Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting split process files in parallel and rejoin Post 95418 by xiamin on Wednesday 11th of January 2006 06:24:15 AM
Old 01-11-2006
Hi Vino

Nope its not a school assignement problem :-).I am sorry if my wordings sounded like that.

I knwo that we can submit the jobs in background using the & commnad but how do we monitor each job ?

something like job -l and then what how do i know if it sucesfully completed or not if it failed which is the one that failed.

regards
Hrishy

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

killing parallel oracle process

Hi guys: I have a an oracle job which uses 10 parallel hints and would like to killit when it hangs. I want to kill all the processes that have been spawned. what I do right now is get the pid of the scheduler process which initiated theis job and the do a ps -ef| grep 'pid' and trace through... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oracle8
1 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

How can i see if a unix Process Aplication i.e oracle is running in parallel

There is a unix process process in oracle running and i see running by typing ps -fea|grep GE_CLIENTES. The question is How can i see if this process is running in paralel. I dont know with a Unix command or specifically its a comand from Oracle. I kow a Parallel process ia a process that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alexcol
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parallel process in Perl

HI All, I have scenerio where I need to call sub modules through for loop for (i=0; i<8000 ;i++) { .. BLOCKA } BLOCKA { .. .. subroutine 1; subroutine 2; } I want this to be run in parallel process1 BLOCKA { (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvk25
6 Replies

4. Programming

Parallel process in java

Hello; Please Are both threads execute in parallel? Thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running parallel process

i am having 4 process,have to run parallel and not after one by one. sample1.sh sample2.sh sample3.sh sample4.sh Thanks in advance. i (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagar_1986
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make process parallel

Hi, I have a file which has a list of 200 tables e.g: table.txt I need to do a count for each table and store it in a file. So I did something like this: for TABLE in `cat table.txt` do T_CNT=$(sqlplus -s -l / as sysdba <<EOF set echo off heading off feadback off SELECT count(*) FROM... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wahi80
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Process split files with same name by group

File examples f17_mar_01_02_03_04_fsw1.xml f17_mar_01_02_03_04_fsw2.xml f17_mar_01_02_03_04_fsw3.xml f17_feb_13_20_49_06_fsw1.xml f17_feb_13_20_49_06_fsw2.xml f17_feb_13_20_49_06_fsw3.xml I have many xml files that are grouped with same file name, but are numbered from 1-to-many... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aachave1
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring processes in parallel and process log file after process exits

I am writing a script to kick off a process to gather logs on multiple nodes in parallel using "&". These processes create individual log files. Which I would like to filter and convert in CSV format after they are complete. I am facing following issues: 1. Monitor all Processes parallelly.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shunya
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Split and Rename Split Files

Hello, I need to split a file by number of records and rename each split file with actual filename pre-pended with 3 digit split number. What I have tried is the below command with 2 digit numeric value split -l 3 -d abc.txt F (# Will Produce split Files as F00 F01 F02) How to produce... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: techedipro
19 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Automate splitting of files , scp files as each split completes and combine files on target server

i use the split command to split a one terabyte backup file into 10 chunks of 100 GB each. The files are split one after the other. While the files is being split, I will like to scp the files one after the other as soon as the previous one completes, from server A to Server B. Then on server B ,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaika
2 Replies
stopping(7)						 Miscellaneous Information Manual					       stopping(7)

NAME
       stopping - event signalling that a job is stopping

SYNOPSIS
       stopping JOB=JOB INSTANCE=INSTANCE RESULT=RESULT [PROCESS=PROCESS] [EXIT_STATUS=STATUS] [EXIT_SIGNAL=SIGNAL] [ENV]...

DESCRIPTION
       The stopping event is generated by the Upstart init(8) daemon when an instance of a job begins stopping.  The JOB environment variable con-
       tains the job name, and the INSTANCE environment variable contains the instance name which will be empty for single-instance jobs.

If the job is stopping normally, the RESULT environment variable will be ok, otherwise if the job is stopping because it has failed it will
       be failed.

When  the  job  has  failed, the process that failed will be given in the PROCESS environment variable.	This may be pre-start, post-start,
       main, pre-stop or post-stop; it may also be the special value respawn to indicate that the job is  stopping  because  it  hit  the  respawn
       limit.

Finally	in  the  case  of  a  failed job, one of either EXIT_STATUS or EXIT_SIGNAL may be given to indicate the cause of the stop.  Either
       EXIT_STATUS will contain the exit status code of the process, or EXIT_SIGNAL will contain the name of the signal that the process received.
       The  normal  exit  job  configuration stanza can be used to prevent particular exit status values or signals resulting in a failed job, see
       init(5) for more information.

If neither EXIT_STATUS or EXIT_SIGNAL is given for a failed process, it is because the process failed  to  spawn  (for  example,  file  not
       found).	See the system logs for the error.

init(8)	will  wait  for  all  services	started by this event to be running, all tasks started by this event to have finished and all jobs
       stopped by this event to be stopped before allowing the job to continue stopping.

This allows jobs to depend on other jobs, safely stopping themselves before their dependency goes away.	This event is  typically  combined
       with the started(7) event by services.

Job  configuration files may use the export stanza to export environment variables from their own environment into the stopping event.  See
       init(5) for more details.

EXAMPLE
       A service that wishes to depend on another service might use:

start on started apache
	      stop on stopping apache

A task that must be run before another task or service is stopped might use:

start on stopping postgresql RESULT=ok

SEE ALSO
       starting(7) started(7) stopped(7) init(5)

Upstart 							    2009-07-09							       stopping(7)