Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: script problem
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting script problem Post 94841 by tdavenpo on Wednesday 4th of January 2006 09:48:08 AM
Old 01-04-2006
script problem

How could I write a script to combine the like check numbers and add their charges, to create one line per check number with a total charge. example of lines:

check # check date charge
11211 01/03/06 10.00
11212 01/03/06 15.00
11212 01/03/06 20.00
11212 01/03/06 15.00
11213 01/03/06 5.00
11213 01/03/06 10.00

I want the script to make the lines look like this:

check # check date charge
11211 01/03/06 10.00
11212 01/03/06 50.00
11213 01/03/06 15.00

I'm not sure on the logic OR how to write it. I have AIX 4.3, Korn shell, and DBC utilities such as reformat, sort, etc..Thanks for any help.

Tommy

Last edited by tdavenpo; 01-04-2006 at 10:54 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem starting a script from a 'main'-script

Please Help! :o I have a main script (ksh) where another script is called (convert_picture). Normally this works ok, but since some changes has been made on the unix-server (I dont know what :( ) suddenly it doesnt work anymore: i get an error message: ksh: convert_picture not found. I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rakker
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help. Script problem

hey guys. i have a bunch of programs in a script that needs to run as root and the rest as another user, we'll call him gabriel. now, in this script, i want to run the first few lines as root. now, how do i, after running as root, tell the script to run the remaining lines as the user gabriel?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Terrible
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh script problem problem

Hi Please help me with the following problem with my script. The following block of code is not repeating in the while loop and exiting after searching for first message. input_file ========== host001-01 host001-02 2008-07-23 13:02:04,651 ConnectionFactory - Setting session state... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcjandyala
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

call shell script from perl cgi script problem

hi,, i have perl scipt with line : system('./try.sh $t $d $m'); in shell scipt try.sh i have the line: echo $1 its not printing value of $t that i hav passed..y is it so..i am running it from apache web server (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raksha.s
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with script

Hello All. I have a script that is suppossed to start up a daemon but when executed, simply hangs. Could you please take a look and let me know where the problem might be? TIA ################################################################### # # SCRIPT: dstart3000.sh # Bring up the Domain... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: grin1dan
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with a script

Hi everyone, I got a problem with a script. What it's supposed to do is: to take as arguments a directory name <dir> and a dimension (in byte) <dim>; if <dir> exists, to write name and dimension of every regular file within it that sizes lesser than <dim> in regFileList. Nothing happens... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Luke Bonham
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem running a program/script in the background from a script

Hi all, I have a script that calls another program/script, xxx, to run in the background. Supposedly this program at most should finish within five (5) minutes so after five (5) minutes, I run some other steps to run the script into completion. My problem is sometimes the program takes... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem while calling a script within a script

Hi , I have moduled my scripts in three scripts . From First script i am calling second and from second i am calling third for some check . Problem is with the third script call. ---In second script EXP ='test.\abc.\Server.*abc.xml.*' pid=$($HOME/bin/checkpid $EXP) --Third... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amrishn
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script newbie, what is problem with my script?

Hello, Ubuntu server 11.10 can anybody help what is problem with my shell script? #!/bin/bash #script to find out currently logged on user is root or not. if ] then echo "You are super" else echo "You are awesome!" fi When I run script, I get following output ./uid: line 3: I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaustubh
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in calling a script inside a script

Hi team, I have a script in different folder. Now i want to call that script and execute that script from that path alone. My code is #!/bin/bash wname=yahoo PATH='/opt/IBM' wac=`/usr/bin/ls $PATH | /usr/bin/grep "$wname"` STOP=`/usr/bin/find $PATH/$wac -type f -name "stop.sh"`... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: natraj005
8 Replies
CheckDigits::M10_009(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 CheckDigits::M10_009(3pm)

NAME
CheckDigits::M10_009 - compute check digits for Betriebsnummer (DE) SYNOPSIS
use Algorithm::CheckDigits; $betrnr = CheckDigits('betriebsnummer'); if ($betrnr->is_valid('73282932000074')) { # do something } $cn = $betrnr->complete('7328293200007'); # $cn = '73282932000074' $cd = $betrnr->checkdigit('73282932000074'); # $cd = '4' $bn = $betrnr->basenumber('73282932000074'); # $bn = '7328293200007' DESCRIPTION
ALGORITHM 1. Beginning left all numbers are weighted alternatively 1 and 2. 2. The total of the digits of all products is computed. 3. The sum of step 3 ist taken modulo 10. 4. The check digit is the difference between 10 and the number from step 3 taken modulo 10. HINT: The last digit of the 'Betriebsnummer' may be the check digit or the last digit of the sum of the constant 5 and the check digit. METHODS is_valid($number) Returns true only if $number consists solely of numbers and the last digit is a valid check digit according to the algorithm given above. Returns false otherwise, complete($number) The check digit for $number is computed and concatenated to the end of $number. Returns the complete number with check digit or '' if $number does not consist solely of digits and spaces. basenumber($number) Returns the basenumber of $number if $number has a valid check digit. Return '' otherwise. checkdigit($number) Returns the checkdigit of $number if $number has a valid check digit. Return '' otherwise. EXPORT None by default. AUTHOR
Mathias Weidner, <mathias@weidner.in-bad-schmiedeberg.de> SEE ALSO
perl, CheckDigits, www.pruefziffernberechnung.de. www.dsi.cnrs.fr/bureau_qualite/admindonnees/documents/siren.pdf perl v5.10.0 2008-05-17 CheckDigits::M10_009(3pm)