10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
I have a Sun-Fire V440 running with Solaris 9 and am trying to get a WD USB Hard Drive mounted. None of the articles I've read so far have helped.
Output from rmformat:
Looking for devices...
1. Volmgt Node: /vol/dev/aliases/rmdisk0
Logical Node: /dev/rdsk/c5t0d0s2
... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: oldtimertj
I have a PC with SCO operating system with a graphical program that access MO drive to write some log data. This program automatically format and write data on MO disck. MO drive was working good before but now when i try to write data, MO drive starts to be busy but after some minutes i... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mammut3d
3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
· Next, you will need to install the software package that provides DHCP services (a.k.a. the DHCP daemon software). It is located on the installation DVD ISO image for the CentOS Linux Distribution. Associate the (Disc 1 of 2) DVD ISO with the virtual machine's CD/DVD optical drive, create a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: beerpong1
4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users
Good day all!
I need to recover FS from backup, but the thing is that tape drive cable is not compatible with the server's input (tape drive's cable is wide, but at the server input (V240) is tight one). So, I want to connect this tape drive to another Solaris based server and mount tape drive... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nypreH
5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory
Hi guys, I have been looking around and searching for the past hour and did not see anything. but please forgive me if I missed something.
I had a sparc 10 ultra cpu die on me, I got a replacement server from a very generous guy here, now I am getting around to remounting my old hard drive with... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrDarkMatter
Hi, I have a firewire external hard drive that I've been using on a Mac but now want to use on my desktop computer that runs on Solaris 10, but when I plug it into the firewire port, nothing happens. I just assumed that it would mount automatically like a USB device but it doesn't. Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Breanne
7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I have a second drive that I just put in my computer and I formatted it with gparted to ext3.
1) How do I get Ubuntu 8.10 to automount this drive it boots up and allow programs like VMSERVER see it? I asks since I want to install a virutal machine on this drive.
Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I connected an external SCSI drive, I see it when I do 'format', I went ahead and formatted it.
How do I mount it now though so I can use it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
9. Filesystems, Disks and Memory
can someone help tell me how to mount NTFS drive in redhat 7.1
1. is this correct ?
dev/hda1 mnt/c ntfs-t defaults 0 0
2.is the mount file etc/fstab
thanking you all
... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: immanuelgangte
10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
question is this:
How do I mount an LVD hotswap scsi drive in bay #2 on a netra using the mount command? volmgt doesn't seem to mount it and/or I don't know how to view the drives data if it's formatted which it may not be. This drive is not new out of the box so I'm not sure.
... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: soulshaker