Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers what file tells me what happens during boot up unixware7 Post 99631 by dlodato on Monday 20th of February 2006 08:30:47 AM
Old 02-20-2006
what file tells me what happens during boot up unixware7

I am trying to figure out why my server is crashing on startup. Smilie

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

setting ip address on UnixWare7

Help!! I've inherited a UnixWare 7 box to be connected to my network but can't find how to set the ip address. I've used "smit" on AIX and "netsetup" on Tru64, but can't find a similar tool on UW7. I know there has to be an easy way to get it done on UW7. Thanks in advance! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jalburger
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cannot boot - Boot : Panic : File size out of range (EWS-UX/V unix)

Hey ! I am running EWS-UX/V (Rel 4.2) on NEC EWS/4800/330 station and I am having problems rebooting my station : I am getting the following message on display : BOOT : PANIC : File size out of range. According to user guide, this error is occuring when a file exceeding the limit and/or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredo
2 Replies

3. SCO

Failure while installing SCO UNIXWare7.1.4 on vmware workstation9, virtualbox

Sir I am trying to install UnixWare7.1.4 on vmware workstation9, virtualbox and I am getting the following error FATAL BOOT ERROR: decompression failed For installing SCO Unixware7.1.4 I have created virtual harddisk of size 18GB, 1024 RAM, 64bit video memory, chosen unixware7.1.4... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupeshforu3
1 Replies

4. SCO

Requesting procedure to install UNIXware7.1.4 on vmware workstation9.0.2

sir I want to practice sco Unix so I want to install unixware7.1.4 on VMware workstation9.0.2 so kindly suggest the procedure . I have downloaded all the iso images and floppy images and they are working fine. I have basic knowledge about Unix system so if you suggest something I can easily... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

5. SCO

How to add extra memory to root file system in UNIXware7.1.3?

Sir I have installed unixware7.1.3 on vmware workstation previously and I have allotted 8GB to the whole system. I want to add extra space to the existing system by using another virtual harddisk added by using VMware. Kindly suggest the procedure. Regards, Rupesh. (3 Replies)
3 Replies

6. SCO

What is the equivalent command of sysadmsh in UNIXware7.1.3?

Sir I have read the book SCO Unix System Administrators Guide and I have found the command sysadmsh useful for system administration. I have tried the above command in unixware7.1.3 and I got the message command not found. Currently I am running unixware7.1.3 in VmWare WorkStsation10.0. ... (1 Reply)
1 Replies
SYSTEMD-DEBUG-GENERATOR(8)				      systemd-debug-generator					SYSTEMD-DEBUG-GENERATOR(8)

NAME
systemd-debug-generator - Generator for enabling a runtime debug shell and masking specific units at boot SYNOPSIS
/lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-debug-generator DESCRIPTION
systemd-debug-generator is a generator that reads the kernel command line and understands three options: If the systemd.mask= option is specified and followed by a unit name, this unit is masked for the runtime, similar to the effect of systemctl(1)'s mask command. This is useful to boot with certain units removed from the initial boot transaction for debugging system startup. May be specified more than once. If the systemd.wants= option is specified and followed by a unit name, a start job for this unit is added to the initial transaction. This is useful to start one or more additional units at boot. May be specified more than once. If the systemd.debug_shell option is specified, the debug shell service "debug-shell.service" is pulled into the boot transaction. It will spawn a debug shell on tty9 during early system startup. Note that the shell may also be turned on persistently by enabling it with systemctl(1)'s enable command. systemd-debug-generator implements systemd.generator(7). SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemctl(1), kernel-command-line(7) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-DEBUG-GENERATOR(8)