Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with log manipulation
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with log manipulation Post 97585 by zazzybob on Tuesday 31st of January 2006 07:15:50 PM
Old 01-31-2006
Assuming there are no blank lines in the logfile between records
Code:
sed -n '/^JobID: 0/ {N;N;d;}; p' steve.txt

EDIT: Posted at *exactly* the same time as Perderabo Smilie Except mine has a superfluous -n and p Smilie

Cheers
ZB

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

manipulation

hi, i have got a table with n number of rows and 2 columns..how can i get get 1 row at a time using any unix command without copying to any file? Thanks and Regards vivek.s (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivekshankar
13 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

More log manipulation

wasn't sure if this should have a new thread since I'm still working on the same job I asked a question about earlier. But it's a different problem/question so I guess it deserves a new thread.... I have a log with roughly 10000 lines in it, each one has a timestamp. The problem is, the time... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: StevePace
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

File manipulation

To all Guru I have a file like test.txt 111,122,212,123 data11,date12, data13, data14...data1n data21,date22, data23, data24...data2n data31,date32, data33, data34...data3n ... ... .. datan1,daten2, datan3, datan4...datann END I have to load this data into oracle , where first... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: u263066
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File Manipulation

i have a CSV file with 2 columns Fund,Shares 1,100 2,150 3,190 The file is named as AccountNumber.txt(14888.txt,189879.txt...) That files shows the funds in that account I want to create a flat file with accountnumber as one more column since i need accountnumber also.The accoutnnumber... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kris01752
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text Manipulation.

Hi I have only ever used awk and sed for basic requirements up until now. I have had to break a log down for multiple purposes. Using awk, sed and a date script. I am left with this: (message id, time of msg attempt, message id, domain name, time of msg completion) ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Icepick
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help in time manipulation

i have a script that gives the last time the data is inserted in a file. i want to check the time difference b/w the sytem time and the time in file. for e,g. if script runs at 3.30.So $a=3.30 and the time in file is 3.00.So $time =3.00 then the time difference should be 30 min...... ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

string manipulation

Hi, I have a file with rows of text like so : E100005568374098100000015667 D100005568374032000000112682 H100005228374060800000002430 I need to grab just the last digits(bolded) of each line without the proceeding text/numbers. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: james6
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

String manipulation

Hi, i am just gettin exposed to UNIX. Could anyone of u help me out with dis problem..? i have a variable 'act' which has the value as follows, echo $act gives -0- -0- -----0---- 2008-06-04 -0- -0- echo "$act" | awk '{print ($act)}' gives, -0- -0- -----0---- 2008-06-04 -0- -0- I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerrynimrod
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log File Manipulation

I have a log file which keeps on updating. What I need to do is write a different script, which could moniter the log file continously, and email some stakeholders if some error has occured.. log file gets a message from various sources, and after getting/processing the message, prints an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mukeshguliao
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data manipulation, Please help..

Hello, I have a huge set of data that needs to be reformatted. Here is a simple example to explain the process. I have number n=5 and a input with many numbers separated with comma: ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: liuzhencc
11 Replies
grablogs.conf(4)						   File Formats 						  grablogs.conf(4)

NAME
grablogs.conf - grablogs configuration for libgrablogs.so of the plugins of gnome-system-log file SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/gnome-system-log/plugins/grablogs.conf DESCRIPTION
The libgrablogs.so is a plugin for gnome-system-log(1), it colloct the log files from the system as many as possible. grablogs.conf is a configuration file that contains a set of lines mixed with sh(1) syntax codes and individual log files. libgrablogs.so will read the file try to get a log files list for gnome-system-log(1). Users can copy the file into $HOME/.gnome2/gnome-system-log/plugins/`uname -p` to overwrite the system default one. The grablogs.conf file contains the following configuration categories: [configs] Each line under this category is interpreted as a config file of System. The plugin will open the config file and try to find all system paths of the logs. [commands] Each line under this category is interpreted as a shell command and will be execute through a pipe. And each line of the out- put of the command will be interpreted as a log path. [logs] Each line under this category is interpreted as a log path. FILES
/usr/lib/gnome-system-log/plugins/grablogs.conf The system default configuration file for the plugin libgrablogs.so $HOME/.gnome2/gnome-system-log/plugins/`uname -p`/grablogs.conf The user specific configuration file for the plugin libgrablogs.so EMAMPLE
[configs] /etc/syslog.conf [commands] for i in `svcs -aH -o FMRI | grep -v lrc `; do svcprop -p restarter/logfile $i 2>/dev/null || svcprop -q -p restarter/alt_logfile $i 2>/dev/null ; done [logs] /var/log/messages /var/log/secure /var/log/maillog /var/log/cron /var/log/Xorg.0.log /var/log/XFree86.0.log /var/log/auth.log /var/log/cups/error_log SEE ALSO
gnome-system-log(1), pipelog.conf(1) gnome-utils 2.16.0 13 Oct 2006 grablogs.conf(4)