Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Editor dependent error?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Editor dependent error? Post 99408 by vino on Friday 17th of February 2006 12:57:50 AM
Old 02-17-2006
After you ftp the script, do a dos2unix on the script, and then run it.

The reason could be the extra \r characters at the end of each line.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

how can i make two dependent jobs into cron?

Hi all, How can i make two dependent jobs into crontab? means after the first job the second job should run in a single crontab entry in unix. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megh
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

set EDITOR=vi -> default editor not setting for cron tab

Hi All, I am running a script , working very fine on cmd prompt. The problem is that when I open do crontab -e even after setting editor to vi by set EDITOR=vi it does not open a vi editor , rather it do as below..... ///////////////////////////////////////////////////// $ set... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aarora_98
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

getting error when open vi editor

helo I install my product for koren language I m uisng RHEL -4 operating system now problem is whenever I open any file vi filename I got following error on the screen E557: Cannot open termcap file 'vt100' not known. Available builtin terminals are: builtin_ansi ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Terminal too wide error in vi editor.

Hello, I get the error "Terminal too wide" when I use vi editor on a Solaris 10 box. Please help. bash-2.05$ vi rman_backup_prd571.log_20090611 Terminal too wide :q 1 more file to edit:q Regards, Mahive. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahive
1 Replies

5. Slackware

Context dependent symlinks

Ive got multiple PCs, sharing an NFS mounted home dir. For certain apps I would like to keep the config files host specific. Easy solution is to create symlinks to local folders for configs. Ideally I would still want the .config files to reside in the user home folder. Is it possible to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: agentrnge
2 Replies

6. Programming

Machine dependent problems when using Sockets.

I am trying to write code for a client-server scenario using AF_INET sockets.. As is usually the case, everything works fine and dandy on my machine, but gives me the following error at runtime: send: Socket operation on non-socket The error is thrown by the server when trying to send the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab_tall
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX Dependent Module could not be loaded

I am encountering the above error , even after setting the environment variables correctly AFAIK. I've found sources that say LIBPATH is the shared library variable , and others that say LIB_PATH, so I set both: ========================= root@lipossrp01ga: # echo $gtm_dist ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Clovis_Sangrail
6 Replies

8. AIX

Dependent modules libc.a and libpthreads.a

Hello I am trying to install ActivePerl Pro Studio and I am seeing the following errors. Could not load program ./setup: Symbol resolution failed for setup because: Symbol ___memcmp (number 1) is not exported from dependent module /usr/lib/libc.a(shr.o). ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: flagman5
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Is ntpdate command dependent on ntpd?

Hi, Could someone Please clarify me here: Is ntpdate command a part of ntpd, i mean does ntpdate command a dependent on ntpd? and can ntpdate be run in absence of ntpd service. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aksijain
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Vi editor Line too Long Error

My file is 13 mb but it has big long lines. i tried in vain vi -R filename I tried in vainbash: vim: command not found SunOS mymac 5.10 Generic_150400-26 sun4v sparc sun4vCan you please suggest? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
dos2unix(1)							   User Commands						       dos2unix(1)

NAME
dos2unix - convert text file from DOS format to ISO format SYNOPSIS
dos2unix [-ascii] [-iso] [-7] [-437 | -850 | -860 | -863 | -865] originalfile convertedfile DESCRIPTION
The dos2unix utility converts characters in the DOS extended character set to the corresponding ISO standard characters. This command can be invoked from either DOS or SunOS. However, the filenames must conform to the conventions of the environment in which the command is invoked. If the original file and the converted file are the same, dos2unix will rewrite the original file after converting it. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -ascii Removes extra carriage returns and converts end of file characters in DOS format text files to conform to SunOS requirements. -iso This is the default. It converts characters in the DOS extended character set to the corresponding ISO standard characters. -7 Converts 8 bit DOS graphics characters to 7 bit space characters so that SunOS can read the file. On non-i386 systems, dos2unix will attempt to obtain the keyboard type to determine which code page to use. Otherwise, the default is US. The user may override the code page with one of the following options: -437 Use US code page -850 Use multilingual code page -860 Use Portuguese code page -863 Use French Canadian code page -865 Use Danish code page OPERANDS
The following operands are required: originalfile The original file in DOS format that is being converted to ISO format. convertedfile The new file in ISO format that has been converted from the original DOS file format. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
unix2dos(1), ls(1), attributes(5) DIAGNOSTICS
File filename not found, or no read permission The input file you specified does not exist, or you do not have read permission. Check with the SunOS command, ls -l (see ls(1)). Bad output filename filename, or no write permission The output file you specified is either invalid, or you do not have write permission for that file or the directory that contains it. Check also that the drive or diskette is not write-protected. Error while writing to temporary file An error occurred while converting your file, possibly because there is not enough space on the current drive. Check the amount of space on the current drive using the DIR command. Also be certain that the default diskette or drive is write-enabled (not write-pro- tected). Notice that when this error occurs, the original file remains intact. Translated temporary file name = filename. Could not rename temporary file to filename. The program could not perform the final step in converting your file. Your converted file is stored under the name indicated on the second line of this message. SunOS 5.11 14 Sep 2000 dos2unix(1)