Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting can this been solved with awk and sed? Post 88718 by mskcc on Tuesday 8th of November 2005 09:19:08 AM
Old 11-08-2005
thx

No. The original file was,

empty empty record record for #5
record record empty empty for #7.

When I posted the records, the empty spaces were missed. But it should be extracted as a empty space. Thanks again.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Solved: AWK SED HELP

Hi, I need to process a file as below. Could you please help to achieve that using awk/sed commands. Input file: --------------- AB | "abcdef 12345" | 7r5561451.pdf PQRST | "fghfghf hgkjgtjhghb ghhgjhg hghjghg " | 76er6ry.pdf 12345 | "fghfgcv uytdywe bww76 jkh7dscbc 78 : nvchtry hbuyt"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: viveksr
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Sed/awk print between patterns the first occurrence

Guys, I am trying the following: i have a log file of a webbap which logs in the following pattern: 2011-08-14 21:10:04,535 blablabla ERROR blablabla bla bla bla bla 2011-08-14 21:10:04,535 blablabla ERROR blablabla bla bla bla ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppolianidis
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Find duplicate and add pattern in sed/awk

<Update> I have the solution: sed 's/\{3\}/&;&;---;4/' The thread can be marked as solved! </Update> Hi There, I'm working on a script processing some data from a website into cvs format. There is only one final problem left I can't find a solution. I've processed my file... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lolworlds
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[solved] how to separate using sed !

dears, hope evryone doing good in his work , i have a question about something important : how can i use 'sed' so in a script automatically it will take an enter before the number 1 in this line so 2 commands will be taken insted of one big command ?... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: semaan
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[solved]Help with a sed command

So I have a bunch of strings in a file. Example Line ./prcol/trt/conf/conf-app/jobdefinition/trt-pre-extr-trt-step.jdef Intended Result pre-extr-trt-step So far I have parsed it out to the last bit, echo $line | cut -d'/' -f7 | cut -d. -f1Result trt-pre-extr-trt-step So I added a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: J-Man
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SOLVED] sed command

Help request, I have tsted this line of code for hours. The first line works and the second line returns the message " sed: command garbled.....". This is running on solaris. The "${} variables all have good values when echoed. ## /bin/sed -n '1,25p' ${file} >> ${MailFile} ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: millerg225
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SOLVED] sed -i not available in solaris 5.10

Hi All, i'm writing a script where i have to grep for a pattern and the 3 lines after the pattern and comment them out. Note that i have to do this for multiple files, i am able to grep the pattern and the next 3 lines but since solaris does not recognize the -i option, i was wondering if... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Irishboy24
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] sed

sed -e 's/console/raw/g' this command will replace the letter pradeep with rawat what if i want to replace a word like FRIENDS with a space simultaneously from the same file i m replacing pradeep. im doing this sed -e 's/console/raw/g' && sed 's/FRIENDS//g' but i dono why this is not happening. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: console
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] How remove leading whitespace from xml (sed /awk?)

Hi again I have an xml file and want to remove the leading white space as it causes me issues later in my script I see sed is possible but cant seem to get it to work I tried sed 's/^ *//' file.xml output <xn:VsDataContainer id="1U104799" modifier="update"> ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: aniquebmx
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] sed command help

Hello all. Im trying very hard to figure this out, but Im a newbie. I have a file that looks like this.... 6315551234 NJ224 5162224567 SUFF Im trying to put a command together that will make it into this.... UM,6315551234,,,,,NJ224,0 UM,5162224567,,,,,SUFF,0 Im all over the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jay11789
7 Replies
PX_GET_RECORD(3)														  PX_GET_RECORD(3)

px_get_record - Returns record of paradox database

SYNOPSIS
array px_get_record (resource $pxdoc, int $num, [int $mode]) DESCRIPTION
PARAMETERS
o $pxdoc - Resource identifier of the paradox database as returned by px_new(3). o $num - The record number is an artificial number counting records in the order as they are stored in the database. The first record has number 0. o $mode - The optional $mode can be PX_KEYTOLOWER or PX_KEYTOUPPER in order to convert the keys of the returned array into lower or upper case. If $mode is not passed or is 0, then the key will be exactly like the field name. The element values will contain the field values. NULL values will be retained and are different from 0.0, 0 or the empty string. Fields of type PX_FIELD_TIME will be returned as an integer counting the number of milliseconds starting at midnight. A timestamp ( PX_FIELD_TIMESTAMP) and date ( PX_FIELD_DATE) are floating point respectively int values counting milliseconds respectively days starting at the beginning of julian calendar. Use the functions px-timestamp2string(3) and px-date2string(3) to convert them into a character representation. RETURN VALUES
Returns the $num'th record from the paradox database. The record is returned as an associated array with its keys being the field names. SEE ALSO
px_retrieve_record(3). PHP Documentation Group PX_GET_RECORD(3)