Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Dbca font error
Operating Systems Solaris Dbca font error Post 302901894 by newborndba on Friday 16th of May 2014 09:02:29 AM
Old 05-16-2014
Dbca font error

Everytime I run dbca or runInstaller I get this warning.

Warning: Cannot convert string "-monotype-arial-regular-r-normal--*-140-*-*-p-*-iso8859-1" to type FontStruct

I googled it but there are so many solutions but don't know which 1 to follow. This is for an old environment where Solaris OS was installed back in 2008 and we don't have the .iso image so whatever packages I am missing, I can't just get it.

What else can be done? Any help from the community will be highly appreciated.

Last edited by newborndba; 05-16-2014 at 10:13 AM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Font size

Hello all I am a new linux user (Redhat 7) and I am trying to learn how to operate the system. I have a couple problems one the font size for all windows withing the OS are too small and even though I found a couple places to configure font size I can't find where to change the font size for the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: elhefe
2 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

XTerm has garbled font

On my Yellow Dog Linux/PPC system, any XTerm, regardless of whether it be local or remote, displays a garbled font. When I change the font using the -fn option, XTerm displays a different garbled font. I have had no trouble running any other applications on this computer's X server, nor have I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: awenocur
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vim font highlight

Hi, there. I am using vim to edit some files I am working on from terminal. I occasionally pressed some keys by mistake, and the word just got highlight. Afterward whenever I type in that word, it will be highlight automatically. It is annoying. Could someone tell me how to turn this off? BTW,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: HOUSCOUS
6 Replies

4. Solaris

font size printing

hi all , i was just wondering if i can specify the font size when i am printing from solaris . i am using solaris 9 and hp laserjet 1230 . i dont want to change the global variable for the printer driver . i just want to print a file with small font and the others with normal fonts . ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ppass
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Font Size

Hi All, Please can someone advise on how to change the font size of the output of a shell script. Best Regards, Shazin (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shazin
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

FONT colours

Hi, I have set the following piece of code in .vimrc file. ================================================ if has("terminfo") let &t_Co=16 let &t_AB="\<Esc> ================================================= unable to understand the significance of certain things. This sets the colour... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rac
4 Replies

7. Solaris

DBCA Issues

I am wondering if someone can help a brother out. I am trying to create a DB using a GUI and when I am about to finish, it gets stuck. I hit finish but nothing happens. Any help from the community will be highly appreciated. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: newborndba
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change font

how do i change from employee= to employee= in ksh. in my shell script, i just want to employee= to BOLD. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawsongeek
3 Replies
glutBitmapCharacter(3GLUT)					       GLUT						glutBitmapCharacter(3GLUT)

NAME
glutBitmapCharacter - renders a bitmap character using OpenGL. SYNTAX
#include <GLUT/glut.h> void glutBitmapCharacter(void *font, int character); ARGUMENTS
font Bitmap font to use. character Character to render (not confined to 8 bits). DESCRIPTION
Without using any display lists, glutBitmapCharacter renders the character in the named bitmap font. The available fonts are: GLUT_BITMAP_8_BY_13 A fixed width font with every character fitting in an 8 by 13 pixel rectangle. The exact bitmaps to be used is defined by the stan- dard X glyph bitmaps for the X font named: -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--13-120-75-75-C-80-iso8859-1 GLUT_BITMAP_9_BY_15 A fixed width font with every character fitting in an 9 by 15 pixel rectangle. The exact bitmaps to be used is defined by the stan- dard X glyph bitmaps for the X font named: -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--15-140-75-75-C-90-iso8859-1 GLUT_BITMAP_TIMES_ROMAN_10 A 10-point proportional spaced Times Roman font. The exact bitmaps to be used is defined by the standard X glyph bitmaps for the X font named: -adobe-times-medium-r-normal--10-100-75-75-p-54-iso8859-1 GLUT_BITMAP_TIMES_ROMAN_24 A 24-point proportional spaced Times Roman font. The exact bitmaps to be used is defined by the standard X glyph bitmaps for the X font named: -adobe-times-medium-r-normal--24-240-75-75-p-124-iso8859-1 GLUT_BITMAP_HELVETICA_10 A 10-point proportional spaced Helvetica font. The exact bitmaps to be used is defined by the standard X glyph bitmaps for the X font named: -adobe-helvetica-medium-r-normal--10-100-75-75-p-56-iso8859-1 GLUT_BITMAP_HELVETICA_12 A 12-point proportional spaced Helvetica font. The exact bitmaps to be used is defined by the standard X glyph bitmaps for the X font named: -adobe-helvetica-medium-r-normal--12-120-75-75-p-67-iso8859-1 GLUT_BITMAP_HELVETICA_18 A 18-point proportional spaced Helvetica font. The exact bitmaps to be used is defined by the standard X glyph bitmaps for the X font named: -adobe-helvetica-medium-r-normal--18-180-75-75-p-98-iso8859-1 Rendering a nonexistent character has no effect. glutBitmapCharacter automatically sets the OpenGL unpack pixel storage modes it needs appropriately and saves and restores the previous modes before returning. The generated call to glBitmap will adjust the current raster position based on the width of the character. EXAMPLE
Here is a routine that shows how to render a string of ASCII text with glutBitmapCharacter: void output(int x, int y, char *string) { int len, i; glRasterPos2f(x, y); len = (int) strlen(string); for (i = 0; i < len; i++) { glutBitmapCharacter(GLUT_BITMAP_HELVETICA_18, string[i]); } } SEE ALSO
glutBitmapWidth, glutStrokeCharacter AUTHOR
Mark J. Kilgard (mjk@nvidia.com) GLUT
3.7 glutBitmapCharacter(3GLUT)