr/share/man/man8/mkisofs.8), in the SUNWfsman package (not a SunOS man page) SunOS 5.11 29 Jul 2008 pkg2du(1M)