Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: new bie questions
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers new bie questions Post 98678 by gauri on Friday 10th of February 2006 12:02:15 AM
Old 02-10-2006
thansk a lot , it is working. i am able to clean all ipcs

Regards
Gauri

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

C questions

What does "extern" do? ex. extern int x; and another question, what about using static in functions? like: static void foo(), why? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Esaia
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

few new bie questions related to gdb , telnet

Hi All, 1. how to what is the current line we are executing. List command will display the 10 lines by default. 2. how to put a pointer to the current excuting line when executing the list. 2. if i have set one break point and i want to set 2nd break point do i need to delete the first break... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gauri
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Just a few questions.

Hi everyone im new to this forums, i just wanted to get started by asking a few question(Im a Unix newbie) 1. How do i sort a file called "dirr" in a ascending order on the 3rd column 2. what does alias on=who do Thanks in advance!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Da Paper
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

can any one help me out this questions.....

How do you locate all nonblank lines that don't begin with #, /* ,or // ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pulsar2587
3 Replies

5. Programming

two questions

hey all, I have question when am writing simple shell... in the child am calling execvp, i want the parent to know when execvp returns - 1. how can i let the parent know the result of execvp thanks in advance (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: joey
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A complete New Bie Here

Hello Guys I am a complete New bie in UNIX ( Just know a few of the commands ). Please guide how should I learn Unix In a proper way . I am doing a job, so i will have to do the study at home . Which books , Links, Pages you will suggest me so that i can learn UNIX fast . Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: supercops
5 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Print questions from a questions folder in a sequential order

1.) I am to write scripts that will be phasetest folder in the home directory. 2.) The folder should have a set-up,phase and display files I have written a small script which i used to check for the existing users and their password. What I need help with: I have a set of questions in a... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: moraks007
19 Replies

8. IP Networking

New-Bie doubt in TCP-IP 3 way hand shake

from my understanding step 1: From device A to device B , sending SYN. SYN=1 ACK=0 Ackno=0 Sequence number=2000 step 2: from device B to A , sending SYN-ACK SYN=1 ACK=1 ACKno=2001 Sequence number= 5000 Step :3 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: baker
4 Replies
IPCS(1) 							   User Commands							   IPCS(1)

NAME
ipcs - show information on IPC facilities SYNOPSIS
ipcs [options] DESCRIPTION
ipcs shows information on the inter-process communication facilities for which the calling process has read access. By default it shows information about all three resources: shared memory segments, message queues, and semaphore arrays. OPTIONS
-i, --id id Show full details on just the one resource element identified by id. This option needs to be combined with one of the three resource options: -m, -q or -s. -h, --help Display help text and exit. -V, --version Display version information and exit. Resource options -m, --shmems Write information about active shared memory segments. -q, --queues Write information about active message queues. -s, --semaphores Write information about active semaphore sets. -a, --all Write information about all three resources (default). Output formats Of these options only one takes effect: the last one specified. -c, --creator Show creator and owner. -l, --limits Show resource limits. -p, --pid Show PIDs of creator and last operator. -t, --time Write time information. The time of the last control operation that changed the access permissions for all facilities, the time of the last msgsnd(2) and msgrcv(2) operations on message queues, the time of the last shmat(2) and shmdt(2) operations on shared mem- ory, and the time of the last semop(2) operation on semaphores. -u, --summary Show status summary. Representation These affect only the -l (--limits) option. -b, --bytes Print sizes in bytes. --human Print sizes in human-readable format. SEE ALSO
ipcmk(1), ipcrm(1), msgrcv(2), msgsnd(2), semget(2), semop(2), shmat(2), shmdt(2), shmget(2) CONFORMING TO
The Linux ipcs utility is not fully compatible to the POSIX ipcs utility. The Linux version does not support the POSIX -a, -b and -o options, but does support the -l and -u options not defined by POSIX. A portable application shall not use the -a, -b, -o, -l, and -u options. AUTHOR
Krishna Balasubramanian <balasub@cis.ohio-state.edu> AVAILABILITY
The ipcs command is part of the util-linux package and is available from Linux Kernel Archive <https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util- linux/>. util-linux July 2014 IPCS(1)