checkbox_group => CGI, Perl

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting checkbox_group => CGI, Perl
# 1  
Old 01-09-2004
checkbox_group => CGI, Perl

Hi,

In my cgi script(written in Perl using cgi.pm) i have a checkbox and i want all the items to be checked. Here is what i use:

checkbox_group(-name=>'studenten_in_groep', -values=>\@member_keys, -defaults=>\@member_keys, -labels=>\%temp_members, -columns=>2),

But no boxes are checked...

Ideas anyone??

Tine
# 2  
Old 01-09-2004
I think you need to actually tell it that you want the checkboxes checked.

I know checkbox_group() creates a list of checkboxes, but I don't think it checks them by default.

And when you create a single checkbox, you use syntax like
Code:
checkbox(-name=>'checkboxName',
         -checked=>'checked',
         -value=>'someNalue',
         -label=>'someLabel');

so I'm guessing you'd want to use something like
Code:
checkbox_group(-name=>'studenten_in_groep',
               -values=>\@member_keys,
               -defaults=>\@member_keys,
               -labels=>\%temp_members,
               -checked=>'checked',
               -columns=>2);

but this is untested so I'm not sure...
# 3  
Old 01-09-2004
Ok, scratch that I think. Smilie

See this site for an example: http://stein.cshl.org/WWW/software/CGI/#checkbox_group
Code:
Named parameter style
print $query->checkbox_group(-name=>'group_name',
                             -values=>['eenie','meenie','minie','moe'],
                             -default=>['eenie','moe'],
                             -linebreak=>'true',
                             -labels=>\%labels);

# 4  
Old 01-13-2004
This is the same example that i have used to form my script.
But in stead of default=>['eenie','moe'] i use an array, wich should have the same effect.
But it doesn't!
Even if i write out a few values that are in the array in the way that it is done in the example it still doesn't work..
# 5  
Old 01-13-2004
Could you post your code exactly as you have it in your script?
# 6  
Old 01-13-2004
The code in my first message is what i use;

checkbox_group(-name=>'studenten_in_groep',
-values=>\@member_keys,
-labels=>\%temp_members,
-columns=>2),

This code shows a group of checkboxes that are not checked. I can leave the defaults line out and it does exactly the same.
The values and the defaults have the same array, so i think it should check every box...
# 7  
Old 01-13-2004
Quote:
Originally posted by tine
-values=>\@member_keys,
Are the values actually showing up correctly in the html code that's created?
Quote:
Originally posted by tine
Is -defaults a typo? There shouldn't be an "s" on the end...
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PERL-CGI learning

Hello All, I am actually learning PERL and more interested to learn CGI script too. Can any suggest a forum or weblink which is more helpful for a dummy CGI developer. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: posix
6 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

Perl CGI

I am trying to get my MacBook Pro with 10.8 Mt Lion set up to run Perl CGI scripts. Having a problem. I can start Apache Web Server with no problems. Why do I put the static and dynamic scripts? I which directory? I have looked at this article:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: djehresmann
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

CGI Perl : while loop in CGI perl

Hi Team, I am trying to connect to database(succeeded ) and print the records on the browser using while loop. But the elements of array are not displayed instead while loop is displayed directly. Instead of the below I can embed html statements in print but I am looking for the below style as I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl CGI : unable to download the excel sheet from perl cgi page

Hi All, I have written an cgi perl script that displays an image(Excel image) and when clicked on that Image I need to download a excel sheet. I made sure that excel sheet exists in the folder with the given name but still I am not able to download the sheet. print "<center><table... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl cgi pages out of cgi-bin folder in WINDOWS

Hi team, I have a typical problem with cgi pages in apache webserver in WINDOWS I am able to execute(display) the pages that are saved in cgi-bin folder. But I am not able to execute the pages stored in htdocs or other folder other than cgi-bin folder. Could anyone please let me know how... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

CGI in Perl

Hi, Am unfamiliar with using CGI modules in Perl. Though i checked in few sites about CGI , i dint get a clear idea. Can anyone please explain me the purpose of these statements, it ll be very helpful to me #!/usr/bin/perl use CGI qw/:standard/; use Storable; use Data::Dumper; my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
1 Replies

7. Web Development

problem with exporting vairable from one perl cgi to another perl cgi script while redirecting.

Can anyone tell me how to export a variable from one perl CGI script to another perl cgi script when using a redirect. Upon running the login.pl the user is prompted to enter user name and password. Upon entering the correct credentials (admin/admin) the user is redirected to welcome page. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl CGI Query

Hi All, This is quite a high level question so I appologise as if it sounds a bit woolly! I'm running a script via apache's cgi-bin that calls another Perl script (from a browser): http://192.168.000.000/cgi-bin/run_script.pl?SCRIPT=test.pl&text=RANDOM+TEXT&INPUT1=444444444444 This... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pondlife
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Learning CGI using Perl

hi everyone, i am learning CGI using Perl, but i am having problem to compile and run the scripts. the thing is that, when i want to compile my scripts i have to get connected to the internet and have to upload the scripts to a server and then only i can compile and run my scripts. so, can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shifan
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl CGI.pm

my box is FreeBSD4.3 and I use Perl 5.0005_03. Here is the CGI script. test.cgi ...... if ($query->action eq 'detail') { ...... print $query->hidden('action', 'modify'); ...... } I found that the result of test.cgi?action=detail is not what I expected. the script does not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonyt
4 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question