Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Numeric CHMOD for .js files
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Numeric CHMOD for .js files Post 98828 by Texan on Saturday 11th of February 2006 05:15:27 PM
Old 02-11-2006
Understood

Thank you both for the clarification,
and way more thanks for the
in-depth explanation.

Line upon line ...

Thank you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ls and chmod numeric permissions

Hello, When I do a "ls -l" I can see my directories have drwxr-xr-xr. I am more used to the chmod numerical syntax like 755. Is there an easy way to list out the numerical permissions rather than rwx etc. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rondebbs
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

chmod command for recently modified files

hello! is there a way for me to use the chmod command to change permissions for several files all at once -based on the fact that these files were all most recently modified TODAY ? I can't use a wildcard on their filenames because the filenames are varied. But I was hoping I could somehow do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: polka_friend
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

users need to chmod on newly ftp'd files

Is there a way to specify 774 permissions for a file uploaded to an app server via ftp without the users logging in and doing a chmod on the file they just put? I understand they were doing this with an old shared account, and it was working. When they started using their own accounts it stopped... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jgentile
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with chmod (files only)

hello, i want to chmod 444 all files in a directory, files in subdirs cannot be chmoded same goes for the subdirs themself. So using: chmod -R 444 /dir/ won't work because it will chmod the directorys and files (together with files in subdirectorys) I figured out how to chmod files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TehOne
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

chmod for files and directories

Hi, OS - Unix, linux (all unix flavors) My requirement. To check directory/file exists and then change the permission of the directories/files. Iam trying to start with directory and here is my code in the file totalchange.sh (insideragain - is a directory, test1.txt - is a file under the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenkanya
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

chmod a lot of files

So i have about 600gb of data.. in which there are alot of directories and alot of files.. Im trying to put this on a ftp server.. So i want to set the permissions on the directories to be 755 and the permission on the files to be 644. So i used: find . -type d -exec chmod 755 {}\; and find .... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: supermiguel
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

chmod for great number of files

Hi all, I have a script who generate as an output a lot of files (the number is highly variable : 500 to more than 10000). At the end of this script I need to do a "chmod" on all those files. I tried but it says -bash: /bin/chmod: Argument list too long So it seems that chmod can't... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Moumou
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

chmod on 690k files

I have a folder that contains about 690k files and I need to change their permissions. The challenge is, I have no telnet access and the GUI FTP manager via cpanel just simply fails. I tried doing it via command line ftp but that too, fails saying 'no such file or directory'. My last resort is... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: designflaw
11 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

What is the difference between chmod in solaris and chmod in Linux?

i think it is the same in both... Iam i right? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumaiya
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Chmod list of files

Hi, I have a list of files in a text file. I want to change the mode of every one of those files, but am having difficulty in doing so. #!/bin/bash files=/home/david/files.txt for $item in $files { chmod 640 $item } .. doesn't cut it. Can anyone help? Thanks. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: davidm123SED
7 Replies
DH_SPHINXDOC(1) 						     Debhelper							   DH_SPHINXDOC(1)

NAME
dh_sphinxdoc - helps with packaging Sphinx-generated documentation SYNOPSIS
dh_sphinxdoc [debhelper options] [-Xitem] [directory...] DESCRIPTION
dh_sphinxdoc is a debhelper program that prepares Sphinx-generated documentation for inclusion in a Debian package. More specifically: o It checks if all the files referenced by searchindex.js exist. o It replaces known *.js files with symlinks to /usr/share/javascript/sphinxdoc/ and generates ${sphinxdoc:Depends} substitution variable. o It removes the .doctrees directory. o It removes the .buildinfo file. o It removes the websupport.js file. OPTIONS
directory By default, dh_sphinxdoc scans your package looking for directories looking like they contain Sphinx-generated documentation. However, if you explicitly provide one or more directories, only they will be processed. -Xitem, --exclude=item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from being symlinked, removed or checked for existence. BUGS
Symlinking translations.js and non-English searchtools.js is not supported. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7), dh(1). This program is meant to be used together with debhelper. AUTHOR
Jakub Wilk <jwilk@debian.org> 2012-02-05 DH_SPHINXDOC(1)