Login or Register for Dates, Times and to Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Special Forums IP Networking Subnetting
# 1  
Power Subnetting

We have subnetted our Internal Network. We used an I.P. range of,,, and mask We created a subnet range of and maske Our routers are configure to route to approprate network. We are able to ping workstation on the both subnett but we are not able to get to the Internet on new subnet we creates. Anyone have any ideas on what to do?
# 2  
If I understand correctly, you are trying to split your class B into two subnets, but with one subnet being 75% of the addresses and the other subnet being 25% of the adresses. You can't do that. The subnets must be equal in size. And all subnets must use the same netmask.
# 3  
no they don't, if he has set his router up correctly. he has to make sure that if he is NOT using static routes in his router configuration that he is using a routing protocol that supports VLSM, i.e., RIP version 2 or EIGRP.

that's the purpose of routing and subnetting: not having to have everyone on the same subnet.

hope this helps.
Login or Register for Dates, Times and to Reply

Previous Thread | Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:
Advanced Search

Test Your Knowledge in Computers #741
Difficulty: Medium
The successor to FORTRAN 77 was informally known as Fortran 90.
True or False?

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking


Dear friends am confused with the logic behind subnetting. i am learning from video tutorial and quite didn't get it so my question is as below After subnetting class c address by borrowing one bit from host to network , it leaves host with 7 bit and network increases bit to 25 bits . ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lobsang
9 Replies

2. IP Networking


Guys, Anyone could help me understand subnetting. I know a bit in networking but there are things that I don't get them easily. Thank You in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: etcpasswd
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

Subnetting in 11 steps

As seen on, here is my ip addressing article in full... Original Subnetting in 11 Steps article Subnetting in 11 Steps There are a few things that you will need to know first. I personally use 11 rules that I learned from Mike Vana. Below you will find the 11 rules as well as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jking2100
1 Replies

Featured Tech Videos