Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Proxies (Best?)
Special Forums Cybersecurity Proxies (Best?) Post 89371 by Neo on Friday 11th of November 2005 11:01:39 PM
Old 11-12-2005
I use Squid w/WebMin:

http://www.squid-cache.org/

there is a nice web based interface for Squid with WebMin:

http://www.webmin.com/

Squid, however, uses disk & memory caches. Not sure if it can be configured for only memory cache. Maybe. Let us know, Thanks!

Quote:
Squid-1.1 also uses a lot of memory to store in-transit objects. This version stores incoming objects only in memory, until the transfer is complete. At that point it decides whether or not to store the object on disk. This means that when users download large files, your memory usage will increase significantly. The squid.conf parameter maximum_object_size determines how much memory an in-transit object can consume before we mark it as uncachable. When an object is marked uncachable, there is no need to keep all of the object in memory, so the memory is freed for the part of the object which has already been written to the client. In other words, lowering maximum_object_size also lowers Squid-1.1 memory usage.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix program that can port scan a c block of ips for proxies

can anyone tell me a unix program that can port scan a c block of ips for proxies? a fast one, with reliable results, that can load an ip list, or set an ip range, and specify ports thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: user
1 Replies

2. Web Development

Apache2 reverse proxies implementation

Hi all, I hope someone here could shine a light on an issue that I am having with apache2. I have 2 servers with apache2 on each, which are on the same network with one router. I have implemented what I have seen on guides on the net on the landing server such as 'Apache2 reverse proxies'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nodrama
1 Replies
regex(3)						     Library Functions Manual							  regex(3)

Name
       re_comp, re_exec - regular expression handler

Syntax
       char *re_comp(s)
       char *s;

re_exec(s)
       char *s;

Description
       The  subroutine	compiles  a string into an internal form suitable for pattern matching.  The subroutine checks the argument string against
       the last string passed to

The subroutine returns 0 if the string s was compiled successfully; otherwise a string containing an  error  message  is  returned.  If	is
       passed 0 or a null string, it returns without changing the currently compiled regular expression.

The  subroutine returns 1 if the string s matches the last compiled regular expression, 0 if the string s failed to match the last compiled
       regular expression, and -1 if the compiled regular expression was invalid (indicating an internal error).

The strings passed to both and may have trailing or embedded newline characters; they are terminated by	nulls.	 The  regular  expressions
       recognized are described in the manual entry for given the above difference.

Diagnostics
       The subroutine returns -1 for an internal error.

The subroutine returns one of the following strings if an error occurs:

No previous regular expression
       Regular expression too long
       unmatched (
       missing ]
       too many () pairs
       unmatched )

See Also
       ed(1), ex(1), egrep(1), fgrep(1), grep(1)

regex(3)