Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: dns/pppoe Problems
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers dns/pppoe Problems Post 9015 by Recon on Sunday 21st of October 2001 11:02:14 AM
Old 10-21-2001
Lightbulb I've Got it !!!

I figured it out!!!!

Just for future reference,
when using RP-PPPOE (Roaring Penguin's pppoe package),
choosing server will put the nameservers IP's into
/etc/resolv.conf however, when you use
start-adsl that file is moved, and a link is created to
/etc/ppp/resolv.conf , which in my case was empty

I copied /etc/resolv.conf to /etc/ppp/resolv.conf before starting
adsl. Now it WORKS!! I am surfing with a linux machine!!!

RECON

Last edited by Recon; 10-22-2001 at 03:01 AM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

pppoe

Greetings... I'm looking for a pppoe client for SCO SYS_V can u guys gimme some help ? a website address or even the program name would be just fine. Thanx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nEuRoMaNcEr
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DNS problems.

Here's the setup. We have a consortium of three different\separate domains\organizations A.org, B.org, and C.org that are sharing a domain D.org. The server they share\use is housed at domain A.org. Domain A.org also maintains the primary nameserver for both internal and external DNS. The... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Westy564
5 Replies

3. Solaris

OS Problems -no DNS & SSH not working

I just installed Solaris 6/10 without any problems but I didn't connect the network cable when I installed it. Here are my problems: -I can access webpages using IP addrsses but not with domain names -ssh is installed but it is not running ('ps -e | grep sshd' didn't show it) I have been... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kungpow
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problems figuring out dns

Im on an OS X 10.4 Mac server running bind 9.3, I just replaced the entire network with cisco hardware, all machines including servers now have private ip addresses that t he firewall resolves. I need to have a dns that works for both internal and external connections. any help would be great! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nbredthauer
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

PPPoE Connection on RHEL5

Hi, I am having broadband connection, I need to connect broadband internet through eth0. Please give me some use full information for configuring this. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkachary
0 Replies

6. Slackware

pppoe-start not working

Hello. I'm new here and i'm new to slack (concept) as well. I made a connection for pppoe with pppoe-setup, bringed up eth0 with ifconfig but when i try pppoe-connect i get "Cannot determine ethernet address for proxy ARP" and with pppoe-start i get "child pppd process terminated". How can i make... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: editheraven
0 Replies

7. Ubuntu

PPPOE + Ubuntu = Frustrating

Hii everyone, I will be explaining what kind of problem I am having with Ubuntu and PPPOE. I have dual booted my PC with Win 7 and Ubuntu 10.10 Previously, whenever I use to start my ubuntu, internet automatically used to start up.. .no problems. I had created a DSL connection through... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zsycho
0 Replies

8. IP Networking

authentication of VM's via PPPoE

I have two VM's running on Ubuntu box.Their name and IP addresses are give below. nas 192.168.129.153 home_user 192.168.129.152 I establish a ppp connection between the two machines #nas (server) sudo pppd noauth local lock defaultroute... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik.sharma
0 Replies
desproxy-dns(1) 						   User Commands						   desproxy-dns(1)

NAME
desproxy-dns - DNS for dynamic connections SYNOPSIS
desproxy-dns dns_server proxy_host proxy_port OPTIONS
None DESCRIPTION
If you have direct DNS access then you don't need to do anything else. You know you have direct DNS access if you can resolve host names to IP addresses. NOTE: as desproxy-dns listens in port 53 (which is less than 1024) you may need administrator privileges to exec desproxy-dns (in fact if you are running UN*X, you actually have to run desproxy-dns as root). OK, so you have a dns server accessible now. But your computer doesn't know anything about that. You must configure your network accordingly (again, need to be root in UN*X). Edit /etc/resolv.conf and add the line "nameserver 127.0.0.1". You don't have to restart anything. Just test ping and see if it works. ENVIRONMENT
None. FILES
None. SEE ALSO
dnsproxy(1), ping(1) AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Jari Aalto <jari.aalto@cante.net>, for the Debian GNU system (but may be used by others). Released under license GPL v2 or any later version. desproxy-dns 2012-03-26 desproxy-dns(1)