Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting split process files in parallel and rejoin Post 95418 by xiamin on Wednesday 11th of January 2006 06:24:15 AM
Old 01-11-2006
Hi Vino

Nope its not a school assignement problem :-).I am sorry if my wordings sounded like that.

I knwo that we can submit the jobs in background using the & commnad but how do we monitor each job ?

something like job -l and then what how do i know if it sucesfully completed or not if it failed which is the one that failed.

regards
Hrishy

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

killing parallel oracle process

Hi guys: I have a an oracle job which uses 10 parallel hints and would like to killit when it hangs. I want to kill all the processes that have been spawned. what I do right now is get the pid of the scheduler process which initiated theis job and the do a ps -ef| grep 'pid' and trace through... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oracle8
1 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

How can i see if a unix Process Aplication i.e oracle is running in parallel

There is a unix process process in oracle running and i see running by typing ps -fea|grep GE_CLIENTES. The question is How can i see if this process is running in paralel. I dont know with a Unix command or specifically its a comand from Oracle. I kow a Parallel process ia a process that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alexcol
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parallel process in Perl

HI All, I have scenerio where I need to call sub modules through for loop for (i=0; i<8000 ;i++) { .. BLOCKA } BLOCKA { .. .. subroutine 1; subroutine 2; } I want this to be run in parallel process1 BLOCKA { (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvk25
6 Replies

4. Programming

Parallel process in java

Hello; Please Are both threads execute in parallel? Thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running parallel process

i am having 4 process,have to run parallel and not after one by one. sample1.sh sample2.sh sample3.sh sample4.sh Thanks in advance. i (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagar_1986
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make process parallel

Hi, I have a file which has a list of 200 tables e.g: table.txt I need to do a count for each table and store it in a file. So I did something like this: for TABLE in `cat table.txt` do T_CNT=$(sqlplus -s -l / as sysdba <<EOF set echo off heading off feadback off SELECT count(*) FROM... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wahi80
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Process split files with same name by group

File examples f17_mar_01_02_03_04_fsw1.xml f17_mar_01_02_03_04_fsw2.xml f17_mar_01_02_03_04_fsw3.xml f17_feb_13_20_49_06_fsw1.xml f17_feb_13_20_49_06_fsw2.xml f17_feb_13_20_49_06_fsw3.xml I have many xml files that are grouped with same file name, but are numbered from 1-to-many... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aachave1
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring processes in parallel and process log file after process exits

I am writing a script to kick off a process to gather logs on multiple nodes in parallel using "&". These processes create individual log files. Which I would like to filter and convert in CSV format after they are complete. I am facing following issues: 1. Monitor all Processes parallelly.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shunya
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Split and Rename Split Files

Hello, I need to split a file by number of records and rename each split file with actual filename pre-pended with 3 digit split number. What I have tried is the below command with 2 digit numeric value split -l 3 -d abc.txt F (# Will Produce split Files as F00 F01 F02) How to produce... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: techedipro
19 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Automate splitting of files , scp files as each split completes and combine files on target server

i use the split command to split a one terabyte backup file into 10 chunks of 100 GB each. The files are split one after the other. While the files is being split, I will like to scp the files one after the other as soon as the previous one completes, from server A to Server B. Then on server B ,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaika
2 Replies
TRACE-CMD-SPLIT(1)														TRACE-CMD-SPLIT(1)

NAME
trace-cmd-split - split a trace.dat file into smaller files SYNOPSIS
trace-cmd split [OPTIONS] [start-time [end-time]] DESCRIPTION
The trace-cmd(1) split is used to break up a trace.dat into small files. The start-time specifies where the new file will start at. Using trace-cmd-report(1) and copying the time stamp given at a particular event, can be used as input for either start-time or end-time. The split will stop creating files when it reaches an event after end-time. If only the end-time is needed, use 0.0 as the start-time. If start-time is left out, then the split will start at the beginning of the file. If end-time is left out, then split will continue to the end unless it meets one of the requirements specified by the options. OPTIONS
-i file If this option is not specified, then the split command will look for the file named trace.dat. This options will allow the reading of another file other than trace.dat. -o file By default, the split command will use the input file name as a basis of where to write the split files. The output file will be the input file with an attached '.#' to the end: trace.dat.1, trace.dat.2, etc. This option will change the name of the base file used. -o file will create file.1, file.2, etc. -s seconds This specifies how many seconds should be recorded before the new file should stop. -m milliseconds This specifies how many milliseconds should be recorded before the new file should stop. -u microseconds This specifies how many microseconds should be recorded before the new file should stop. -e events This specifies how many events should be recorded before the new file should stop. -p pages This specifies the number of pages that should be recorded before the new file should stop. Note: only one of *-p*, *-e*, *-u*, *-m*, *-s* may be specified at a time. If *-p* is specified, then *-c* is automatically set. -r This option causes the break up to repeat until end-time is reached (or end of the input if end-time is not specified). trace-cmd split -r -e 10000 This will break up trace.dat into several smaller files, each with at most 10,000 events in it. -c This option causes the above break up to be per CPU. trace-cmd split -c -p 10 This will create a file that has 10 pages per each CPU from the input. SEE ALSO
trace-cmd(1), trace-cmd-record(1), trace-cmd-report(1), trace-cmd-start(1), trace-cmd-stop(1), trace-cmd-extract(1), trace-cmd-reset(1), trace-cmd-list(1), trace-cmd-listen(1) AUTHOR
Written by Steven Rostedt, <rostedt@goodmis.org[1]> RESOURCES
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rostedt/trace-cmd.git COPYING
Copyright (C) 2010 Red Hat, Inc. Free use of this software is granted under the terms of the GNU Public License (GPL). NOTES
1. rostedt@goodmis.org mailto:rostedt@goodmis.org 06/11/2014 TRACE-CMD-SPLIT(1)