10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have two files, file1 and file2 who have identical number of rows and columns. However, the script is supposed to be used for for different files and I cannot know the format in advance. Also, the number of columns changes within the file, some rows have more and some less columns (they are... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: maya3
2. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have below perl script which writes xml from .xls file.
Now i want to add below two conditions in this script :
1. to check if the the input .xls file has ony two columns , if more tahn two columns then script should pop up an error.
2. If there are two columns , then first column... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
3. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have an excel sheet Excel1.xls that has some entries.
I have one more excel sheet Excel2.xls that has entries only in those cells which are blank in Excel1.xls
These may be in different workbooks. They are totally independent made by 2 different users.
I have placed them in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anamika08
4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I have a file in which I need to add more columns to based on a key in the first file:
I would like to create the following output:
Output (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: WongSifu
5. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have a number of files with multiple rows that I need to add together.
Let say I have 10 files:
Each file has a great number of rows and columns. I need to add these files together the following way.
In other words, If, for example, file A occupies Columns 1 to 19, I want to add file B... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ernst
6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I have a question. I have a txt.file as below. i want to add 3 more columns: column3=conlum 2*column2; column4=(1-column2)*(1-column2); column5=1-column3-column4. Do you know how to do it? Thanks a lot!
... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevertl
7. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have two files containing 6 columns and thousands of rows. I want to add them (i.e. first column of first file + first column of second file and so on) and print the output in a third file. Can you please help me.
Thanks a lot (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandra321
8. Shell Programming and Scripting
I am trying to find a way to read an excel work book with multiple worksheets.
And write each worksheet into a new excel file using perl. My environment is Unix.
For example: I have an excel workbook TEST.xls and it has Sheet1, Sheet2, Sheet3 worksheets. I would like to create... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep78
9. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have two files and I need to add column 3 of file1 to column 3 of file 2 > file3
I also need to repeat for column 4.
Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsstamps
10. Shell Programming and Scripting
Hi Wise UNIX Crew,
I want to add 3 different columns to the file in which:
1. The first new column pulls in today's date and time
2. Second column one has a '0'
3. Third column has the word 'ANY' going down the column
If my file content is as follows:
"7","a","abc",123"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dolo21taf