Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Newbie problem with ksh script Post 99790 by Anubhav on Tuesday 21st of February 2006 02:17:02 PM
Old 02-21-2006
Then it will be best to read the date in as a parameter. So when you run the script

Run it as follows:

eg abc.ksh <YYYYMMDD>

and in the code read $1 in rundate
Code:
RUNDATE=$1

Hope that helps!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh script and java problem

I have a problem with the execution of a ksh as deamon on linux. I explain you first the context. We have developped a Java program that execute every minutes an external (that we don't have developped) program with a config file in parameter. The Java program is runned as deamon with a perl... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: adrian.mihai
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH Script/FTP (NEWBIE)

I trying to write a ksh script (without the help of the Kermit libraries) which connects to a ftp server and checks if the file "KEI.done" exists. If the file exists it print "files is there" if it doesnt exist it prints "file is not there". (the print statements will later be replaced with code to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mike509123
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Newbie convert date ksh

If I have start = 02282006; end = 03152006; How do I get startdate = 02/28/2006; enddate = 03/15/2006; Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: britney
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ksh problem in script

Hi I made a small script which uses ksh. When i run the script then i get the following error However when i run each of the commands on the commandline they get executed and provide the desired output. i cant figure out why the script is not running. Kindly Help Thanks in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: PradeepRed
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

A newbie with a problem in A date Script

Hello everybody... I'm a Unix newbie and i just got this task at work to figure out what's wrong with a daily script my team is using. The idea behind the script is that it takes the day before in a yyyymmdd format, find files with that date in a specific directory and executes an (irrelavant)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adija
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

script sourcing problem (ksh)

I have a script "abc.sh" in /tmp which has exit 0 as its last line when I run this script from /tmp/xyz/def.sh script as . ../abc.sh then the script executes but the control doesn't return to def.sh script for subsequent commands in def.sh but if I invoke the abc.sh from inside the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshou
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Newbie problem with simple script to create a directory

script is: dirname= "$(date +%b%d)_$(date +%H%M)" mkdir $dirname should create a directory named Nov4_ Instead I get the following returned: root@dchs-pint-001:/=>./test1 ./test1: Nov04_0736: not found. Usage: mkdir Directory ... root@dchs-pint-001:/=> TOO easy, but what am I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwfay
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

newbie: writing ksh shell problem

my default profile is using ksh, I tried to write a simple scripts and I had issues, below is my scripts: $ more if_num.ksh USAGE="usage: if_num.ksh" print -n "Enter two numbers: " read x y if ((x=y)) then print "You entered the same number twice." when I tried to executed the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: matthew00
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem in Executing script in ksh

Hi, I am in ksh. below mentioned 3 commands I executed at command prompt & got the expected results. csh source csh_infa <special command> Now I have to do this in the script in ksh. I entered it as it is. #!/bin/ksh csh source csh_infa <special command> Now after... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: girish_kanak
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script newbie, what is problem with my script?

Hello, Ubuntu server 11.10 can anybody help what is problem with my shell script? #!/bin/bash #script to find out currently logged on user is root or not. if ] then echo "You are super" else echo "You are awesome!" fi When I run script, I get following output ./uid: line 3: I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaustubh
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)