Dbca font error

Operating Systems Solaris Dbca font error
# 1  
Old 05-16-2014
Dbca font error

Everytime I run dbca or runInstaller I get this warning.

Warning: Cannot convert string "-monotype-arial-regular-r-normal--*-140-*-*-p-*-iso8859-1" to type FontStruct

I googled it but there are so many solutions but don't know which 1 to follow. This is for an old environment where Solaris OS was installed back in 2008 and we don't have the .iso image so whatever packages I am missing, I can't just get it.

What else can be done? Any help from the community will be highly appreciated.

Last edited by newborndba; 05-16-2014 at 10:13 AM..
# 2  
Old 05-16-2014
You can do a silent install. If you do that you should use a response file. there are templates including in the install software. However, as long as you can see the installer screen, then don't worry about this error. I have seen this error before and I was still able to do the install.
# 3  
Old 05-16-2014
Thanks you so much for replying. Just wondering about the syntax of running installer and dbca in a silent mode? Can you provide me with the syntax if you don't mind?

Thanks again.
# 4  
Old 05-16-2014
Here are the documents. Essentially you need to copy a response file from the response directory. Then edit the file with vim, or whatever editor that you use. You will see something like this:

Code:
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Specify the location which holds the inventory files.
# This is an optional parameter if installing on
# Windows based Operating System.
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INVENTORY_LOCATION=

And you would put in the name of the directory where the Inventory would be.
Try using /home/oracle/product assuming that the Oracle users home directory is /home/oracle. Then anywhere that there is a missing value fill in the value based on the notes above the value. If there is a value already there you don't need to change it. If you are installing a standalone instance then ignore anything that has RAC or Cluster. You should also be able to ignore proxy and the section related to autoupdates and myoracle support. You should decline security updates and updates via my oracle support. You need to pay for support for this to be useful. You can also leave the support username and password blank.

SECURITY_UPDATES_VIA_MYORACLESUPPORT=FALSE
DECLINE_SECURITY_UPDATES=TRUE

Installing and Configuring Oracle Database Using Response Files
# 5  
Old 05-16-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by gandolf989
Here are the documents. Essentially you need to copy a response file from the response directory. Then edit the file with vim, or whatever editor that you use. You will see something like this:

Code:
# Specify the location which holds the inventory files.
# This is an optional parameter if installing on
# Windows based Operating System.
INVENTORY_LOCATION=

And you would put in the name of the directory where the Inventory would be.
Try using /home/oracle/product assuming that the Oracle users home directory is /home/oracle. Then anywhere that there is a missing value fill in the value based on the notes above the value. If there is a value already there you don't need to change it. If you are installing a standalone instance then ignore anything that has RAC or Cluster. You should also be able to ignore proxy and the section related to autoupdates and myoracle support. You should decline security updates and updates via my oracle support. You need to pay for support for this to be useful. You can also leave the support username and password blank.

SECURITY_UPDATES_VIA_MYORACLESUPPORT=FALSE
DECLINE_SECURITY_UPDATES=TRUE

Installing and Configuring Oracle Database Using Response Files
Thank you Sir.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change font

how do i change from employee= to employee= in ksh. in my shell script, i just want to employee= to BOLD. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawsongeek
3 Replies

2. Solaris

DBCA Issues

I am wondering if someone can help a brother out. I am trying to create a DB using a GUI and when I am about to finish, it gets stuck. I hit finish but nothing happens. Any help from the community will be highly appreciated. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: newborndba
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

FONT colours

Hi, I have set the following piece of code in .vimrc file. ================================================ if has("terminfo") let &t_Co=16 let &t_AB="\<Esc> ================================================= unable to understand the significance of certain things. This sets the colour... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rac
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Font Size

Hi All, Please can someone advise on how to change the font size of the output of a shell script. Best Regards, Shazin (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shazin
2 Replies

5. Solaris

font size printing

hi all , i was just wondering if i can specify the font size when i am printing from solaris . i am using solaris 9 and hp laserjet 1230 . i dont want to change the global variable for the printer driver . i just want to print a file with small font and the others with normal fonts . ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ppass
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vim font highlight

Hi, there. I am using vim to edit some files I am working on from terminal. I occasionally pressed some keys by mistake, and the word just got highlight. Afterward whenever I type in that word, it will be highlight automatically. It is annoying. Could someone tell me how to turn this off? BTW,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: HOUSCOUS
6 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

XTerm has garbled font

On my Yellow Dog Linux/PPC system, any XTerm, regardless of whether it be local or remote, displays a garbled font. When I change the font using the -fn option, XTerm displays a different garbled font. I have had no trouble running any other applications on this computer's X server, nor have I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: awenocur
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Font size

Hello all I am a new linux user (Redhat 7) and I am trying to learn how to operate the system. I have a couple problems one the font size for all windows withing the OS are too small and even though I found a couple places to configure font size I can't find where to change the font size for the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: elhefe
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question