Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Add printer with IP address with lpadmin Post 95067 by nulnul7 on Friday 6th of January 2006 07:11:33 AM
Old 01-06-2006
Add printer with IP address with lpadmin

Hi all,
I'm tryin' to add a network printer with lpadmin (I don't have access to admintool) to a Solarisbox but I don't exactly know where to use the IP address.
The thing is that this printer exists already with another printQ but I don't see any printerserver declared with lpsystem -l although the existing one seems to be controlled that way since lpstat -t shows me a system name.
Smilie
So ...
Any hints?

Tnx in advance!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lpadmin help

hi all, I can add a network printer with ADMINTOOL. However, I have a problem to add a network printer using lpadmin on my Sparc Solaris 8 box. Here's the detail: =============== lpadmin -p printername lpadmin: ERROR: Missing -U or -v option. To Fix: Local printer must have a port... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrec
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ooops there goes lpadmin =0

Hi there thanks for checking in I'm screwed if you can't help me. I have root access to a unix box and i did this. >/usr/bin> mailx marcus@rtt.co.za > /usr/bin/lpadmin which over wrote the lpadmin file which is in /usr/bin How do i get this back. Please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nemex
2 Replies

3. Solaris

configuring printer using lpadmin

Can some one tell me how to configure the printer on solaris printer name = A printer server address : 172.21.19.6 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishan
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

add printer

Helooo I am trying to add a printer in sco unix but i found only serial ports how to define parallel ports? Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sak900354
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Lpadmin and viewing printer settings

Hi - Dummy question #1.... We either use the Hewlett Packard HPPI too or LPADMIN command to setup out printers. Is there an LPADMIN command that will show you the default config of a particular printer. Ideally looking to see default font, CPI settings etc. Thanks. BravehearT1326 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BravehearT1326
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

how to find the IP address of a printer

I'm trying to find the IP address of a print queue. I tried this, but nada. cat /etc/hosts | lp -d lp01 Looked in the hosts file but it's not there (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abNORMal
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find IP Address of a Printer Q in Hp-Unix

Could anyone help me to identify the IP address of a printer queue with its printer queue name information . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lenin1985
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Printer (lpadmin) error - blank pages PS/PCL

Help! I have to solve an urgent problem! I have a Solaris 10 server, where I created a line of printing with the command # /usr/sbin/lpadmin -p IL_Printer -s pv24002 -v /dev/null -m netstandard_foomatic -A write -n /usr/lib/lp/model/ppd/system/foomatic/Canon/cnl66e1.ppd.gz -o... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: poyato
0 Replies
GSinterface(1)						      General Commands Manual						    GSinterface(1)

NAME
GSinterface - LP interface script for using ghostscript under lpsched SYNOPSIS
GSinterface [request-id] [user] [title] [copies] [options] [files] DESCRIPTION
This shell script is intended to be uses as an LP interface script on Solaris 2.6 and later systems. It allows print queues to be config- ured under LP using Ghostscript to render for the printer. Configuration under lpsched is performed via the lpadmin(1M) command. # lpadmin -p printer -v /dev/... -I"postscript,pdf" -Tunknown -i /usr/sfw/share/ghostscript/interfaces/GSinterface -o GS_DEVICE=(gs-device-type) [-o OutputFile=(file/device)] [-o PAPERSIZE=(size)] [-o RESOLUTION=XxY] [-o banner-type=(ascii|postscript)] [-o GS_OPTIONS="-sIjsServer=... -sIjsParams=..."] Valid values for the GS_DEVICE setting can be obtained from Ghostscript by running: "gs -h". This will dump a variety of information about Ghostscript's usage and compile time configuration. The "Available devices:" section lists the formats that Ghostscript will render to. You will need to match one of these formats to the format that your printer takes as input. EXAMPLES
To configure a Canon Bublejet 800c (NeWSprinter CL+) printer connected to an ECP parallel port: # lpadmin -p printer -v /dev/ecpp0 -I"postscript,pdf" -Tunknown -i /usr/sfw/share/ghostscript/interfaces/GSinterface -o GS_DEVICE=bjc800 # accept printer # enable printer To configure an HP DeskJet 990 printer connected via a USB interface using IJS support: # lpadmin -p printer -v /dev/usb/lp1 -I"postscript,pdf" -Tunknown -i /usr/sfw/share/ghostscript/interfaces/GSinterface -o GS_DEVICE=ijs -o GS_OPTIONS="-sIjsServer=hpijs -sDeviceManufacturer=HEWLETT-PACKARD -sDeviceModel='DESKJET 990' -DIjsUseOutputFD" # accept printer # enable printer SEE ALSO
gs(1) Ghostscript 15 October 2002 GSinterface(1)