Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: new bie questions
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers new bie questions Post 98535 by vino on Thursday 9th of February 2006 01:54:47 AM
Old 02-09-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by gauri
1. how to clean ipcs if I reboot the system it is cleaned but can I do that with out rebooting the system
See man ipcrm

To remove a shared memory id, you would use

Code:
ipcrm -m shmid

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

C questions

What does "extern" do? ex. extern int x; and another question, what about using static in functions? like: static void foo(), why? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Esaia
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

few new bie questions related to gdb , telnet

Hi All, 1. how to what is the current line we are executing. List command will display the 10 lines by default. 2. how to put a pointer to the current excuting line when executing the list. 2. if i have set one break point and i want to set 2nd break point do i need to delete the first break... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gauri
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Just a few questions.

Hi everyone im new to this forums, i just wanted to get started by asking a few question(Im a Unix newbie) 1. How do i sort a file called "dirr" in a ascending order on the 3rd column 2. what does alias on=who do Thanks in advance!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Da Paper
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

can any one help me out this questions.....

How do you locate all nonblank lines that don't begin with #, /* ,or // ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pulsar2587
3 Replies

5. Programming

two questions

hey all, I have question when am writing simple shell... in the child am calling execvp, i want the parent to know when execvp returns - 1. how can i let the parent know the result of execvp thanks in advance (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: joey
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A complete New Bie Here

Hello Guys I am a complete New bie in UNIX ( Just know a few of the commands ). Please guide how should I learn Unix In a proper way . I am doing a job, so i will have to do the study at home . Which books , Links, Pages you will suggest me so that i can learn UNIX fast . Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: supercops
5 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Print questions from a questions folder in a sequential order

1.) I am to write scripts that will be phasetest folder in the home directory. 2.) The folder should have a set-up,phase and display files I have written a small script which i used to check for the existing users and their password. What I need help with: I have a set of questions in a... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: moraks007
19 Replies

8. IP Networking

New-Bie doubt in TCP-IP 3 way hand shake

from my understanding step 1: From device A to device B , sending SYN. SYN=1 ACK=0 Ackno=0 Sequence number=2000 step 2: from device B to A , sending SYN-ACK SYN=1 ACK=1 ACKno=2001 Sequence number= 5000 Step :3 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: baker
4 Replies
IPCRM(8)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							  IPCRM(8)

NAME
ipcrm - remove a message queue, semaphore set or shared memory id SYNOPSIS
ipcrm [ -M key | -m id | -Q key | -q id | -S key | -s id ] ... deprecated usage ipcrm [ shm | msg | sem ] id ... DESCRIPTION
ipcrm removes System V interprocess communication (IPC) objects and associated data structures from the system. In order to delete such objects, you must be superuser, or the creator or owner of the object. System V IPC objects are of three types: shared memory, message queues, and semaphores. Deletion of a message queue or semaphore object is immediate (regardless of whether any process still holds an IPC identifier for the object). A shared memory object is only removed after all currently attached processes have detached (shmdt(2)) the object from their virtual address space. Two syntax styles are supported. The old Linux historical syntax specifies a three letter keyword indicating which class of object is to be deleted, followed by one or more IPC identifiers for objects of this type. The SUS-compliant syntax allows the specification of zero or more objects of all three types in a single command line, with objects speci- fied either by key or by identifier. (See below.) Both keys and identifiers may be specified in decimal, hexadecimal (specified with an initial '0x' or '0X'), or octal (specified with an initial '0'). OPTIONS
-M shmkey removes the shared memory segment created with shmkey after the last detach is performed. -m shmid removes the shared memory segment identified by shmid after the last detach is performed. -Q msgkey removes the message queue created with msgkey. -q msgid removes the message queue identified by msgid. -S semkey removes the semaphore created with semkey. -s semid removes the semaphore identified by semid. The details of the removes are described in msgctl(2), shmctl(2), and semctl(2). The identifiers and keys may be found by using ipcs(8). NOTES
In its first Linux implementation, ipcrm used the deprecated syntax shown in the SYNOPSIS. Functionality present in other *nix implementa- tions of ipcrm has since been added, namely the ability to delete resources by key (not just identifier), and to respect the same command- line syntax. For backward compatibility the previous syntax is still supported. SEE ALSO
ipcs(8), msgctl(2), msgget(2), semctl(2), semget(2), shmctl(2), shmdt(2), shmget(2), ftok(3) ipcrm last change: 19 March 2002 IPCRM(8)