Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Unable to send mail - but no errors found :-( Post 96461 by zazzybob on Friday 20th of January 2006 06:21:32 AM
Old 01-20-2006
Are you trying to send mail out from the box or just locally? Which MTA are you using? Postfix? Sendmail? Exim?

Cheers
ZB

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

unable to send mail?

i am trying to execute the below script for sending mails from unix MAIL1="xyz@yahoo.com" mailx -s "hi" $MAIL1<message.txt if then echo "failure" else echo "success" fi but iam unable to send this eventhough iam getting success in the output if i logout and login i have a "you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shahnazurs
1 Replies

2. AIX

unable to send mail

hi, I have tried this code to send mail.Its not giving me error but I am not receiving mail also. #!/bin/ksh echo "The first mail" >msg cnt=`cat /dir1/msg | wc -l` if then mail -s "Hello" abc.xyz@domain.com < msg fi I have also tried with the command mailx -s "hello"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: monika
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to send a mail

Hi, I have been trying to send a mail from a remote site using this script To send the mail: #!/bin/ksh MAILTO="abc@xyz.com" BACKUPDIR="/wls_domains/wli81_1/RHTEAM/OUTPUTBACKUP/" #BACKUPDIR="../OUTPUTBACKUP/" while ; do print $1 uuencode $1 $1 | mail $MAILTO ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: monicaminj2000
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Unable to send mail

Hey guys i got this error my logs - I ping 127.0.0.1 and it says that its alive - I checked sendmail and it is running - I tried to send a test email but nothing happens it seems that it hangs - What is the possible cause of this? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbn
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Unable to send mail

hi all i got two server, mercury and procyon mercury can send email but procyon cannot below is their syslog mercury: Jul 6 13:17:17 mercury sendmail: n665HGXg006886: to =<leecw@domain.com>, ctladdr=<ora10g@mercury.domain.com> (4001/101), d elay=00:00:01, xdelay=00:00:01,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to automatically send a mail alert if the script errors out

I have a script like this, which calls other scripts from that script: #!/usr/ksh moveFiles.sh extract.sh readfile=/home/sample.txt cat $readfile | while read line do file= `echo $line|awk '{print $4}'` if ; then mv $file /home/temp_stage fi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss3944
4 Replies

7. AIX

Unable to send mail.. Need experts Help..

i'm having accounts in 2 servers..1 is a AIX server and other is solaris..both are under same domain,say a.X.com and b.X.com.. from my solaris account i'm able to send mails to any ids.. but in case of my Aix account i'm just able to receive mails tat too either from other accounts in the same AIX... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kannangce
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Unable to send mail through mailx

Hi, I am using solaris 5.9 OS and I am facing an issues with mailx. My SMTP port is configured to listen 6190 and not the default one which is 25. I can send mail to my inbox when i do it manually through the following steps root@<dbname> # telnet 15.12.88.10 6190 Trying 15.12.88.10...... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Srinathkiru
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to send mail

Hi friends I am trying to send mail through a unix server. I am using following command mailx -s "THIS IS TEST" jhon@gmail.com Whenever i am typing the above command it is going to next line when i press @ on unix server prompt. so it is taking this command as following mailx -s "THIS... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nakul_sh
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to send mail with 'mail' command

I am unable to cause the 'mail' command to send mail from my linux ubuntu 15.10 computer. File 'mail.log' typically reports Connection timed out. I issue the command: mail -s "my subject" recipient@domain.com < filenamewhere filename is a file containing my message. Specifically, the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tcnm
3 Replies
SHOWQ(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  SHOWQ(8)

NAME
showq - list the Postfix mail queue SYNOPSIS
showq [generic Postfix daemon options] DESCRIPTION
The showq daemon reports the Postfix mail queue status. It is the program that emulates the sendmail `mailq' command. The showq daemon can also be run in stand-alone mode by the super-user. This mode of operation is used to emulate the `mailq' command while the Postfix mail system is down. SECURITY
The showq daemon can run in a chroot jail at fixed low privilege, and takes no input from the client. Its service port is accessible to local untrusted users, so the service can be susceptible to denial of service attacks. STANDARDS
None. The showq daemon does not interact with the outside world. DIAGNOSTICS
Problems and transactions are logged to syslogd(8). BUGS
The showq daemon runs at a fixed low privilege; consequently, it cannot extract information from queue files in the maildrop directory. SEE ALSO
cleanup(8) canonicalize and enqueue mail pickup(8) local mail pickup service qmgr(8) mail being delivered, delayed mail syslogd(8) system logging LICENSE
The Secure Mailer license must be distributed with this software. AUTHOR(S) Wietse Venema IBM T.J. Watson Research P.O. Box 704 Yorktown Heights, NY 10598, USA SHOWQ(8)