Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: cdrom, short file name
Operating Systems Solaris cdrom, short file name Post 95083 by MuellerUrs on Friday 6th of January 2006 09:17:06 AM
Old 01-06-2006
the cd-rom will be mounted automaticly. Where is the definition of them?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

short banner

how to add a (sb) short banner in printcap i need print a extraline my OS unix 5.0.5 :( Tnx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RoMaGo
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

short script help

how do i find out the date of the last time the system was last booted from? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jodders
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

short notice

Im getting stumped on one of my unix problems. Im a college student taking unix and for one of my assignments I am to write a few programs. I done the programs but on one of them I have to modify it by using sed instead of a while do loop. here's the while loop while do ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gummiworm
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

How Can i recover Bootable File Through a Cdrom

Hi To All, I Have Unfortunately Deleted my Grub,Initrd,Vmlinuz files. And am adding these files By using Rescue Mode, But it is not properly working. Give Me a Solution. Iam looking forward from any one. Thanks in Advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sharath Kumar
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add static lines to short file?

I've got a simple log file that looks something like this: And I need to append it to look like this: So I just want to add a timestamp and a static (non-variable) word to each line in the file. Is there an easy scripted way to cat the file and append that data to each line....?? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kevinmccallum
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Short program to select lines from a file based on a second file

Hello, I use UBUNTU 12.04. I want to write a short program using awk to select some lines in a file based on a second file. My first file has this format with about 400,000 lines and 47 fields: SNP1 1 12.1 SNP2 1 13.2 SNP3 1 45.2 SNP4 1 23.4 My second file has this format: SNP2 SNP3... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Homa
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching a large file for short tandem repeats

Hello, I am searching large (~25gb) DNA sequence data in fasta short read format: >ReadName ACGTACGTACGT... for short tandem repeats, meaning instances of any 2-6 character based run that are repeated in tandem a number of times given as an input variable. Seems like a reasonably simple... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ljk
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Short circuit if

Hello everyone, just wondering if this type of if condition will execute properly. Suppose I have a script with two functions in it called abc and def: is this code valid, or is there a better way to short circuit the if statement? #! /bin/ksh93 abc(){ statement 1 using $1 statement 2... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gio001
4 Replies
bsnes-purify(6) 						   Games Manual 						   bsnes-purify(6)

NAME
bsnes-purify - Tool for preparing ROMs for usage with bsnes SYNOPSIS
bsnes-purify scan source-dir output-file bsnes-purify output source-dir target-dir DESCRIPTION
bsnes can not open all ROMs. For example SNES ROMs have to be without copier headers and with the filename extension .sfc. Recent versions of bsnes support games to be arranged in cartridge folders (see below). bsnes 0.089 and later will only support cartridge folders. bsnes-purify searches a directory for ROMs and performs an action on them. It also finds ROMs contained in .zip files. bsnes-purify scan writes a list of the found ROMs together with their SHA256 checksums and sizes to a file. bsnes-purify output creates for each found ROM a cartridge folder with the files program.rom and and manifest.xml in the target directory. If the original ROM was a headered SNES ROM, program.rom will be the same, but without the header. CARDRIDGE FOLDERS
Cartridge folders are intendended to contain all data belonging to a game. The name of a cartridge folder has to end with one of the file- name extensions sfc, fc, gb, gbb, gbc or gba, depending on the system the game is for. The user has to make sure that the following files exist program.rom the game ROM manifest.xml Additional data about the cartridge, generated by bsnes-purify. Sometimes bsnes-purify can't guess all the information for this file and it has to be edited manually. dsp1.rom, dsp1b.rom, dsp2.rom, dsp3.rom, dsp4.rom, st010.rom, st011.rom, st018.rom or cx4.rom Some SNES games have pre-programmed coprocessors (DSPs) built into their cartridges. For these games, the required DSP programs also need to be in the cartridge folders. bsnes itself also writes files to cartridge folders, for example the data that would be saved to RAM in real cartridges to save progress, or bsnes specific save states. For further details, please ask at http://board.byuu.org/. SEE ALSO
bsnes(6) MAN PAGE AUTHOR
Tobias Hansen May 11, 2012 bsnes-purify(6)