Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mysql in redhat
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers mysql in redhat Post 9647 by PxT on Wednesday 31st of October 2001 03:00:27 PM
Old 10-31-2001
touch /var/log/mysqld.log

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mysql installation error using redhat 7.2

i am a newbie to unix admin stuff so bare with me. -- i get this message when executing mysql_install_db during the installation of mysql. what is the cause of this and how can it be fixed. btw - i have tried installing as root and other accounts also. scripts/mysql_install_db:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: theDirtiest
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

MYSQL command to take a backup of the database in Redhat linux 7.2

I am new to mysql database , we have a mysql database running on linux , and we use mysql database for bugzilla, so we wanted to take a backup . what is the command for taking the entire database backup from the command prompt with all options. Thanks in advance Bache Gowda (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
4 Replies

3. Web Development

Unkown table Engine 'InnoDB' on a RedHat server with MySQL v5!

hi all, After installing MySQL Source Code on my RedHat machine and compiling it, i no longer have access to some of my DBs having this error message. Unkown table Engine 'InnoDB' Before this step, i used to have another MySQL instance that used to work properly with all the DBs i do have,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehdi1973
7 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

MySQL Daemon failed to start - no mysql.sock file

After doing a yum install mysql mysql-server on Fedora 14 I wasn't able to fully install the packages correctly. It installed MySQL 5.1. I was getting the following error when running the: mysql ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jastanle84
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

configuring MYsql db on redhat cluster

Hello, can someone please suggest me in configuring the mysql db on redhat cluster, I have few questions. 1. where do I have to configure heart beat links, and is there any file in the redhat cluster that we update it to use these ipaddress and these interface on the node. 2. I am configuring... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sort command results are different in Redhat 4 vs Redhat 5

Hi, I am having a text file with the following contents ########### File1 ########### some page1.txt text page.txt When I sort this file on Red Hat 5, then I get the following output ########### File1 ########### page1.txt page.txt some (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
3 Replies
grablogs.conf(4)						   File Formats 						  grablogs.conf(4)

NAME
grablogs.conf - grablogs configuration for libgrablogs.so of the plugins of gnome-system-log file SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/gnome-system-log/plugins/grablogs.conf DESCRIPTION
The libgrablogs.so is a plugin for gnome-system-log(1), it colloct the log files from the system as many as possible. grablogs.conf is a configuration file that contains a set of lines mixed with sh(1) syntax codes and individual log files. libgrablogs.so will read the file try to get a log files list for gnome-system-log(1). Users can copy the file into $HOME/.gnome2/gnome-system-log/plugins/`uname -p` to overwrite the system default one. The grablogs.conf file contains the following configuration categories: [configs] Each line under this category is interpreted as a config file of System. The plugin will open the config file and try to find all system paths of the logs. [commands] Each line under this category is interpreted as a shell command and will be execute through a pipe. And each line of the out- put of the command will be interpreted as a log path. [logs] Each line under this category is interpreted as a log path. FILES
/usr/lib/gnome-system-log/plugins/grablogs.conf The system default configuration file for the plugin libgrablogs.so $HOME/.gnome2/gnome-system-log/plugins/`uname -p`/grablogs.conf The user specific configuration file for the plugin libgrablogs.so EMAMPLE
[configs] /etc/syslog.conf [commands] for i in `svcs -aH -o FMRI | grep -v lrc `; do svcprop -p restarter/logfile $i 2>/dev/null || svcprop -q -p restarter/alt_logfile $i 2>/dev/null ; done [logs] /var/log/messages /var/log/secure /var/log/maillog /var/log/cron /var/log/Xorg.0.log /var/log/XFree86.0.log /var/log/auth.log /var/log/cups/error_log SEE ALSO
gnome-system-log(1), pipelog.conf(1) gnome-utils 2.16.0 13 Oct 2006 grablogs.conf(4)